Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Wraith exploit - patch now please

There’s an exploit where when Wraith puts on Sloppy Butcher, the blood will still continuously gush out of you after you’ve been fully healed, and your FPS will drop really low. (5 or 10 FPS)

A lot of Wraiths are exploiting this because they know the blood gives away hidden positions and will cause games to crash.

fix this now please. It’s annoying.

Comments

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    edited December 2018

The killer doesn't see this continual blood geyser... at least I haven't seen it in the trial when survivors brought it up afterwards. I get the same response when playing survivor and experiencing it and discussing it with the Wraith I was up against. Certainly not an "exploit." That being said, it is fairly annoying and needs dev attention.

• RotBbRotBb Member Posts: 396
    There’s an exploit where when Wraith puts on Sloppy Butcher, the blood will still continuously gush out of you after you’ve been fully healed, and your FPS will drop really low. (5 or 10 FPS)

A lot of Wraiths are exploiting this because they know the blood gives away hidden positions and will cause games to crash.

This is a problem with any killer using sloppy butcher. Wraith uses the perk more, which is why it’s more prominent 
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

You talking about this bug?
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/37090/bug-list-bugs-ive-encountered-thus-far#latest

Continuous Bleeding Bug

Wasn't aware it was happening with other killers, too. Could just be that the other killers I'm going up against aren't using Sloppy Butcher. I like to use it on Wraith along with NC to sneak up where they hang out at pallets and heal, then come around the tall wall and crack them before they can react and get the pallet down... gives that extra time for NC to pick them up when tracking.

Hope they fix it soon, though. It can be quite annoying.

• PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

The killer doesn't see this continual blood geyser... at least I haven't seen it in the trial when survivors brought it up afterwards. I get the same response when playing survivor and experiencing it and discussing it with the Wraith I was up against. Certainly not an "exploit." That being said, it is fairly annoying and needs dev attention.

@Keene_Kills It’s an exploit when they’re purposefully using it to their advantage knowing the bug is there. 

Frame rates dropping equals lag, lag that equals to unfair hits.

@PinkEricka said:
    @Keene_Kills It’s an exploit when they’re purposefully using it to their advantage knowing the bug is there. 

I've truly not had noticeable lag or frame rates dropping from it at all, and my rig is fairly outdated by today's standards. I get that some folks are saying it's lagging them, but I'm just not seeing it (not had anybody in my matches mention lagging whatsoever, either... just that it's annoying as all get out). And definitely haven't heard of it actually causing a total game crash. Are you on console, perhaps? The trend has been that even farting wrong while playing on console makes DBD lag and the other posts I've seen mentioning it elsewhere have all been regarding PS4. If so, I hope they patch the other 314 things that cause lag spikes on console soon. The patch was a buttered-up disaster in general and there's plenty in it that needs addressed across all platforms, especially regarding the "upgraded" base graphics.

• WaffleFalafelWaffleFalafel Member Posts: 383
    There's a lot of bugs with Wraith right now besides the Sloppy Butcher bug. For example, the Hallowed Blight cosmetic is fairly visible from a distance and there's that annoying weapon hit animation where it blocks most of your screen. Since he has all of these bugs, he's likely not going to get fixed until the mid chapter patch.

@PinkEricka said:

I've truly not had noticeable lag or frame rates dropping from it at all, and my rig is fairly outdated by today's standards. I get that some folks are saying it's lagging them, but I'm just not seeing it (not had anybody in my matches mention lagging whatsoever, either... just that it's annoying as all get out). And definitely haven't heard of it actually causing a total game crash. Are you on console, perhaps? The trend has been that even farting wrong while playing on console makes DBD lag and the other posts I've seen mentioning it elsewhere have all been regarding PS4. If so, I hope they patch the other 314 things that cause lag spikes on console soon. The patch was a buttered-up disaster in general and there's plenty in it that needs addressed across all platforms, especially regarding the "upgraded" base graphics.

@Kenne_Kills Yes, I am on PS4. The match starts out really smooth but then later on as the match progresses it starts to intensely lag.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Bugs are unlikely to be fixed before the new year, just FYI.

Have they told you they're purposefully abusing this? I'm just wondering.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 2,061
    edited December 2018

@PinkEricka said:
    Keene_Kills said:

Nobody is purposely using it to their advantage, the killer can't even see it happening. What you're asking for is for people to get punished for using a legitimate perk. Many killers (including myself) have been gimping themselves by avoiding the perk in case the glitch happens on the other end. We are met with many a teabag and flashlight click within the exit gates in what i assume is a way of saying thanks for being so courteous.

Orion said:

Bugs are unlikely to be fixed before the new year, just FYI.

Have they told you they're purposefully abusing this? I'm just wondering.

