Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues

GPU Crashed or D3D Device Removed error when facing Pinhead.

LounLoun Member Posts: 20

Hi guys.

So, since the Pinhead release, I've been having crashes almost every time I faced him.

Basically, when I'm in a match with Pinhead, my game suddenly freezes mid-game and I get hit with this error message :

And then the game closes.

I've noticed that multiple people reported this issue, I wanted to know if the devs are working on fixing this problem and if there is any workaround.

For precision, I only have this issue on DBD, and I only face this issue when facing Pinhead.

Thank you for your attention.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,096

I'm starting to see this issue a lot and it's worrying me tbh.

D3D device lost is 1 of 5 issues.

1) Overheating GPU.

2) Bad GPU overclock.

3) Bad GPU driver. Use display driveru ninstaller to clear out the driver and reinstall.

4) BIOS update needed (typically for ryzen 3000 and ryzen 5000)

5) Bad PSU.

I'd check GPU temps first. But i'm gonna ask if the team want logs because I noticed this is getting worse over the past few days.

• LounLoun Member Posts: 20

Hello, thanks for your answer.

I've been trying all of those solutions but I don't know if it worked, because I need to face Pinhead in order to check that.

I've also been searching for a solution and apparently, it can be the GPU that's failing, which surprises me because my GPU doesn't overheat at all.

Hope you guys will manage to fix this soon.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,096

Got a friend you can KYF with for testing?

• LounLoun Member Posts: 20

I do have a friend who has Pinhead, yeah. Will test it with him when possible, then I'll report the results here.