Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do you feel pressured to play certain perks?

Comments

• latinfla4latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Yeah even the achievement for escaping doing one gen and not running perks is easier than some killer adepts🤣

But then it is 16 perks or 12 in that case versus 4

• VikingWilsonVikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited September 2021

Without a doubt BBQ. Blood points just aren't keeping up with the ever-growing grind's inflation.

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 388

For Killer I feel I need to have Corrupt on to win, just gives me a easier time early match to get that first hook.

As Survivor I don't feel the need to use certain perks to 'win' but Spine Chill definitely makes the game less stressful haha. The game is more exciting without it for sure but I tend to notice a decline in escapes when I don't use it.

• fitchfitch Member Posts: 143

My killers perks must have ruin.

Survivor like mouse hidding and secretly rush gen.

Is this rush gen Emulator??

• ArtemishaArtemisha Member Posts: 401

On solo surv, DS is mandatory. Majority of games is gonna be triggered. I also like wearing an exhaustion perk and selfcare.

As killer, although I just play Huntress and Piggy, Corrupt Intervention and ruin. I don't play sweat all game. Usually when I'm on a strong possition in game I start playing suboptimal or meme with survs. But without gen perk regression I'd just be gen rushed and stomped.

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,119

I always feel like I need BT on survivor and Corrupt on Killer.

• Laurie268Laurie268 Member Posts: 333

As survivor: DS, DH, IW for higher chance of survival

as killer: BBQ, Corrupt, Pop unless I want all gens to get done in 3 mins

• nikodemonikodemo Member Posts: 357

I did at the beginning, but now that I know the game a bit better, and with MMR, I run whatever I want.

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,700

As survivor? Not a bit.

As killer? Depends on the killer but, yes, definitely. Certain killers have to have gen stopping perks to have a chance unless you intend to slug a lug all game.

• AxxAxx Member Posts: 386
    edited September 2021

You 100% have to use gen slowdown perks as killer if you want a chance vs the decent teams will eventually face. I personally use CI and PGTW.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,678

Yes because playing anyone other than top tier killers without meta perks is a death sentence.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,631

BBQ for BP on every single killer. Its kinda annoying to limit your builds but what can you do if you need BP?

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

Killers have been conditioned to play around or respect BT and DS, so you don't even have to run those perks to get their benefit, because the killer doesn't want to risk you having those perks or they get mega punished. So that's the survivor perspective; you can use whatever you want. Autodidact, Premonition, Self-Care, you name it.

For killer, you almost always have to run 4 gen defence perks, because the gens are too quick. A 30-second chase puts you on the back foot for the rest of the game, and a 1-minute chase is a guaranteed loss. We're talking about versing survivors who actually do gens, mind you. You can do amazing in chase, and bring in 4 chase perks to help you and cut the chases a little bit shorter, but it's all for naught because the gens got done in 4 minutes. Gen defence on the other hand gives you a fighting chance at least. If you can cut chases short and get back to pressuring the gens real quick, Pop and Ruin will allow you to regress gens, even though survivors can play around that by finishing gens before you can Pop/Ruin them. Some people say you just need Corrupt for gen defence, but I don't buy it. You need that perk on top of other gen defence perks so that you don't get out-genned all the time.

• DuskkDuskk Member Posts: 92

I feel if I do not run Ruin/Undying or Ruin/Pop I will get dominated. I feel very pressured. Legion is a sad killer and I need this heavy gen defense to stand a chance.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,142

Killer - Corrupt Intervention.

Survivor - BT, Kindred.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,589

As most killers I feel kinda pressured into running at least PGTW or Ruin. Some don't have enough map mobility (or I'm very bad at) so I use the Corrupt/Pop core. As Nurse I just say ######### it and use Haunted/Agitation/Starstruck/BBQ.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,280

Lately I've felt pressured to use Spinechill. Just because Wraith's are common and I really dislike being hit for "free" as I can't see the Wraith approaching, particularly on in-door maps.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 1,310

No, i've lost so much interest in the game that i can't keep up with unlocking perks; let alone getting them on all killers/survivors.

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,318

Definitely. Between tool boxes, brand new parts, and perks like prove thyself, you need regression perks for killers otherwise matches will end in less than 5 minutes. I would love nothing more than to use fun builds, but sadly I fall back to the same build time and time again because generator speeds are not properly balanced. If a killer doesn't have map pressure, then there's little they can do to stop generators, especially when you're going up against SWF.

• JagoJago Member Posts: 1,418

Prove thyself cause I love the concept of genrushing.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 806

Well yes, I feel pressure to play certain perks. Perks that are fitting fot the character and make a fun experience for me.

As a survivor I like to use at least 1 personal perk from the survivor. Most times I run 1 exhaustion perk too, because I think that Balance Landing and Sprintburst are a good way to make distance and are fitting for my characters.

As a Killer I need a feeling for the perk. Running Michael Myers with a Hex: Ruin would be something that can ruin my mood. Running him with Enduring to empathise his physical abnormality is way better. Using Pop on Ghostface is meh for me because Ghostface is not physicaly strong, however Hillbilly can kick a generator into the next dimension with his brute force.

The pinnacle of this so far is Pinhead. I run him with just his personal perks and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. It works fine and feels fresh to use him in such a way.

Yeah and I dont think it's goingto get better the grind is only going to get worse with more perks😅

Why not as spine chill nerfs stealth killers hard🤣

yeah sad that gen regression is almost a necessary evil right now

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,109

As killer, yes. I feel if I want to stand a chance against survivor's that aren't potatoes then I need to bring at least 1 slow down perk.

As survivor I feel I need an exhaustion perk and a means to heal myself. That's just me though. I've seen survivors who are so good at looping/routing that they don't need an exhaustion perk. I'm not that good at routing so I feel I need something to extend the chase.

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

On Survivor BT is must have if u don't want to kill your teammate in front of killer face.

On Killer any slowdown perk is must have, cause otherwise gens pop very quick.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,956

Kindred, not so much pressure as its just so good when solo.

Bond, I hate random people, I hate crap plays happening around me, I use it to avoid people.

BBQ, information is good but the Bloodpoints are crucial if you consistently play new content.

Bamboozle depending on how much of a benefit it provides to a specific killer.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,051

I do feel pressured to stack slowdowns, and I hate that it's necessary when survivors are optimal. The pacing of the game is broken at a higher level depending on what either side brings. Perks and items are overtuned. Killers stack slowdowns to compensate for Prove Thyself/BNPs and map size/tile safety while survivors bring Prove Thyself/BNPs to compensate for stacked gen regression. It's a circular mess. And if either side doesn't bring those things, they're likely to get run over if the other side brings their meta.

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 380

Not really as killer. But as surv, i cant play without some exhaustion perk and a means to heal myself. A habit i need to break.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Not at all, because I don't care whether I win or lose. I'm a casual player.