Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

No Contact Between Devs and Players

I miss when we used to have DBD mods on our friends list, able to send major issues to them and have it fixed right then and there. I understand the in-game report system is supposed to make things easier, but it just slows things down to me and takes away from the one on one support that people like. People want to feel heard, and that's just not the case here. It used to be, but not anymore. I'll give two examples from the past; I was playing with a streamer and we had someone who was hacking in the match. I reported them with a mod I have on my friends list and showed them the proof, the guy was banned in maybe five minutes. Take how it is now and this person can be playing for the rest of the night, still cheating, and still ruining games. Another case is one I just had, two people were beyond normal toxic in chat, and I'm using the new report system. Can't talk to anyone, just get sent to the bot report system, they aren't banned, I don't have the feeling that anything has been or will be done about them, and now I expect them to continue being toxic all night. How is this better? It's also not a case of money because I'd be a mod for free, to keep the game from being toxic, to keep cheaters out, I'd gladly help. And yet, instead we have a system where our voices aren't heard. Same goes with bug reports, right now there are multiple bugs with the game that I've reported myself more than once, some of them haven't been acknowledged at all, most of them are still in the game. How is that anything close to listening to the players? I don't understand why a game development team would close themselves off from issues with their game, that's how games start to die. There's a whole discord full of veterans that could help, and instead you don't have any contact with people. I see this as a problem, and I'd love to hear back on this post, even just to say why things have changed to what appears to be worse than they were before.

Comments

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @se05239 said:
    The developers have shown that they care quite little of what their player-base says.
    Old classic examples were the flashlights which only got nerfed AFTER Matheiu was humiliated by an Asian group of players during an event. Before that, it was basically a "git gud" attitude he had regarding the issue when players complained.
    Then there's the infinites, which also was treated with a "git gud" mentality..
    ..and then there's Matheiu telling us to "play another game if we don't like it" and "play nurse or hillbilly if you wanna win"..

    I mean.. like.. the latest one was during the last PTB where Mathieu told us that they took our survey feedback with "a huge grain of salt" and all of the feedback we had given was thrown in the trash can.

    The developers don't care about anything other than you purchasing the DLCs and Cosmetics through their Store.

    Some day you'll stop spouting such baloney when you know the exact opposite is true just because your heavily biased.

  • RepliCantRepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

    Yeah, I'm still waiting on a simple response for a question from them and yet it's been well over a week.

    Their communication is not only half-assed (Soon, TM) but it's not even there anymore.

  • se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

    @powerbats said:

    @se05239 said:
    The developers have shown that they care quite little of what their player-base says.
    Old classic examples were the flashlights which only got nerfed AFTER Matheiu was humiliated by an Asian group of players during an event. Before that, it was basically a "git gud" attitude he had regarding the issue when players complained.
    Then there's the infinites, which also was treated with a "git gud" mentality..
    ..and then there's Matheiu telling us to "play another game if we don't like it" and "play nurse or hillbilly if you wanna win"..

    I mean.. like.. the latest one was during the last PTB where Mathieu told us that they took our survey feedback with "a huge grain of salt" and all of the feedback we had given was thrown in the trash can.

    The developers don't care about anything other than you purchasing the DLCs and Cosmetics through their Store.

    Some day you'll stop spouting such baloney when you know the exact opposite is true just because your heavily biased.

    The opposite is true? Care to provide examples?

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

    @powerbats said:

    @se05239 said:
    The developers have shown that they care quite little of what their player-base says.
    Old classic examples were the flashlights which only got nerfed AFTER Matheiu was humiliated by an Asian group of players during an event. Before that, it was basically a "git gud" attitude he had regarding the issue when players complained.
    Then there's the infinites, which also was treated with a "git gud" mentality..
    ..and then there's Matheiu telling us to "play another game if we don't like it" and "play nurse or hillbilly if you wanna win"..

    I mean.. like.. the latest one was during the last PTB where Mathieu told us that they took our survey feedback with "a huge grain of salt" and all of the feedback we had given was thrown in the trash can.

    The developers don't care about anything other than you purchasing the DLCs and Cosmetics through their Store.

    Some day you'll stop spouting such baloney when you know the exact opposite is true just because your heavily biased.

