Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Hitting a survivor when they drop the pallet but don't get injured

I don't have video proof of this but on ps5 has anyone playing killer hit a survivor while they're dropping a pallet. Hearing the audio that they got injured but don't get injured. This has happened to me multiple times.

Comments

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 1,528

Yeah it happens a lot and I don't respect pallets.

I used to think aww but now I expect it. I downed someone last time and didn't realise as I was expecting them to just run off as usual.

• ThePoliceThePolice Member Posts: 634

I had someone speared as deathslinger and swung through the pallet and they survivor instantly dropped the pallet

• 5.1.0 feature = grab and pallets validation.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 4,416

To get the hit, I need to be facing the greediest survivors with the slowest reaction times that are for whatever reason committing to camping a pallet. It has only happened 3 times for me with m1.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,943

It's terrible that this is not classed as a bug. It NEEDS to be classed as a bug. Seeing and hearing a survivor with a much worse ping get hit but not getting injured just doesn't make sense.

• GylfieGylfie Member Posts: 365

This has only happened twice to me so far. It's a bit confusing with the audio playing but other than that, I'm okay with the game deciding I didn't actually get the hit.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 807

Playing just a little bit of killer with the new hit validation, you'll learn very quick which hits go through and which get "validated away", to the point that you can pretty much predict whether your hit attempt likely gets validated or not. So whenever I try a rather late hit through a pallet, I tend to expect to get validated, and will be pleseantly surprised if I actually hit the survivor. It's really just a matter of practice.

• EvilBarney666EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 137

It's terrible. I have had numerous games in a row that this happens. It really robs the killer. Also, they have yet to fix grabs. There was a guy unhooking I caught up to him and initiated the grab. It showed the grab animation then he was unharmed and still got the unhook.

Of course no survivors are going to complain its a free escape.