Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is every single patch so survivor sided?

Comments

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,678

Cry about it? Idk?

• FrostySealFrostySeal Member Posts: 506
    edited September 2021

Boon totems aren't going to negate hexes at all. Some of them are very powerful but guess what? This is a PTB meaning that there's the chance for improvements to be made when it actually comes out.

Addressing gen speed is not as easy as you think it is, every singe Killer has a different power meaning that a change that affects all of them is going to affect them very differently. Changing gen speed would be a massive undertaking that would require months of balancing and fine tuning just to make it so Killers like Nurse won't be completely overpowered yet Killers like Trickster would still be affected by it in a good way.

Deathslinger got nerfed because he could repeatedly spam his M2 without any consequences. It was deserved, however I still believe that he needs a big buff to his 1v4 if they're gonna nerf his 1v1 as that's all he has going for him. Spirit isn't gutted at all, just because survivors know where you are doesn't mean they're just magically not going to get hit, she's just not straight up unfair now. You can still use your phase around loops to hit survivors, despite them hearing you.

Plagues new brown addon isn't even that awful, it just heavily changes the way she plays. Are you going to just ignore her other good addon changes like the 10% vomit velocity addon? Trappers bag addon let's him start the match with 8 traps which is huge for him because that means he doesn't need to waste time going around the map picking up traps, so it only makes sense for it to have a big downside. Maybe it's too much but this is a PTB so it may get changed, and even if it doesn't get changed so what? He got a lot of other really good addon changes that really help him.

Pig's basekit wasn't touched but her addons got buffed really nicely, some of which make her dash much more viable. Just because Legion wasn't touched in this update doesn't mean he won't be changed down the line.

Hatch and key are still a thing but they've been heavily toned down to the point where they aren't a problem anymore. They only work if one person is in the trial meaning that at that point you've either already won or lost badly.

Pop being 45 seconds really doesn't affect it at all, I still use it on many of my Killers like Nemesis and Pinhead and I always have time for a pop. DS being 60 seconds really isnt that bad, and yeah sure it doesn't go away after you hook someone but that doesn't matter because it goes away as soon as you do anything productive meaning if you get DS'd after you hook someone that means they weren't doing anything good for a long time.

Your cherrypicking extremely hard dude. Atleast acknowledge all the other changes instead of only mentioning the ones that help your narrative.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

Was DBD balanced 5 years ago? Do you think all 4 survivors should escape every game?

• tyler_oxidetyler_oxide Member Posts: 12

I actually play survivor more than killer but I agree. How we are still getting perks like this Circle of Healing nonsense AFTER they released things like mettle of man?!!?!?!?! I'm in disbelief. They never learn.

What will happen to hit and run killers like Hag? Why bring more perks that benefit SWF more than solo players?! Release perks that assist solo players more!!!

• XratenXraten Member Posts: 1

I think no1 here saw the how powerful healing boon totem is. if there are 4 friends 3 of em can insta heal downed or injured survivor before killer can hit again.

• freckledmelonfreckledmelon Member Posts: 1

Is this a joke? The new BOON perks are actually more beneficial to solo queue. I can’t tell you how many times I just run around hurt the entire game bc no one wants to heal me or they are no where to be found. Having a perk where 1. I can find a teammate, and 2. Heal myself is so beneficial to solo queue health.

Please read the comprehend the patch notes fully before making biased claims. The game isn’t entirely geared to SWF. People who hard-spout SWF don’t even realize most “SWF” are groups of 2. Hardly do you actually run into a 4-man and if you do, it’s high high MMR.

I’ve had solo-q matches with all players solo and we’ve played like we were SWF. It’s nice bc it’s rare and survivors shouldn’t be punished for playing well and altruistically like the game is intended.

I main Huntress and Spirit and I am happy with all of the changes. Irregardless of some of the nerfs bc all it is is a change in gameplay. I’m convinced most killer mains who complain about survivors being OP literally just want their match wins handed to them w no thinking necessary. These types of people will only be satisfied until the killer can M1 one-hit down a survivor by default.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,051

I was talking before. And chances are they aren't going to go though with these perk in the ptb

• tyler_oxidetyler_oxide Member Posts: 12

Then run self-care sweetie. This obviously benefits coordinated SWF's MORE. I'm not saying it doesn't help solo play. I'm saying it helps SWF ----MORE---

• bobbybalboa1991bobbybalboa1991 Member Posts: 13

Im going to leave this post on this thought. In year 3, I quit this game for like a year and lost all my viewers on twitch because of it. If this game was fine the way it is: Why would I do it again? And lose everything ive worked for? because at least to me... This game is "bully the killer into submission and esacpe. "oh the killer killed you? dont worry, you will get better teammates next time" If I feel this strongly about something, that I would ruin something that I care about, I would say that gives me a voice.

