Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Weirdest salt you've ever gotten?

Comments

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

“If I wasn’t playing chill I’d ######### on you” from a Nurse running four slowdown perks, lol.

Also had a streamer throw a fit about “gen rushing” and when I watched his VOD back the match was like 10 minutes long.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,898

Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit. Lets you carry Survivors at a little under 110% movement speed, lets you attack with zero attack cooldown if you miss an attack while carrying someone, and pauses the wiggle timer briefly if the attack connects.

• LenoxLenox Member Posts: 234

I've had this happen before. Lolz. The killer called us cowards and whatnot.

• adirgeforthedeadadirgeforthedead Member Posts: 345

I often get the "sweaty SWFs" comment for getting competent teammates during SoloQ although I don't really run any meta perks. Amongst other things, I've been told I'm a coward for hiding because the Killer doesn't chase me when the Killer doesn't commit to me for whatever reason and I've been sandbagged constantly under the premise that I'm a bad teammate even if I generators, go to rescues and take hits/hooks for other players.

As for very bad experiences, I once had a full SWFs running old Object of Obsession and bringing a Mary's Letter offering say I'm trash for only getting a Kill... like the map doesn't handicap me enough I had to deal with them knowing exactly where I was all of the time. And, in a different occasion, I had someone insult me for using the Pride flag Charm and call me slurs on the chat after they were hooked in the basement during EGC and the Killer decided to camp.

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 456

Survivor went to my profile: "Damn you are so hot, its a shame you are a camper :("

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,016

Accused of being a hacker by a premade, I hooked a guy in the basement and checked one locker where the other remaining survivor was and hooked and 4K. I just checked the locker just in case and she was there, haha.

"You're hacker, how do you know he was in the locker".

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 838

I’ve had a killer call me trash for having borrowed time on… This was before the buff

• VoriisVoriis Member Posts: 124

I got accused of being a hacker by a streamer because they didnt understand blood warden and the Kruger addons, so I told them they lacked reading comprehension. Then I was accused of saying they were illiterate.....which seemed they wanted to play the victim card from the start.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

I always have the same story to tell every time this gets asked. It doesn't get old either. Long time ago when I played the game, someone was mad about me using my hammer instead of my chainsaw as Hillbilly, so he calls me a "M1 Billy" like that's some sort of insult against me. Survivors complain about the darndest things.

• GenJockeyNanceGenJockeyNance Member Posts: 581
    edited September 2021

I got salt with Clown once for dropping the survivor when the last popped so I could get Rancor value but before I could mori, they DC'd. The weirdest part of the salt was I got accused of teaming with the other survivor so I could mori them as if I dead stopped in the middle of the game to check on my steam if the other player was PC, message them and be like "Yo help me locate your teammate I want my Rancor value. Help me out homie pls" then went onward when in reality, I saw scratches and heard them doing bones.

Yeah.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

90% of the salt I see as a killer has been survivors yelling at each other, actually, not at me - I always feel I stumbled into a 'domestic situation'.

The other 10% is a pretty even mix of someone saying I camped despite it being a chased survivor who led me back to the hook, accusations of slugging (which are usually fair, especially if I'm accidentally chasing someone who got farmed), and people pissed at me for refusing to kill them when they offer themselves - I want my 11 hooks, I'm not going to kill off the weak link just because their friend on comms found hatch.

• MarcoPoloYoloMarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

I got called a filthy double add-on Pinhead user.

• DeadSlingerDeadSlinger Member Posts: 6

Survivors shamed me for using NoED.

Dumb survivors tried to shame me for using a perk in the game, LOL

• VaJayblesVaJaybles Member Posts: 594

YES! Chick invites me to a party (she was the killer) just keeps spamming me with invites, finally I join, she calls me toxic, I explain how I did nothing toxic and then just silence for a few seconds.... SHE PUT HER MOM ON THE MIC TO YELL AT ME XD WHO KNOWS NOTHING OF THE GAME!!! I've never ugly laughed so hard in my life

• luvcraftluvcraft Member Posts: 672
    edited September 2021

I just got a weird salt!

someone was really upset that I was playing Doctor on a PTB.... for a new survivor.