I came across a Wraith with Sloppy Butcher, it seems like it happens every time you get M1.

@Nickenzie said:
    I came across a Wraith with Sloppy Butcher, it seems like it happens every time you get M1.

And have they told you they're purposefully abusing this? That still doesn't answer the question.

Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

And have they told you they're purposefully abusing this? That still doesn't answer the question.

I wasn't trying to answer the question, I was just saying it happens everytime you get M1 by a Sloppy Butcher Wraith.

Geez man.
    edited December 2018

@Nickenzie said:
    I wasn't trying to answer the question, I was just saying it happens everytime you get M1 by a Sloppy Butcher Wraith.

Geez man.

Well, you did quote me, so it did kinda look like you were trying to answer the question.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@PinkEricka The devs are aware of the bug and it'll probably be fixed in the 1st week of new year or so since everyone is on vacation till then. While they're not technically in the office some of them are probably playing
    with the code at home to try and find a fix.

They probably have a fix but need to get back to the office to test it out more thoroughly before releasing it along with other major fixes like sound etc.

Now as far as an exploit this is like the Tinkerer II bug and if someone says that they're using it due to the bug specifically then that's possibly punishable.

From the official report post.

EXPLOITS: ABUSING BUGS OR ERRORS IN DESIGN TO GAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
    Advertising exploits
    Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL
    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

According to that if they knowingly abuse it then that's bannable and if they admit to doing it then report them and BHVR probably also is tracking who's naughty and who's nice. So if someone never ran SB before the bug but now runs it non stop it's pretty obvious why.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,525

i dont get why ou think they "exploid" this bug, as literally every killer runs sloppy butcher right now, so its not just "the wraith players abusing a bug".

however, i still hope they'll fix it, yet i dont think its visible to the killer, as i havent seen it before (as wraith)...

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

This "bug" only happened to me once so far i can remind and almost every killer in my matches had sloppy butcher. So it seems it's not that common.

• DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874

Pretty sure it is only a visual glitch on the survivor end, unless you have some killer gameplay featuring it to prove otherwise

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@PinkEricka said:
    Keene_Kills said:

Using a bugged perk is not an exploit.

I have occured this bug already too and my fps dropped a little bit, but I was still above 50

• BeanieEnthusiastBeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    It’s not a bug it was always meant to be part of the game. Wraith shadow buff confirmed! 
  • Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Or it could be that Sloppy Butcher is an incredibly useful perk for M1 killers without any map pressure. *thinking*
  • AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@PinkEricka said:
    Keene_Kills said:

bugs and exploits are not the same thing silly : P that's just saddening to try and even attempt.

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    PinkEricka said:

Keene_Kills said:

Or it could be that Sloppy Butcher is an incredibly useful perk for M1 killers without any map pressure. thinking

It's not like most killers have been using the perk even before the bug right? thinking as well

@PinkEricka said:
    Keene_Kills said:

bugs and exploits are not the same thing silly : P that's just saddening to try and even attempt.

@AlexAnarchy If you’re using the bug to your advantage then you’re exploiting it........
    edited December 2018

Or it could be that Sloppy Butcher is an incredibly useful perk for M1 killers without any map pressure. *thinking*
    @Tzeentchling9 yes.... the high FPS drop is map pressure...... note my sarcasm.
    Post edited by PinkEricka on

@PinkEricka said:
    @Tzeentchling9 yes.... the high FPS drop is map pressure......

Sloppy Butcher, if Survivor complaints are to be believed, was being used "all the time" before this patch. Why are you so convinced that everyone's using it due to this bug?

Master said:

@PinkEricka said:
    Keene_Kills said:

Using a bugged perk is not an exploit.

I have occured this bug already too and my fps dropped a little bit, but I was still above 50

@Master I’m on PS4, remember? Different systems so different FPS drop
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,581

Huh, i have been playing Wraith exclusively lately & i have been running Sloppy Butcher, hoping to slow them down a bit, since i do get a lot of hits in as him.
    But i haven't gotten a single complaint in endgame chat about it so far.

How recent is this? Did it start with the event?

• LodosslightLodosslight Member Posts: 65

I have not used the Wraith for a while and I main the Wraith. So, "All Wraith users are exploiting this" is invalid to me ;P

Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:
    @Tzeentchling9 yes.... the high FPS drop is map pressure......

Sloppy Butcher, if Survivor complaints are to be believed, was being used "all the time" before this patch. Why are you so convinced that everyone's using it due to this bug?

@Orion I never said “everyone”. I said a majority. I’ve went through a lot of Wraiths that run that perk and some of the people I’ve played with even admitted they run it on their killer just to lower their FPS and be an #########.

its not that common when you’re looking at the entire community as a whole, but it’s a bug that needs to be fixed