• DragonJesterDragonJester Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2021

This is a stupid argument against this. Any build that let's you undo what the killer does in less time then it takes to do what should be their fastest and easiest thing should be classified as a problem. if there were perks that let you sabotage hooks faster then it took for a killer to pick someone up, would you be defending it just because someone dedicated a build towards it?

I swear to god there are some people in this community who will defend anything so long as it doesn't instantly end the game.

• OniHatesSWFOniHatesSWF Member Posts: 85

SWF: I quit. And they really did.

Killer: I quit. And they keep playing after 5 minutes.

So I think that's absolutely killers' fault :)

• XayrlenXayrlen Member Posts: 329

If broken and/or unbalanced killer/perk is fixed and becomes fair - it doesn't mean devs are sided with any party.

Just because you could spam aim and noscope with 0 penalty as deathslinger, it doesn't mean it was good or intended. As time has shown us that feature was extremely broken and gave no counterplay to survivor once cover is gone. And there will be no cover at some point, especially with that stupid bait-draw thingy forcing you to guess.

And if you are so tied to precious unbalanced variants of killers - maybe it is you who's bad, and not the devs.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 1,248

The problem is, the buffs are minimally effective. It doesn’t matter because the game is survivor sided. Neither Trapper nor Plague can handle a strong group.

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 928

to sell more cosmetics

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,274

Oh yeah cause game development and making balance has so much to do with making cosmetics. Can people shut the ######### up with the conspiracy’s! The cosmetics and balance team are different they don’t work on the same thing. Just because survivors get buffed doesn’t mean sales the truth is Slinger and Spirit was cheap as ######### and needed a nerf

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,533

They dont get any more "strong" perks because exhaustion perks, bt, ds, unbreakable all trump perks that are coming out

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,533

5 Years ago the game was incredibly survivor sided... now its still survivor sided but to a more fairer degree. Just please tell me if you aren't trolling... how is this game so killer sided when they intentionally got rid of double pallets, infinites, vacuum pallets to make the god role into a power role instead?

• UMCorianUMCorian Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2021

Also a killer main, but get some perspective dude.

Every minute of DBD that gets played, 80% of that is experienced from the Survivor side. Survivor side has to come first. It's far more punishing for them if killers have elements that are unfun to play against - so they'll always go after the killer side of the game bullishly and take great, great care before changing anything that makes it harder on Survivors.

I suspect the DS nerfs earlier this year were something the devs were having stress dreams about. They knew it had to be done, but the mental gymnastics they were using to leave DS as is was getting absurd. Like they literally argued themselves into a corner when they nerfed Pop for basically the same exact reason DS needed to be nerfed... and the community called them on it so hard.

Fortunately, they seem to have worked out OK.

• Freddy96Freddy96 Member Posts: 688

This patch is really healthy, so survivor sided that mother daughter ring, alchemist's and nurse range (+new very survivor sided extra blink) are still in the game.

As for the op super strong unconterable boon totems i guess you're quite new to the game because you seem to not know the former high quality bait called ash william with his very balanced MoM, those boon totems are gonna stay in the game 1 month till everyone buys the dlc, after that they will be overnerfed, become useless and forever forgotten.

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited September 2021

Survivors don't need anything. Seriously if after seeing this you still think it's not survivor sided, nothing can be done to save DbD.

And i'm mainly a survivor.

Imagine being a killer and facing a SWF of 4 survivors with 80% of Ayrun's skill... Ye every trial are impossible to win, even with tier S killers.

Interesting question as devs never really listen to the community : how many killers will be left after the release of the boon totems perks ?

edited September 2021

It's really funny how people complain on and on about why survivors use the same perks but then when strong perks come out for survivors it's complained about and is nerfed into the ground. It's so annoying.

We haven't gotten any new meta perks untill now. And chances are they are going to nerf thees perks too

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 1,248

No, survivor definitely doesn’t have to come first. I bought and paid for the game just like they did.

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854

When the game will not be survivor sided anymore, then BHVR can release new meta perks. Fact is that the game is unplayable properly for killers at high MMR.

It's not enjoyable, it's frustrating and totally unfair.

And yet, BHVR continue to give survivors way too strong perks in the current state of the game.

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,463

They need to remove SWF from Public Matches- then the game could be truly balanced.

This discussion has been closed.