Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is the longest break you have taken from playing dbd and why🤔?

Comments

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,759

2 weeks because I was burnt out and bored of the game.

• DuskkDuskk Member Posts: 92

A little over 2 years. Was hoping I’d come back to the game and legion would have been made decent. I was and am still disappointed that legion is not good. Actually they’re even worse.

• RenfearRenfear Member Posts: 103

6 months. Every game I play is against a console killer and every match against a console killer is thoroughly unenjoyable. They're not good, they're not fun to play against and I just don't have a good time with it, even escaping feels like a chore.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

I've had several months of no playing several times.

Sometimes it's because I'm not happy with how the balance is

Sometimes I'm just tired of dealing with tiresome players who pitch a fit anytime they lose

I've learned that playing only one game and nothing else is bad for your outlook on the game, no matter how much you love it. I enjoy this game more now that I don't play it regularly.

• latinfla4latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

You might not be the only one...sometimes talking in these forums is more fun than actually playing dbd right now🤣

Yeah I have the same feeling as you right now...survivor gets pretty boring and killer which is different is to nerfed😴

What about the current game is making you not play it?😯

I dont know if your friend has your best interests at heart🤣

Yeah it is worse since every survivor plays the same way...it just gets stale.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,524

Can't remember why but my biggest break must've been just before the release of The Legion. I can't remember ever playing against old legion that everyone hated. I came back from my break a little while after Plague was released and by that point I think Legion was changed significantly.

So I guess the break was pretty good timing.

Yeah just playing dbd would be mentally straining...dont know how some streamers do it🤣

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,484

The longest was 4-5 months, because I realized it was making me angry and stressed. I decided to wait until I felt like it might be fun again, and that's how long it took.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

7 months

game is too addicting, imo

DBD was all I played for 2+ years and I felt strung out

The reset was so extremely healthy, and I’m happy to say that this game doesn’t control me in any way, anymore.

I enjoy playing other games/genres and DBD only gets a handful of hours of playtime weekly😌

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 636

5.0.0 and the 5th anniversary event.

1. It was genuinely upsetting how broken the game was for console that I refused to play. I have every 4th anniversary crown for both killer and survivor at the time, but I didn't care for getting a single 5th anniversary crown as a testament to how upsetting I found the state of the game to be.

2. Platinuming Resident Evil: Village

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,561

I often take break for a month between rifts. And I dropped the game for over month in the middle of tome VI because it was tedious.

• scorpioscorpio Member Posts: 327

Probably a year or more, because most matches were just aggravating and not fun anymore. I've taken lots of breaks from this game when it just stops being fun.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 602
    edited September 2021

Back on Legion's release. I believe queue times took 10-15 minutes on a good day, to the point I didn't play for about 8 months. Same reason I don't play the game currently, because high MMR = far too long for me to wait in a game with so many players and having my queues be so quick prior to SBMM.

Sometimes you take an extended break like that and hope you come back to something good, but then you realize that even taking a break for an entire year leaves this game in more or less the same state or worse in some ways.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 7,244

The only "break" I took was probably at the beginner level. I got DBD from PS Plus, decided to play a few matches, forgot about it (not for lack of interest, mind you), and then a few months or a year later I started playing regularly.

• Wiitab360Wiitab360 Member Posts: 106

I took a break from November 2019 to July 2020 because I didn't have a computer.

I took another (shorter) break from December 2020 to February 2021 because I was getting burned out.

Those are the only two 'breaks' I've taken since I've started playing.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,473

1 month, because game was broken

• Bonquiqui414Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

When the resident evil chapter broke console. Didn’t even play anniversary much to get crowns and cake cause it was so unbearable

• _NIGHTMARE__NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 708

Literally just a week.

We went on holiday and had no WiFi. I was so glad to finally be back at the seaside, that it didn't bother me one bit.

😂

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,547
    edited September 2021

After the oni came out I took a break and didn't play the game seriously again like until may or June of this year

The game was just extremely boring and the releases after that just didn't make a return appealing

• TicTacTicTac Member Posts: 2,224

The 3 months after Resident Evil. The game was absolutely broken and is still worse than before.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,206

About 2 to 3 months during the RE chapter. Worst chapter ever made imo

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,694

I haven’t taken a break, instead, I’ve just reduced how much I play. I used to play 5-6 hours a day, 5 days a week, and now I can only stomach 2-4 matches a day at most and find myself more interested in watching YouTube.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,271

i'm on my longest break right now, and i will stay on break until SBMM is either fixed or removed

playing against survs way better then me and then proceeding to curbstomp the next team because they're all fresh installs regardless of what killer i use isn't fun, combine that with performance issues and a myriad of other crap has left me burnt out atm