Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is your definition of "Toxic"

Just a question that I had in mind.

Comments

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,178

Outright cheating and end game chat that gets out of hand.

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

teabagging flashlight flickering. pointing. camping. tunneling. basically being an ass hole on purpose like i do every game

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

usually to anger the other team

• GladonosGladonos Member Posts: 392

This. I would add face camping to that list too(Not proxy camping. Face camping.)

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,369

Nothing that happens in the match is toxic.

• That is vague though... because with that definition you could say using a Haddonfield/RPD offering is toxic

• BootlegmothBootlegmoth Member Posts: 287

Hacking or being a dick in the chat after. Anything during the game doable with the ingame mechanics isn’t toxic

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,180
    edited October 2021

Anything I don't like or that causes me to lose.

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

Bringing offering isn't toxic. U play the game according to it's rules and don't do any harmful things. While, for example, sandbagging your teammate to help killer catch him or just block him in corners is toxic.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,555

Abusive chats and cheating

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,574

Trying to make someone feel bad on purpose.

• MistakesweremadeMistakesweremade Member Posts: 229

When the killer does not let me escape and when the survivors do not let me kill them.

• LegacySmikeyLegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 241

For me just hackers & some post game messages though I don't play on steam much so I don't have actual post game chat & I'd turn it off if I did.

Players on BOTH sides can & do often intentionally do things purely to anger, annoy or upset the other side but even though I don't see the point in it none of it really triggers me.

• GuyFawxGuyFawx Member Posts: 1,945

I see your system of a down and raise you this

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
  • Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 3,026
    edited October 2021

Normally it is someone who intentionally causes harm and long-term happiness, by definition.

So deliberately bullying a player, even though the trial is won (killer not hooking the last, fallen survivor and forcing them to bleed out, or survivors at an open gate clicking and teabagging a Trapper). Note that this is different to using teabagging to distract a killer to help the team, or a killer slugging survivors because the opportunity is presented.

It's also salty endgame chat. Now, there are those who think people who get upset by this need to be stronger, but that way of thinking is flawed, unempathic and lazy, because it is unknown what the receiving individual is going through; parents splitting up, for example. Many other things too besides.

Basically, if someone is intentionally doing something to make another unhappy and hurt, then they're toxic.

• botraxbotrax Member Posts: 633

A t bagging survivor with a clicky clicky flashlight and a killer who hit you non stop on hook.

To be prescise its not the camping i find toxic but the action to hit a hook survivor non stop

• Unicorn_scarecrowUnicorn_scarecrow Member Posts: 62

Blocking a hook. I see that as being more disrespectful than anything else because I do not tunnel or camp, so when I get a down - I deserve my hook. It's happening in every single game now.

Flashlights isn't a big deal, there's a perk counter. It's annoying when it's spammed by multiple survivors at once when no one needs saved.

Teabagging, imo, is usually a bad survivor that got butthurt they was on death hook or they was mad the killer gave them a challenge. No offense taken anymore.

But blocking my hook gives me the right to bust a face on the hook repeatedly.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 7,361

Intentionally trying to annoy or anger the other guy. There's no toxic perks or add-ons. Just people who abuse strong perks to have more control over the other person. Tbagging, flashlight clicking, and hitting on hook are also toxic, and there's no mental gymnastics that sufficiently justify them as not being toxic.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

But what if I run a perk specifically to annoy or anger the other guy. Intentionally...

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

The developers and the direction they are taking the game. Waiting for VHS to come out.

• Leovigildo13Leovigildo13 Applicant Posts: 11

Anything that doesn't bring any benefit to the gameplay except to only annoy the other team :)

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,487

IMO, it comes down to showing contempt for the people you're playing with, either while you're in the game, or when you're interacting with the larger community around it. If we want the community to be healthy, then the norm has to be that we treat each other with respect. Toxic people are working against that.