Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Legion Rework (oh wow another legion post omg such variety)

This is one of the ways I imagine the Legion's power, Feral Frenzy, could be updated to be a lethal chase tool, in-addition to the fun chain-hit gameplay we come to expect.

The goal here is to allow for chase potential, and counterplay. I had to cut some things out of Feral Frenzy for this to theoretically even be possible, and re-evaluated every single Feral Frenzy add-on.

Most of the add-ons have been adjusted to account for the the changes made to Feral Frenzy, or given completely new effects.

THE LEGION

• The Legion’s base movement speed is 4.4 m/s (5.2 m/s & 6 m/s during Feral Frenzy).
  • The Legion’s base terror radius is 24 meters (32 meters during Feral Frenzy).

FERAL FRENZY

• The Legion may not vault pallets during Feral Frenzy, however may break them.
  • The Legion may see the blood pools of injured Survivors during Feral Frenzy.
  • Feral Frenzy begins to replenish at the start of the fatigue state.
  • Feral Frenzy’s movement speed is increased to 6 m/s after applying Deep Wound.
  • The depletion of Feral Frenzy pauses while performing the break, damage and search interactions.
  • During Feral Frenzy’s attack cool-down the Legion’s movement speed is set to 4.4 m/s.
  • Feral Frenzy’s fatigue state is 3 seconds and a missed Feral Frenzy attack prompts a 4 second fatigue state.
  • Deep Wound may be reduced by 10 seconds via Feral Frenzy attacks.

FRIENDSHIP BRACELET

• Feral Frenzy attacks do not replenish the power gauge.
  • Grants 100% Bonus Bloodpoints for Deep Cut Score Events.

SMILEY FACE PIN

• Hitting a Survivor in Feral Frenzy highlighted by Killer Instinct inflicts Blindness for 60 seconds.

SCRATCHED RULER

• Feral Frenzy recharge time is reduced by 2 seconds.

MISCHIEF LIST

• Feral Frenzy duration is increased by 0.5 seconds.

NEVER-SLEEP PILLS

• Distance traveled while vaulting in Feral Frenzy is increased by 1 meter.

JULIE’S MIX TAPE

• When a Deep Wound affected Survivor is repairing or healing under the effects of Deep Wound they are inflicted with Oblivious.
  • The Oblivious status effect persists for 2 seconds after a Survivor ends the interaction.

ETCHED RULER

• Feral Frenzy recharge time is reduced by 3 seconds.

MURAL SKETCH

• Feral Frenzy duration is increased by 1 second.

DEFACED SMILEY PIN

• Hitting a Survivor in Feral Frenzy highlighted by Killer Instinct inflicts Mangled.

SUSIE’S MIX TAPE

• The Legion’s terror radius is increased by 4 meters during Feral Frenzy.
  • The Legion’s terror radius is reduced by 4 meters when not in Feral Frenzy.

JOEY’S MIX TAPE

• Feral Frenzy’s maximum movement speed is increased by 0.2 m/s for every successful Chain-Hit.

STOLEN SKETCH BOOK

• Feral Frenzy duration is increased by 1.5 seconds.

THE LEGION PIN

• Hitting a Survivor in Feral Frenzy highlighted by Killer Instinct inflicts Broken for 60 seconds.

FILTHY  BLADE

• Increases Survivor Mend time by 1.5 seconds.

STAB WOUNDS STUDY

• The Legion’s Feral Frenzy attack cool-down is reduced by 33%.
  • Feral Frenzy’s maximum movement speed is reduced by 0.4 m/s.

FRANK’S MIX TAPE

• Feral Frenzy attacks made upon Deep Wound affected Survivors will cause them to drop their items.

COLD DIRT

• Hitting a Survivor with Deep Wound during Feral Frenzy grants the Undetectable status effect for 12 seconds.

NASTY BLADE

• Increases Survivor Mend time by 2.5 seconds.

IRIDESCENT BUTTON

• The Legion can vault pallets during Feral Frenzy.
  • Deep Wound attack damage is reduced to 5 seconds.

FUMING MIX TAPE

• Downing a Survivor in Feral Frenzy causes all Survivors within the Legion’s terror radius to scream.

