Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Freddy Buff is NOW! a main priority

Comments

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

@245_Trioxin said:

@azazer said:
    Other than that, survivors shouldn't be able to wake themselves short of a complete gen. In the movies you always had to have a friend wake you up and this should mirror that cannon. 

This is 100% false. There are numerous times in the series where characters injured themselves in order to wake up. Nancy Thompson burning her arm on a hot pipe in the first film is just one example that proves your statement wrong.

This is where YOU are wrong, kiddo. The Nightmare is from the 2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street, so the events of the other ANoES movies are irrelevant.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 1,239
    After Freddy maybe Hag and Wraith?
  • JackardJackard Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2018
    Instead of pulling people off and carrying them away, what about kicking the survivor like a pallet to interrupt with a short stun to prevent exploits like chain healing while falling asleep? 

Edit: the stun wouldn't prohibit movement, just actions like healing etc...
  • 245_Trioxin245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

@Acromio said:

@245_Trioxin said:

@azazer said:
    Other than that, survivors shouldn't be able to wake themselves short of a complete gen. In the movies you always had to have a friend wake you up and this should mirror that cannon. 

This is 100% false. There are numerous times in the series where characters injured themselves in order to wake up. Nancy Thompson burning her arm on a hot pipe in the first film is just one example that proves your statement wrong.

This is where YOU are wrong, kiddo. The Nightmare is from the 2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street, so the events of the other ANoES movies are irrelevant.

First off, don't call me kiddo. I'm probably old enough to be your father. Two, please re-read the statement I replied to:

"In the movies you always had to have a friend wake you up and this should mirror that cannon."

Oh look! That says MOVIES. So, I was not wrong, based on the statement I was replying to. It doesn't matter if the Freddy in the game is based on a garbage remake. The statement was based on the canon of the film series, as a whole, and they were wrong.

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 978

I like the idea of Freddy being able to pull a Survivor off of things even if they aren't in the Dreamworld. It might be a bit OP though. Maybe a change would be:

If the Survivor is at full health, Freddy yanks them off and causes them to become injured.
    If they are Injured, Freddy yanks them off and downs them.
    Freddy can put players in the downed state into the Dreamworld - if this isn't already the case.
    This will provide some counterplay, the most obvious being gtfo before he gets there, but isn't too overpowering.

Remove the failed skillchecks pulling you out of the Dreamworld and instead put in specific items (hot water pipes, some fires, anything that might cause pain, maybe a cup of coffee?) that must be used instead. Another player can of course do it for you with the wakeup action, but it would make him a lot stronger if the Survivors had to find something to do this for them solo. Add in a couple skillchecks perhaps to make the interaction a bit more difficult.

• StalwartXXStalwartXX Member Posts: 80

I like playing as Freddy but usually do poorly, largely due to the dream transition. If someone on a hook after gates are open then you can be guaranteed they'll escape if unhooked and you'll struggle to get them in the dream world and downed before they make it to the exit. And never even mind trying to stop someone unhook, work on a generator etc. The transition needs to be much shorter.

Or maybe have the dream transition work as an AoE around Freddy so when he's within a certain distance (his terror radius say) you fall into the dream world after a few seconds. Even keep the same effect of flashes of Freddy being visible during the transition. It would allow Freddy that little bit of extra pressure as rather than having to individually target survivors then wait for them to transition, once within his terror radius hes having an effect on them while approaching and would stop the free gens and saves etc. Yes, certain perk combos could be used to make his terror radius a lot bigger, but give him a smaller terror radius like the Hag so it doesn't get too out of hand. Remove the ability to wake yourself up with self care but make it so that when hit by Freddy, the survivor 'wakes up' and the dream transition begins again before he can get another hit. Also keep the ability to see survivors in the dream world outside terror radius but I think this would be a good way to alter the transition specifically.

It would stay canon too as through the films, characters don't realise they've fallen asleep. They'll be awake and in the middle of doing something only to suddenly be in the dream world doing the same thing. I think having the dreamworld transition as an AoE of his terror radius would be great. Flashes of Freddy and his laugh playing periodically as the transition effect occurs as he gets closer and closer, the lullaby getting louder. Then suddenly you're in the dream world, still working on a gen or whatever but without being stopped.

