Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Penalty on camping killers?

Maybe if a killer is waiting by a hooked survivor, some penalty appears, immobilizing them for 10-15 seconds to give people a chance to escape?

Comments

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited December 2018

There is already a penalty for camping with the emblems as well as you just i dont know do the objective aka gens if a killer is camping do the gens and punish him for it let me guess you are the type who is eager to get unhooks so you run at the hook when the killer is camping? If so the best way to punish the killer is by doing gens its that simple let him lose points for standing there also its probably good to add in when you are close to the hook you are actually helping him because he wont lose points by you being in the area.

Like no offense but thats the issue now is people just dont want to leave the hook so behavior looks at the forums and sees all the people crying about camping so they keep trying to punish it by adding i frames which are terrible and dont work as intended and punish killers who are not even camping when they do they punish emblems like seriously when does it become more of the survivors rewarding the camper.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

They already got a penalty. @Zarathos don't be rude I don't think they understand it well.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Rebel_Raven said:
    No. Stop demanding free unhooks.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,907
    edited December 2018
    Poweas said:

They already got a penalty. @Zarathos don't be rude I don't think they understand it well.

The penalty was unnecessary and thankfully has low impact. Because i cant stand the fact that i get penalised for securing a kill when the gates are wide open. I have seen so many of these posts and when I see people complaining about camping in situations where your options are ridiclously limited well I dont tend to have a lot of patience for it. 

Its the same story everytime. Camping is unfun chase me to the door because i know you cant get me. You want me to move bait me away from the survivour away from an open gate or leave. Here's an idea have the door shut in 60 seconds if you dont leave so ill have a reason to continue chasing. 
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Nope.

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@RavendehGamerGril said:
    Maybe if a killer is waiting by a hooked survivor, some penalty appears, immobilizing them for 10-15 seconds to give people a chance to escape?

MaKe ThE GamE eAsIer fOr SurVIvors

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Someone put that survivor on a hook! And camp it please
  • FayeZaharaFayeZahara Member Posts: 965

already coming with bloodpoint gain changes will also hopefully stop quick altruistic saves

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Killers: *Sits next to hook*

Also killers: "gEnS gEt DoNe 2 fAsT"
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@RavendehGamerGril said:

The devs already introduced a camping penalty even though they claimed that its a legit way to play the game (dev diary #3)

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

Nope. When we camp most survivors try to hook swarm.

It’s the chase that gets us
  • BDS22BDS22 Member Posts: 146
    Regardless it still very much sucks for that one survivor getting face camped while others do gens, especially if that survivor isn't even being toxic. Sure the killer gets less points, but so does the survivor being hooked all because of a face camping. 

Funny the killers i encounter who say gens get done too fast are the one who are in constant chases. Never seen full on hard camp killer complain about gen speed. I ve said it before and I'll say it again dont increase gen time but instead make it so after hooking all 4 survivours the killer can mori one survivour.

That or have a ruin like effect or action speed gen penalty for the first 60 seconds of the game. So killers like hag, trapper and myers have some prep time for set up and dont have to immediatly surrender ruin and 2 gens to set some traps down.

Currently killers get punished really hard fo allowing unhooks even if your downing survivours fast you will lose unless you snowball or make unhooks hard. Reward chse focused killer players so every killer dosent have to conform to a patrol killer playstyle. 
  • BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

They already tried this, it didn't work. You don't need to punish killers for camping, you need to fix the reason WHY they camp. The answer to that is because the game isn't properly balanced. Balance the game, camping will go down tremendously.

• BDS22BDS22 Member Posts: 146
    Or give the survivor that's being face camped better points because depending on when you get hooked and if early and camped as a survivor you end up walking out with crap points which is why some survivors give up or DC which then effects the rest of survivors because they can't gen "rush". Give the face camping survivors something better so they're not wasting their time. 

I play on PS4 and the killers I encounter majority will face camp or just go for the same survivor till they're dead then repeat. From streams I watch the PC community (killers) don't frequently do that crap. Also I mainly play solo since I don't have many friends that play this and the survivors I get majority of the time are honestly crap. Either they all get off gens to try to help someone (while I'm left trying to gen rush while they try to save the person being camped) or there's the group that I get that just wants to constantly use urban evasion not getting stuff done too scared to start gens and won't save survivors until the killer goes after someone else or they will even wait till the killer picks up another survivor. Maybe I'm just having bad luck... 
  • IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

There is one from emblems:
    The Quality of this Emblem will slowly degrade if the Killer remains within 16 metres of a hooked Survivor 10 seconds after hooking the Survivor:
    Does not apply if another Survivor is inside that radius.
    Does not apply if the Killer is in a Chase.
    Does not apply if it is the last remaining Survivor.
    Does not apply if the Hook is on a different floor.
    The penalty greatly increases within a radius of 8 metres.

• TheDarkWallTheDarkWall Member Posts: 126

@BDS22 said:
    Or give the survivor that's being face camped better points because depending on when you get hooked and if early and camped as a survivor you end up walking out with crap points which is why some survivors give up or DC which then effects the rest of survivors because they can't gen "rush". Give the face camping survivors something better so they're not wasting their time. 