    Its sad, but he has a point

  • bloxebloxe Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2018
    They see and answer things that feels nice. We have been talking about the problem that is SWF for more than two weeks in this subforum and they haven't spoken a single word about it.
    Post edited by bloxe on
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @bloxe said:
    They see and answer things that feels nice. We have been talking about the problem that is SWF for more than two weeks in this subforum and they haven't spoken a single word about it.

    Because they've responded in countless threads for over 2 years now and SWF isn't going anywhere and people need to accept that fact. They've also said in countless threads that they want to buff up solo players to the level of swf information wise and then buff killers to that level.

    Just because they don't respond to each and every single thread and comment doesn't mean they're not responding and given the aotch was coming out they were busy.

  • bloxebloxe Member Posts: 81
    powerbats said:

    @bloxe said:
    They see and answer things that feels nice. We have been talking about the problem that is SWF for more than two weeks in this subforum and they haven't spoken a single word about it.

    Because they've responded in countless threads for over 2 years now and SWF isn't going anywhere and people need to accept that fact. They've also said in countless threads that they want to buff up solo players to the level of swf information wise and then buff killers to that level.

    Just because they don't respond to each and every single thread and comment doesn't mean they're not responding and given the aotch was coming out they were busy.

    Link?
  • RuneStarrRuneStarr Member Posts: 850

    I'd prefer they're busy working on the game rather than be at the beck and call of any player who wants to message them instead of using the report feature that the ACMs are handling.

    With how many people play this between PC and Console, if they responded to every comment/question (especially all the repeat ones) there would be no time left to actually work on the game :lol:

  • LodosslightLodosslight Member Posts: 65

    @bloxe said:
    powerbats said:

    @bloxe said:

    They see and answer things that feels nice. We have been talking about the problem that is SWF for more than two weeks in this subforum and they haven't spoken a single word about it.

    Because they've responded in countless threads for over 2 years now and SWF isn't going anywhere and people need to accept that fact. They've also said in countless threads that they want to buff up solo players to the level of swf information wise and then buff killers to that level.

    Just because they don't respond to each and every single thread and comment doesn't mean they're not responding and given the aotch was coming out they were busy.

    Link?

    You have the time to read the comments, use your personal needs to live, so take the time look for that information yourself, since you're capable to seek out answers for yourself.

  • Lyro92Lyro92 Member Posts: 104

    They have a full team, a good portion is specifically for the community, yet we hear very little from them. They answer on posts about who the most fashion killer would be, and not on issues that are game breaking. I have a post that I just made about sloppy butcher being a game breaking perk because it is bugged and either needs to be fixed or removed till it's fixed, got no response. I've made multiple reports about how pallets are bugged and can allow survivors to vault and run through killers and prevent the killer from being able to hit them, no response. They don't listen to us. You gave examples of things that they did, but they did those things because either they wanted to, or because there was such a backlash from the community that they had to. TydeTyme tried for months to get with them to fix core issues and got no where, I've tried to give countless bug reports that are ignored, all of which I have video proof to show what was happening and why. That's my point. Another example was you remember how they made a big fuss about threats, and how even if you were joking it wouldn't matter you'd be banned. Well I had one, reported it to the mods who each one agreed that it was way out of line and passed it to NotQueen, and she ignored it, the guy never got banned. Even though all mods agreed with me, she just didn't care. And even if this wasn't the case, lets say you're right and they do listen and that's what is making the changes. They still aren't communicating with the players. If someone says hey this is broken and here's the proof, someone should say something to acknowledge they've seen the problem and are working on it. I've watched plenty of the dev blogs, they go around issues that the players really care about, and ignore most of the feedback given to them. How is that a healthy communication between devs and players? When you have players and streamers that have been here for a long time lose hope on the game because their voices have been ignored, that's not right. That's the problem, and it used to not be this way. Back when I first started playing this game the developers did listen, I had mods that would comment on bug reports, mods on my friends list that would take player reports, take them seriously, and ban the people right away (with proof). Now you have people not even being banned for absolute rule breaking. Do you really think that's good for the game?

  • MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,338

    With regard to the Bug Reports, all of them are read - I read them myself. Sadly I don't have time to comment on every single bug report thread, there's just not enough hours in the day for me. But no bug report is ignored - I pass what information is needed to be passed on and if I require more information on a specific bug I put a pinned thread up asking for whatever is needed.

    No mod takes personal reports anymore, the report system is in place so we can be assured that the right people are getting warned/banned. ALL reports are taken seriously and people are banned (either temporary or permanently) if it is warranted - and if there is enough proof sent into Support and if the End Game Report has been completed.

  • BeanieEnthusiastBeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Literally all the devs care about is pumping out DLC and cosmetics so people waste their money on them. They couldn’t give two greater shits about the community. The streams and blogs answer/do NOTHING. 
  • Lyro92Lyro92 Member Posts: 104

    @MandyTalk So all the bug reports that I've made that has had no mention of them at all weren't important enough to do anything about? No mention in dev blogs, in patch notes, nothing. Also one has been in the game since day 1, and no mention of it after countless posts.

    As far as bans, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Not_Queen herself say anyone who gave a real life threat, even if they were joking were going to be banned? Funny how all the mods I talked to agreed that it was way out of line, yet that person didn't get banned. I have two more who were using very foul language in a game, they didn't get any kind of ban either. The ONLY time that bans were actually done from what I've reported was back when the mods actually took reports. Now I don't see anyone who gets reported actually being banned. Funny how that works.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Lyro92 said:
    @MandyTalk So all the bug reports that I've made that has had no mention of them at all weren't important enough to do anything about? No mention in dev blogs, in patch notes, nothing. Also one has been in the game since day 1, and no mention of it after countless posts.

    As far as bans, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Not_Queen herself say anyone who gave a real life threat, even if they were joking were going to be banned? Funny how all the mods I talked to agreed that it was way out of line, yet that person didn't get banned. I have two more who were using very foul language in a game, they didn't get any kind of ban either. The ONLY time that bans were actually done from what I've reported was back when the mods actually took reports. Now I don't see anyone who gets reported actually being banned. Funny how that works.

    So because they didn't respond to you personally means they weren't important enough to do anything about? This is what's known as entitlement and the fact you feel entitled to a response says it all even after a mod told you why they don't respond toe very thread and comment.

    How do you know that person didn't get banned, are you stalking them, are they on console and thus can't be banned unless Sony/Microsoft allow it until the ban system is in place? Also how do you know those people didn't get banned, if they're you're friends why are you not putting a stop to it?

    If you're not putting a stop to it why are you either still playing with them or friends with them when you can put your foot down and show some leadership. If you're allowing it to continue then you're just as guilty as they are by enabling it to continue.

    Just because you don't get a warm and fuzzy message saying x person has been banned doesn't mean they haven't been banned. That's like calling 911 for a drunk driver then saying the cops didn't do anything because you didn't see them do it.

  • Lyro92Lyro92 Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2018

    First off, not talking to you so chill with the accusations.
    I didn't say they had to respond to me personally, however when I post many different bug reports and a lot of them don't get any kind of response, on top of them never being mentioned in any kind of post from DBD, be in blogs, patch notes, or fixed. That's when I said they are being ignored.

    I have video proof of everyone I report including their steam urls that take me directly to their profiles, even if they change their names, all of which are linked in the video which is sent with every report. How I know they never got banned was steam has this weird thing, it's a red text that says game ban on their profiles. It's very helpful in finding out when someone gets banned or not. And all I have to do is go back to my ban report and have a direct link to find out if they've been banned, even if their profile is private. This isn't my first time. This also means they are not my friends or I would have stopped it, so that answers most of your other rambling.

    Any more questions, or you going to leave it to the Mods/Devs that this post is mainly focused towards. The original post is about the lack of communication, how things are going into an automatic state and cutting off the ties between the developers and the players. This shouldn't be the case, every mod should be able to take a report (And with plenty of evidence) do what is needed.

    Edit:
    Also as you mentioned, showing leadership to have the wrong doings stopped. This is why I report people who break the rules and are a toxic part of the community. The reason I'm here at all is to keep people like that out of the game and have a nice game that everyone can enjoy instead of dealing with those that would rather ruin the game.

Sign In or Register to comment.