Thanks for reading <3

@Almo in-case you wanted to check it out 👀

Comments

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,233
    edited October 2021

So remove legions ability to be an m1 killer and just make him back to you have a 40 second timer before you die or less with addons (30 seconds with addons)

that doesn't sound very fun I never played against old legion but I don't want it back anytime soon

legion while bad is fine if he got buffs instead of just being made into old legion again

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,731

Deep Wound is still 20 seconds and there are no add-ons to reduce Deep Wound more, or faster + Pallets can't be vaulted. Just wanted to make sure that is clear so we're both understanding what's going on.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,233

yea and you wrote deep wound may be reduced by 10 seconds with feral frenzy attacks, and looking back on the math that means legion can hit someone then reduce it by 10 seconds then wait 15 seconds with addons then down them all that would happen is legion hits someone forces a pallet drop because the survivor only gains 3.6 meters on them because of the new fatigue movement speed and then the survivor is just downed pretty much free by their power again in almost every situation, not fun

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,731
    edited October 2021

The new movement speed only takes effect after you hit someone in Feral Frenzy (for chain-attacks only). You would be at 5.2 m/s if you're trying to go back after the same person.

Edit: not sure what you mean by "fatigue movement speed". There is no change to the Legion's fatigue movement speed.

• ReverseVelocityReverseVelocity Member Posts: 1,078

I'm really not sure how I feel about this.

Taking away Legion's ability to vault pallets would

1) Make them way less fun (come on, vaulting over pallets and stabbing people is the most fun part of their kit, I'd cry if it was removed)

2) Make it way harder (or at least more clunky) to chain Frenzy hits in general, since you'd lose quite a bit of distance when breaking a pallet

I'm assuming the recharge or duration time would be the same, since it isn't listed under the changes. Wouldn't this just turn chases into waiting for Frenzy to recharge and zoning survivors towards a window for an instant down? At least Old Legion was fun for the killer, since they could just stab people over and over again without too much of a cooldown. Staring at a cooldown bar for 20 seconds isn't really my idea of fun, personally.

Also, if I'm reading this correctly, isn't the iridescent button just current Frank's Mix Tape (but on a 4.4m/s killer)? I know we're both Frank's Mix Tape appreciators but that means we also both know that addon is terrible, it doesn't need to be an ultra rare. That's like Waterlogged Shoe-tier kinda stuff.

I ultimately think that this rework idea would make Legion way less fun (to play as and against), while also probably making them worse.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited October 2021

Yeah, not fan here. It would make it harder to down survivors with M1 you would usually go for mending downs, which is just boring.

And you can't vault pallets, so even more boring as a killer.

I will fix it for you:

QoL changes:

• The Legion may see the blood pools of injured Survivors during Feral Frenzy.
    • Feral Frenzy begins to replenish at the start of the fatigue state.
    • The depletion of Feral Frenzy pauses while performing the break, damage and search interactions.

Buffs:

• Feral Frenzy’s movement speed is increased to 6 m/s after applying Deep Wound.
    • Feral Frenzy’s fatigue state is 3 seconds and a missed Feral Frenzy attack prompts a 4 second fatigue state.

Do this and I am happy Legion main.

• Guest1567432Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Nice ideas all around...too bad they will be ignored as always.

• NoxeriasNoxerias Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2021

They could make legion a combo killer, like whenever you hit a survivor with feral frenzy, each hit builds up a combo meter. When you have four hits from feral frenzy (meaning deep wounds has been applied 4 times) the next time you hit with feral frenzy (5th hit) that survivor will go down instantly and the meter resets.

To balance this out, if the combo meter is full and Legion misses the frenzy attack, the meter resets. When the meter is full survivors will get a notification letting them know that Legion has an instant down (like plague when they have corrupt purge).

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

Your idea solves none of the Legion problems and only changes way he is going to play.

Legion problems currently are:

• His current and biggest problems is he literally has nothing to end chase so a decent survivors can loop or hold W like forever and if other killer can easily catch up or shoot (ranged) survivor down in like 10 sec, Legion is helpless here.
    • Fatigue. 4 Sec is insanely long. Not a single other killer stuns himself instead of ending chase and it allows survivor to get a fair distance with potential to run away. Imho it should be somewhere around 2sec without addons and with addons even faster.
    • Deep Wound is weak. While some can say it gives u time, and i agree with it, but it takes like 5sec or close to heal it. And if u pay attention when u move for another target 1st is already healed. So u hope to stab 2nd survivor and not end up with loose/loose situation.
    • Most of his addons are useless.
  • landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

So you nerfed legion