Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

RNG is what's ruining DBD

I am tired of having pallets spawning in every tile possible. Turn's killer into wood-breaking simulator.

Why does rng have to be a thing? To make every game feel "fresh" while it certainly does not. In fact, it just makes it more frustrating.

Comments

• SonicOfflineSonicOffline Member Posts: 688

I'm tired of having the same map 5 times in a row with no offerings literally every night.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 7,032

Yeah a few days I spawned on the worst Wrecker’s Yard of my life. There were pallets everywhere at every single spot that a pallet can spawn and so many things chained together. I was Pinhead that match so it’s not like I played a super strong killer to make that up.

• Removing RNG would ruin dbd.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,814

No, BHVR is what's ruining DbD. Everything else is a result of their decisions, including rng.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 4,191

I think both sides can agree the RNG aspects of the game need to be dialed back by a lot. It makes the first 50 hours interesting and becomes super annoying after that. Also makes it hard to get good data for balancing purposes

• legacycoltlegacycolt Member Posts: 713

I disagree. RNG is what’s making dbd good.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 1,690

less RNG is a good thing. this is why rpd is one of the best maps in the game

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 2,768

I don't like so much RNG in game either.... I'm a Pig player so it's really bad on her

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,602

Less RNG is a good thing.

However, the absence of RNG is stale. We need a more consistent balance.

• LinkToRealityLinkToReality Member Posts: 55

RNG isn't bad, but there should be constraints. A map should have between X and Y amount of pallets, where Y is someways below what would be considered every possible spawn.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 4,424

I feel like maps are the bigger issue as a whole and not necessarily just their rng. But whatever. It is what it is. At least most games DO feel fresh. It kind of works!

• EvilBarney666EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 137

My biggest issue with RNG is the damn totem spawns. Like right next to a gen? Really?

How about. If X gen is within Y range of totem it won't spawn there. If Z survivor is within X range of totem they don't spawn there.

Don't think that's so hard. But damn these placements.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,344

Part of the replayability is most likely the RNG. If maps were static, this would be too predictable, killer or survivor could have memorized a way to their advantage. Maybe, I wish RNG was slightly more as such occasionally even double pallets would spawn in areas. It already spawns with no pallets, why not sometimes with two? This way sometimes a certain tile is strong for killer and sometimes strong for survivor.

• IamB4tm4n88IamB4tm4n88 Member Posts: 57

It takes the guessing out of it with no RNG. If you know for a fact a pallets gonna be there you will just run there. Think of the pallet at the kill shack but everywhere because you know it will be there

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 950

I think RNG is fine just needs to be reduced.

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 431

They will probably put a set amount, much like they have done with traps.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,981
    edited September 2021

I enjoy playing on nothing but swamp, what do you mean?

• lav3lav3 Member Posts: 260

To clarify, 'extreme' RNG is what ruins game in my opinion.

Large deadzones with single TL wall or consecutive pallet loops (not maze tiles connected)...Even generator spots.

Some killer favored map can be friendly survivor map. Survivor favored map can vice versa too.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,435

Disagree. Without RNG, most matches would play out the same way. RNG is a necessary evil, unfortunately.

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854

I don't think RNG is the problem, i think it's how it is implented.

For exemple, if every maps would be divided in 4 zones with each zone having the same "chase number", a number defined by the number of pallets/windows and there combination with a fix distance number between pallets/windows etc... RNG could still be there but work way better.

ATM; RNG does whatever it wants so depending the configuration it will favor one side or the other...

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,203

7 coldwinds last night(actually way more but this was just my "coldwind count" after I had seen it a bunch of times already. I would say probably like 12ish in total) and a game on Swapwhere I probably broke 20ish pallets in the same area with 2 gens. Also surprised there is no mention of hook RNG on badham. I had a game where I couldnt hook 2 people and had to let them bleed out because I broke the 1 hook in range of the preschool basement. If I every tried to carry someone out they would wiggle out before I made it to a hook.

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,203

I feel survivor sided maps generally have little RNG like haddonfielld and game are consistently good. Red forest or RPD is consistently good because RNG doesnt effect size.