Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why have I got so bad?

PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

As survivor I've got worse then I used to be. I used to be the type of survivor to put up a 2-3 gen chase and do well but ever since I've started playing killer, I've done much worse in my survivor games and I don't play as well as I used to. I die to mindgames, fail to juke a killer correctly (except the window juke I'm still good at that) and I've started to do so bad on the newer maps with finding pallets and window loops. Can someone give advice for me to git gud. Or should I just start running windows of oppurtunity and learn the pallet locations? I still put up a 40 second chase but I do much worse nowadays :3.

Comments

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,687
    Maybe your subconscious is trying to avoid that you let others suffer from that playstyle you started to hate as killer. 
  • popolespopoles Member Posts: 824
    You are just out of practice.
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018
    Record your matches and see what you fail at. But honestly, giving to the killer a 3 gens run nowadays means that killer is simply bad (and of course you should be good as well). Some time ago i gave a 5 gens run because the killer refused to break the pallet.
  • BeanieEnthusiastBeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    You have off days. 
  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Tsulan said:
    Maybe your subconscious is trying to avoid that you let others suffer from that playstyle you started to hate as killer. 

It's that and this

@Vietfox said:
    Record your matches and see what you fail at. But honestly, giving to the killer a 3 gens run nowadays means that killer is simply bad (and of course you should be good as well). Some time ago i gave a 5 gens run because the killer refused to break the pallet.

I think.

So It's because the killers I'm facing are much better then the old ones and that I don't have the same old crutches I used to have? Right now I run Sprint Burst, Iron will, Self care and Urban evasion. So I haven't got worse? I've just changed my style and I try not to make others suffer. Thanks guys. Btw @Vietfox I know all I suffer in is, Mindgames at T and L walls (when they keep backing up and then u eventually run into them) and Legion/Hag. Thanks a lot guys. Thanks for responding btw @popoles and @BeanieEnthusiast

• redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Lol I never got why people don't trap the ends of a dropped pallet after downing or losing the chase as they run over and get smacked by the hag same with trapper tarp dropped pallets and they waste time to free there loops or end up in a trap
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018

@Poweas said:

@Vietfox said:

I think.

So It's because the killers I'm facing are much better then the old ones and that I don't have the same old crutches I used to have? Right now I run Sprint Burst, Iron will, Self care and Urban evasion. So I haven't got worse? I've just changed my style and I try not to make others suffer. Thanks guys. Btw @Vietfox I know all I suffer in is, Mindgames at T and L walls (when they keep backing up and then u eventually run into them) and Legion/Hag.

Well, killers are in a better spot than before, some killers need to be buffed yet but overall it's gotten better. Also some maps have been reworked in favour of killers.

About perks, if you haven't been playing as survivor for long i advise you to check again all of them and see which ones really suit your playstyle. Many people use the typical "meta" build (or part of it) because that's what they see on videos and stuff, but not everyone know how to use it. IMO there are kinda unused perks that are really nice. But as i said, best way to improve, or to tell if your are failing at something, is to record your own matches and watch them again.

About to make others suffer... as long as you are playing fairly it's fine. Flashlights or pallet saves might be annoying for killers but it's a damn game feature.
    In case you wanna know these are my builds.

Solo build: kindred, bond, open handed (along with kindred shows killer's aura when within 16 meters from the hook >:)) and small game

SWF build: i change it depending on what the others are running, but borrowed is a must IMO.

My build on my main survivor p3 Jake I run calm spirit it can really help when used right iron will for jukes selfcare as I don't trust other players not to sandbag me to death and depending on my mode I will swap selfcare out for small game and I take hope (no exsaust sb)
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:

@Poweas said:

@Vietfox said:

I think.

So It's because the killers I'm facing are much better then the old ones and that I don't have the same old crutches I used to have? Right now I run Sprint Burst, Iron will, Self care and Urban evasion. So I haven't got worse? I've just changed my style and I try not to make others suffer. Thanks guys. Btw @Vietfox I know all I suffer in is, Mindgames at T and L walls (when they keep backing up and then u eventually run into them) and Legion/Hag.

Well, killers are in a better spot than before, some killers need to be buffed yet but overall it's gotten better. Also some maps have been reworked in favour of killers.

About perks, if you haven't been playing as survivor for long i advise you to check again all of them and see which ones really suit your playstyle. Many people use the typical "meta" build (or part of it) because that's what they see on videos and stuff, but not everyone know how to use it. IMO there are kinda unused perks that are really nice. But as i said, best way to improve, or to tell if your are failing at something, is to record your own matches and watch them again.

About to make others suffer... as long as you are playing fairly it's fine. Flashlights or pallet saves might be annoying for killers but it's a damn game feature.
    In case you wanna know these are my builds.

Solo build: kindred, bond, open handed (along with kindred shows killer's aura when within 16 meters from the hook >:)) and small game

SWF build: i change it depending on what the others are running, but borrowed is a must IMO.

Lithe suits my playstyle completely. And I'd totally run it but I haven't got it because of it not appearing in Shrine and I don't have Fengs DLC. Once that comes in shrine, I'm totally getting it. I had 600 hours on survivor on xbox (yeah double checked it yesterday it turns out I didnt have 300 like I thought I actually had double) and I know a fair bit about perks. I just need Lithe and Alert or maybe Botany knowledge to help me get back with nice builds. I got the alert teachable it's just that I've been levelling Billy a lot recently. Got 136 hours on PC and half of that is dedicated towards killers. Yesterday someone saw me in lobby and said '136 hours? #########' I'm guessing he didnt expect to see me at rank 7 lol.

@redsopine01 said:
    My build on my main survivor p3 Jake I run calm spirit it can really help when used right iron will for jukes selfcare as I don't trust other players not to sandbag me to death and depending on my mode I will swap selfcare out for small game and I take hope (no exsaust sb)

That seems like a chilled out build. I'll try it at some point.

Thanks though is and cs are  a must both at tier 3 mean you can sprint past birds while hurt and they don't go off and you can hide to heal easily

@redsopine01 said:
    Thanks though is and cs are  a must both at tier 3 mean you can sprint past birds while hurt and they don't go off and you can hide to heal easily

Yeah I used to run it but the healing nerf really annoyed me and I've been running botany knowledge ever since.

Really it's 4 seconds why do people find that as a nurf when good medkit addons counter it and if you use sc run distortion to avoid it for as long as you can 

@redsopine01 said:
    Really it's 4 seconds why do people find that as a nurf when good medkit addons counter it and if you use sc run distortion to avoid it for as long as you can 

It's 8 seconds when you selfcare. I don't like to use items too btw. I do sometimes though.

Well I have saw a difference tbh
    Ment never not have

@redsopine01 said:
    Ment never not have

I have it feels so slow to me.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 4,791

@Tsulan said:

What playstyle is that? Escaping from the killer?

Oh to clarify I ment calm spirit not self care

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,687
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

What playstyle is that? Escaping from the killer?

Running in circles