Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Remember when Undying remained unchanged for three months, and mettle was nerfed in a week?

Comments

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 520

wonder how fast boons will get nerfed

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 520

hopefully instantly

• Lochnload_exeLochnload_exe Member Posts: 982

If you think that then you really rely on crutches to win lmao

• HulkHodnHulkHodn Member Posts: 110

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

Undying required survivors to do a second objective that should be encouraged to do. Not just gens. You also had perks and a map item to help you find it and counter it.

MoM didn't have any counter except play killers with special attacks or insta down killers. All m1 hits counted and seeing the survivors aura didn't mattered because they could've healed to 99.

• Hektic3000Hektic3000 Member Posts: 631

Not even comparable, Undying meant you had to cleanse more totems sure but it didn't change the game for basic m1 killers like MoM did. Making it so killers without instant down attacks had to hit survivors 3 times to down instead of 2 really extended chases to the point where it just wasn't fair to the killer.

• Bonquiqui414Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 221

They were both nerfed so what’s the point of this?

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,341

I remember that. MoM was nerfed faster than any perk.

And MoM had a huge downside of showing your aura for the remainder of the match.

What is the downside to Undying? None

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 1,753

So Killers didn't need to camp and tunnel to win the game. They were just given a win.

Now Killers need to camp and tunnel to secure a win. Seems like the real loser here are the survivors.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 3,613

MoM aura revealed only showed you after you proc'd MoM endurance hit and then were able to heal back to full health without being downed since the moment you got downed after procing MoM endurance removed the aura reading.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,335

I'm genuinely starting to believe you're a troll. And not the ones that sit under bridges, I mean a troll like Sluzzy.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 438

Remember that one time that one guy used one example as a blanket statement to justify a bias in a video game like a moron?

• FellowKillerMainFellowKillerMain Member Posts: 716

I only recently started learning about startups and business in general, but from what I've gathered thus far, to be a company worth investing in, you need to focus on growth. The best way to grow is by having a good product, because people will use it and tell friends about it. But, there are ways to grow without making a good product: by gaming the system.

In my experience, the best PvP games are balanced first and foremost so players can remain competitive. If too much focus is given to one side, that side becomes too easy to play, and the other side becomes too hard; one side gets bored, the other burns out.

I worry that this survivor sided stuff is becoming an issue. On the other hand, maybe they're just being careful before they buff killers too much. Like, get survivors to a certain performance level before they make any serious changes to killers. There's also the case that I, and other killers that complain are just bat ######### and don't realize we're bad at the game, and survivors aren't really that powerful. I am on console after all.

• OhnoesOhnoes Member Posts: 560

I'm pretty sure four survivors escaping out a hatch requires all the gens being done, meaning the game is near its conclusion. Three survivors 1 gen you would have a leg to stand on because that typically occurred in 3 gen situations where the game wasn't over. Old mori on the other hand is early game, instantly tunnel someone off the hook. The two aren't comparable in terms of what you have to do. Finishing 5 gens is harder than catching a person once and tunneling them off the hook.

And how to balance keys was fairly simple:

• New & longer, 5-10s. Even the new one is too short. All it resolved is using the hatch mid chase when the killer is in M1 range.
    • Adding a cooldown between each survivor being able to go down to simulate a ladder. So the above animation would include a ladder after. 15-30s. Ample time for counterplay. Then have another animation which'll add 2.5s-5s.Potentially raise the requirement for 3 survivors to all gens done as well, unlikely to be necessary however with sizable cooldowns.
    • Changing blood amber so its not a wallhack. That and wraith's add on remove all counterplay. At least scratched mirror myers has a serious draw back.

How to balance moris:

• Include gen requirements that progressively lower the requirements for using it. So at early game it'd be the current 2 hooks + down to mori. As the game progresses the requirement is lowered making it a major late game threat. So basically like what fire up should've been. That was people's complaint about moris. That it was an easy way to lopside the game at the BEGINNING.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 10,649

I'm pretty sure it took several months for Mettle of Man to be nerfed.

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 334

I love all the killers going "it goes both ways." These same people will go on to make a thread just like this except for killers tomorrow.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

Mettle of Man was broken because of instaheals, Undying was never broken.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,630
    edited October 2021

Tldr ds took 4 years to balance gg's.

Ok you know what was even more broken then mettle of man and existed for significantly longer then undying. Why lets look at ds 1.4.0 fill up wiggle meter non obssesions get a free hook state, If your the obsession immediate ds availability if were being generous ds got fixed in patch 2.6.0 where even the it was still broken since you could hop on a gen do any action you want with 60 seconds of immunity. which took two years. Then we finally got the actual fix to ds in patch 4.6.0 which took another two years. Ds was BROKEN FOR 4 YEARS undying had what 3 months 6 months?

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,548

I'd guess it'll follow the same pattern the instant FL blinds did.

People post videos and talk about it being imba. Survivors defend it as 'well, it's fun, and killers had x OP thing for a week three years ago so it's justified'.

Whichever dev designed it comes in to defend it and say that they have no intention of changing it ever.

A few months later, it gets nerfed.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Mettle broke the game, undying did not..this post has no research in it

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,077

Those 2 things are far from comparable. MoM was game-ruining and Undying was only really OP with Devour.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 4,344

The devs are survivor sided. Yes, I have the gall.

• Shenlong1904Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 265

>Has been most oppressive killer for years with only very minor and insufficient nerfs

Gets two nerfs which arent even that bad

"WAAAAAAAAH, they hate spirit and now i have to play the game."

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,548

Eh. I'll still play her, but it does feel a bit rough for one of the three killers that can reliably pressure a strong SWF team to get nerfed, while the weaker killers received either minor buffs to a few addons, or a defacto nerf in the guise of a QOL fix.

• Shenlong1904Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 265

You're post did not reflect your comment. Yes the devs have been obsessed with not nerfing spirit.

How would i know of your views on spirit? I made a comment based on your comment.

I find it disrespectful to check other people's accounts in an argument as it distracts from the argument and becomes a personal attacks.

Overall, i apologise for my pettiness, but I stand tall that your comment was simply an extreme exaggeration.

My bad, my fault though