🤷

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,459

Legit someone said this to me.

"######### Spirit main. Go drink your own urine and tell me how it tastes because I've always been curious but not curious enough to do it myself."

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,585
    edited September 2021

Doctor before his rework - literally the first month of his release when you had to switch to "treatment mode" just to do the regular shock, and shock did not have the pacify effect it has now. It literally just caused screams and madness. I reasoned it's purpose was the check hiding spots since it went through walls. Thus, I used it to check hiding spots through objects.

After one 4k, I had this chucklenut ######### that "the only reason I beat him is I could easily find him with my lame shock power."

.... I kid you not

Um... dude... that's literally Doctor's thing at release. He sucked at the chase in exchange for the ability to find anybody at any time. He literally deletes stealth from the game as compensation for his at release garbage chase ability......

I swear... some people

• SirGandoSirGando Member Posts: 374

i get salt almost every match for stuff that didnt even happen. Just yesterday i had a surv insult me and complain for camping even though i tried my best to avoid it in that match. they even escaped. anything generates salt so i didnt even remember the weirdest salt i recieved.

• DatFastBoiDatFastBoi Member Posts: 436

A French comp player in a SWF telling me Alchemist Ring is op while running 2BNP and 2 ranger medkits. Also running 4DS, 4DH, Prove Thyself and a map offering. Pretty sure they complained because I won ngl, a terrible 900 hours blight against a 9k hours per players SWF comp team

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Someone spent an entire week sending me the N-Word every single day after a match one letter at a time.

• Eve13Eve13 Member Posts: 376

RPD Map: (I think it was my first or second round on the new map).

In the first seconds he saws down 2 Lauries. Hooks both of them. One I can save, the other is brought down by Mate 4. 

Bubba claps down two people at the same time again a little later - and so on. He didn't even get me and in the end I could escape through one of the exits - all the others were dead. They didn't split up, they were always all in one pile. In the end Bubba patrolled between the last two hooks, thanks to Kindred I saw that, otherwise I would have run into the saw too. 

Bubba wishes GG at the end and then it starts: Why they didn't kill Elodie! She is a useless BOT. Uses WGLF and doesn't save and doesn't take protection hits (had 4 stacks at the end of the round). I think I was called a BOT about 20 times. 

I so rarely play on PC but when I do the chat is always an experience. There I praise myself my PS4. XDD

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 871

Had a game with 3 torches and a key. They complained about slugging.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Okay, just happened today. Had someone complained that I didn't give them hatch when they had a key... I already 3k-ed them and they were free to leave through the exit gate anyway but I was standing on the hatch because they last second switched to it.

• pithstspithsts Applicant Posts: 31

dont have any screenshots but this guy on xbox messaged me "u ares berry bad" i still have no idea if he was being ironic with the message

• ClowningClowning Member Posts: 886
    edited September 2021

Just had another great one.

And just as I posted I got this notification on Steam. Beautiful.

For the record, it was a regular Ghost Face game. You know how it goes, you sneak up on the first Survivor, mark them, down then, they ragequit and then you do your best to 2 hook everyone before you start killing them, so there's at least some bloodpoints to go around.

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 838

The amount of times I've been insulted for using Lightborn and/or Agitation + Iron Grasp...

Usually when I say "would you prefer Ruin + Undying" they stop complaining but not always

• FellowKillerMainFellowKillerMain Member Posts: 727

After a match I 4k'd, I received a message on PSN: "STFU you're not good." I hadn't said anything to this person.

It's pretty common to get people messaging me afterwards to insult me for winning, but that one was weird to me. It's like the person already had a conversation in their head with me, and they'd had enough!

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,196

A streamer rage quit and said I wasnt skillful because I downed him as doctor without using any power...

Apparently doctor takes no skill in his eyes, but I was confused because most killers have a basic 115% m1 lol

• Harold_ShipmanHarold_Shipman Member Posts: 700

got a "gg ez no bbq stack for you" (last survivor died in end game collapse) and a load of ######### for running "OP" scratched mirror on myers. On cold wind farm. Apparently its the best map for it? I just couldn't comprehend it.