It would also free up his power to allow for something else, maybe the ability to alter the dream world version of the map. Maybe add in fake pallets, some gens that aren't actually gens, have fake survivors walking around randomly in the distant mist that fade as they get nearer, general mind game bullshittery. He could keep the same targetter as his current power, but it can only hit transitioned survivors and then after a few seconds things start getting weird for them in the dream world.

Just an idea for Freddy :chuffed:

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

I am so glad that I decided not to buy him in the first week

• NerganaNergana Member Posts: 6

Literally just commenting on old posts related to Freddy in an attempt to garner attention for him.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Mringasa said:

I like the idea of Freddy being able to pull a Survivor off of things even if they aren't in the Dreamworld. It might be a bit OP though. Maybe a change would be:

If the Survivor is at full health, Freddy yanks them off and causes them to become injured.
    If they are Injured, Freddy yanks them off and downs them.
    Freddy can put players in the downed state into the Dreamworld - if this isn't already the case.
    This will provide some counterplay, the most obvious being gtfo before he gets there, but isn't too overpowering.

Remove the failed skillchecks pulling you out of the Dreamworld and instead put in specific items (hot water pipes, some fires, anything that might cause pain, maybe a cup of coffee?) that must be used instead. Another player can of course do it for you with the wakeup action, but it would make him a lot stronger if the Survivors had to find something to do this for them solo. Add in a couple skillchecks perhaps to make the interaction a bit more difficult.

Freddy doing harm like that is op, I main freddy and saying this. You can't see where he is and not even wraith can gen snatch while invisible, or pig. Nothing in stealth should gen snatch.
  • NotBiasedAtAllNotBiasedAtAll Member Posts: 50

Why would you stay on the gen when you hear his lullaby anyway?

• AshAsh Member Posts: 15

Why would you stay on the gen when you hear his lullaby anyway?

Because survivors know they can finish a near completed gen before they fully fall asleep they power through it and not care about being tagged by dream transition

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Survivors do not feel threatened by Freddy at all, and there's many ways the devs could remedy this. I posted a giant list of suggestions in one of the Freddy buff threads, and I believe a lot of those alterations would make him at least mid - upper mid tier.

If Freddy could pull survivors off of objectives while invisible, this could also add to his threat level and would solve the "lol, just finish the gen and SB away" problem. People would hear the lullaby and make a choice: risk getting yanked off an objective to finish it, or book it out of there. Done, survivor successfully threatened.

• CodyWolf321CodyWolf321 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018

If anyone would like to see my changes to Freddy please follow this link I made a mistake and put it in balance feedback screw it I'll put it here in this comment
    So for a Freddy rework I was think of TWO Different ways you can rework Freddy
    1. Make The dream transition shorter to 3.5 seconds but make his dream world penalty stack the more times you sleep a survivor the harder it is for them to wake up to a totally of 3 time and make the penalty go from 1 sleep=50% then 2 sleeps=60% and 3 sleeps=70% and each time the survivor fails a skill check it take them out of one stack of dream world but to counter the fact that you sleep one survivor a multiple of three times you have to wait double or triple the amount of time you sleep them for. As a example you sleep a meg twice and then she starts to run away you would have to wait 7 seconds to hit her or if you got all three stacks on her you would have to wait 10.5 seconds to hit her and the wake up action would only remove 2 stacks of the dream transition if you had one person to wake you up the more people wake you the faster and more stacks are removed from the survivor that is woke up. Now for perks that wake you up adrenaline would wake a survivor up and remove all the stacks but the survivor will not get a free sprint if said survivor has all three stacks of sleep. On the change to self care that the devs are thinking about doing is something that I would keep because even in the newer movie pain did not get someone out of freddy's dream world and that ended in the character in the movie dying and for those who like freddy because of his aura reading or hate him because of his aura reading I give something to both of you at 1 sleep no aura reading, at 2 the same aura reading he has now, but at 3 sleeps limitless aura reading as in no matter where you are freddy will know where you are even if your in his terror radius.
    2. Make freddy Doctor 2.0 meaning if your in his terror radius you able to be hurt by freddy and his debuffs still apply when in his terror radius but when out of his terror radius no debuffs are applied to you and also the longer your in freddy's tr the stronger the debuff for the survivor gets, it stars at 50% then goes to 60% and maxes at 70% also the longer the survivor is out of the tr of freddy after being in his tr the debuff will go away.
    Just a quick note I'm open to feedback

• Timebomb0800Timebomb0800 Member Posts: 80

@Master said:

@mintchapstick said:
    Given that he's invisible, #2 would be pretty OP.