I play on PS4 and the killers I encounter majority will face camp or just go for the same survivor till they're dead then repeat. From streams I watch the PC community (killers) don't frequently do that crap. Also I mainly play solo since I don't have many friends that play this and the survivors I get majority of the time are honestly crap. Either they all get off gens to try to help someone (while I'm left trying to gen rush while they try to save the person being camped) or there's the group that I get that just wants to constantly use urban evasion not getting stuff done too scared to start gens and won't save survivors until the killer goes after someone else or they will even wait till the killer picks up another survivor. Maybe I'm just having bad luck... 

As a PS4 Killer who still plays a decent amount of SWF every so often, I disagree heavily with you here. At no point having gone from low to high ranks in survivor has this ever been more than an occasional occurrence in matches. It's far from the norm to just get hard face camping.

I have no problem with camping as a strategy mind you. There are times when it's strategically wise. Like if nobody has saved a survivor on second hook and they're almost dead, or in occasional late game moments. It's a valid strategy that survivors when playing intelligently have a solid amount of counter play to, especially when in groups. This is especially true since now unhooks can be done from all angles, if anything survivors have too much counterplay to this strategy currently.

So if anything, locking down a kill should be better, not worse. But I'll settle for how it is. As many people have said already, the idea of giving survivors the edge even more here, in a game where they already are at the advantage when playing well, yeah, not really necessary.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@BDS22 said:
    I play on PS4 and the killers I encounter majority will face camp or just go for the same survivor till they're dead then repeat.

I also play on PS4 and play both Survivor and Killer. As Survivor I rarely ever encounter face camping Killers and when ever I do I love it because they waste more than 2 minutes on a single Survivor while I do Gens. As Killer I never camp unless all of the other Survivors are bumrushing the Hooks literally every time I turn my head. They are coming to me, I'm not going to go looking and give them free unhooks.

Tunneling is a legit strategy since removing the first Survivor has the largest impact on the game. Sure its annoying but better Survivor play makes it harder to tunnel down one player and its really on the whole team to stop this from happening to the best of their ability.

Ihatelife said:

There is one from emblems:
    The Quality of this Emblem will slowly degrade if the Killer remains within 16 metres of a hooked Survivor 10 seconds after hooking the Survivor:
    Does not apply if another Survivor is inside that radius.
    Does not apply if the Killer is in a Chase.
    Does not apply if it is the last remaining Survivor.
    Does not apply if the Hook is on a different floor.
    The penalty greatly increases within a radius of 8 metres.

Notice you didnt mention exit gates glad the devs didnt pick up on an obvious problem. The devs should make it that this penalty is removed at exit gates or allow the killer to mori at exit gate so i dont lose points for securing a kill when the gates are wide open. 
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,519

no.
    reward not camping killers instead.

gosh, is it so hard to think of something else but a punishment for killers??

ffs camping got nerfed INTO THE GROUND!
    the only reason why killers camp is because the survivors make it worth it. do the gens, have 3 or 4 dont in the time the killer camps one and he will at max get a 2k, which would eigther force him to blackpip ir to depip, while you pip, due to good lightbringer and unbroken scores.

• Jake_Parks_princeJake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    How about a penalty for someone using DS? If you successfully hit the skill check you get sacrificed immediately. 

Someone: Yeah I'd like to not get an instant death which is imposs> @Mister_xD said:

no.

the only reason why killers camp is because the survivors make it worth it. do the gens, have 3 or 4 dont in the time the killer camps one and he will at max get a 2k, which would eigther force him to blackpip ir to depip, while you pip, due to good lightbringer and unbroken scores.

I mean ive gotten a 4k with one gen left in rank 2 I hate to say this but why are ypu punishing survivors for doing the objective?

• Jake_Parks_princeJake_Parks_prince Member Posts: 218

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@BDS22 said:
    I play on PS4 and the killers I encounter majority will face camp or just go for the same survivor till they're dead then repeat.

I also play on PS4 and play both Survivor and Killer. As Survivor I rarely ever encounter face camping Killers and when ever I do I love it because they waste more than 2 minutes on a single Survivor while I do Gens. As Killer I never camp unless all of the other Survivors are bumrushing the Hooks literally every time I turn my head. They are coming to me, I'm not going to go looking and give them free unhooks.

Tunneling is a legit strategy since removing the first Survivor has the largest impact on the game. Sure its annoying but better Survivor play makes it harder to tunnel down one player and its really on the whole team to stop this from happening to the best of their ability.

Yes you get to do the objective and pip while the guy on the hook has to depip and sit there.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,519

@Jake_Parks_prince said:

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    How about a penalty for someone using DS? If you successfully hit the skill check you get sacrificed immediately. 

Someone: Yeah I'd like to not get an instant death which is imposs> @Mister_xD said:

no.

I mean ive gotten a 4k with one gen left in rank 2 I hate to say this but why are ypu punishing survivors for doing the objective?

im not punishing you for doing your objective.
    not at all. by camping i just encourage you to do it instead of going for altruistic plays.
    camping usually means, that the person who gets camped failed at their own objective: staying alive. by that they allowed me to gain one step in my objective, which is: sacrifice you.
    with other words, camping just lets you feel the consequences of f*cking up, while getting saved and healed make the whole hook meaingless in the first place.
    i know its no fun, but that goes for both sides. the killer also has no fun while camping.
    besides that, i just wanted to point out that camping has been nerfed multiple times to a point where it doesnt take a lot to beat a camper, forcing him to depip.

and again, the fact that you got a 4k with camping on rank 2 only shows, that survivors still dont understand how to beat a camper.