Not really, you can hear him
    Even if both #1 and #2 got implemented, he would still be way below nurse level. He would leave the trash-tier and become a mediocre killer next to the other ones waiting for a buff

Would be OP with the ultra rare paint brush addon and level 3 monitor and abuse (would literally have no terror radius) because he would be able to pull every survivor off gens insta downing/grabbing them because they'd have no idea he was right on top of them

• ClementineS4ClementineS4 Member Posts: 17

2 is totally broken but tbh I’m a survivor main and I can’t help but notice that Freddy can’t seem to catch a break from trolling survivors that are way out of his skill set, if they want to buff him to make him better they should at least remove his huge lunge then.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

2 is totally broken but tbh I’m a survivor main and I can’t help but notice that Freddy can’t seem to catch a break from trolling survivors that are way out of his skill set, if they want to buff him to make him better they should at least remove his huge lunge then.

His normal lunge? Lol
  • AshAsh Member Posts: 15

The devs said themselves all lunges are the same due to a character being smaller and if the wasn't true and he did have a lunge wouldn't it be because he has the smallest weapon in the game with the doctor having the biggest with a long baton
  • George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited August 2018
    I disagree with most of what is suggested here. If I could pick one and only one buff for Freddy, it would be enhancing his vision. He's practically unable to see beyond 15-20 meters, and if survs got the funny idea to thicken the Mist, he is pretty much completely effin blind.
    He's never gonna be a top tier killer nor do I think he should be, but he offers a very unique game style, much different from other killers. I relish the diversity of DbD; it would be nice to make him at least somewhat viable.

EDIT: I just found a suggestion which would be sweet too: INCREASE skill check success zones greatly (an effect possibly modifiable with addons). That would be a necessary but not unbalancing change - survivors would still have a chance to wake up on their own, but not "for free".
    Post edited by George_Soros on
  • TiktaiTiktai Member Posts: 8
    I think a small Freddy buff that could help is like how shock works for doctor, not the AOE part but the action interrupting part. Shorten transition time but add a delay till sleep has an effect so that you have to skillfully time a sleep to interrupt a survivor action while still instigating a transition into sleep.
  • JusticarJusticar Member Posts: 319

I've always liked the idea of making it so that the lullaby itself is what pulls you into the dreamworld. So essentially if you're within his terror radius for more than 5 seconds, you get pulled in. They'd then need to do something else for his M2 ability, however.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

They said all the buffs he needs is too big for one update :/so it probably isnt happening soon and if it did survivors are just gonna review bomb the game and harass the devs again so well.....it will never happen :)

• JammyJewelsJammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    Global said:

They said all the buffs he needs is too big for one update :/so it probably isnt happening soon and if it did survivors are just gonna review bomb the game and harass the devs again so well.....it will never happen :)

Such is the nature of the community. The community can be almost as bloodthirsty as the in-game killers. I feel sorry for the Devs though. They receive backlash for almost anything that can be seen as a nerf or something negative. Instead of learning how to counteract a Killer's strengths some survivors just expect to use DS and a flashlight as a way to carry them to victory.
  • kiroblakakiroblaka Member Posts: 9

yall preaching to the choir'

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,687

@George_Soros said:
    I disagree with most of what is suggested here. If I could pick one and only one buff for Freddy, it would be enhancing his vision. He's practically unable to see beyond 15-20 meters, and if survs got the funny idea to thicken the Mist, he is pretty much completely effin blind.
    He's never gonna be a top tier killer nor do I think he should be, but he offers a very unique game style, much different from other killers. I relish the diversity of DbD; it would be nice to make him at least somewhat viable.

EDIT: I just found a suggestion which would be sweet too: INCREASE skill check success zones greatly (an effect possibly modifiable with addons). That would be a necessary but not unbalancing change - survivors would still have a chance to wake up on their own, but not "for free".

What would increased skill check success zones change? Survivors spam space in order to wake up.