Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How many slowdown perks do you run as killer and why or why not?😯

Comments

• latinfla4latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Yeah I equip bbq because I want enough BP for addons no matter which killer I play otherwise I would bring a more useful perk🤣

I mean devour hope is technically a slowdown perk if you get enough hooks😇

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,035

Depends on the killer. You can stack slowdowns on meta killers and lose nothing in chase. It's why they're strong. I run fewer slowdowns on M1 killers because they lack pressure and slowdowns do nothing if you don't have pressure.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

It's got to be 3-4. There's just no chance of success otherwise.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,616

I don't use any

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 373

None if I can help it. Corrupt on trapper though.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,616

Like on my mains legion and trickster I just run bbq bamboozel brutal strength and fire up

Fun builds

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326

None, all slowndown perks sucks and don't prevent survivors from rushing gens. For example Ruin just penalize survivors who leave gens, and its dead in the first minute if not seconds of the match. And making a combo with undying is a huge waste of 2 perk slots.

Corrupt intervention just gives around 15 additional secs the aproximated time that will take survivors to find new gens. And its a lost perk slot after that.

So the only perk that do something is Pop but its requires to hook someone first and you waste time in kicking generators. So you won't use it often.

And the other slowdown perks.. are not even worth mentioned lol

• TMNoThumbsTMNoThumbs Member Posts: 91

I run the regular boring spread. Ruin and pop for regression. Corrupt to get survivors moving toward me (ideally). Then either discordance or tinkerer, depending on the killer.

• steponmeadirissteponmeadiris Member Posts: 141

I usually use PGTW. I feel like it gives more control than Ruin (not to mention the fact that I just don't like Hex perks at all). It's also fun to just kick gens.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,615
    • Huntress AKA the only killer I play(almost): Corrupt. But I don't use it for the slowdown. I use it to know where the survivors are xd
    • Nurse: None
    • Spirit: Sloppy, Ruin and corrupt.
    • Oni: Sloppy.
    • Wraith: Surge and Corrupt.
    • Plague: Corrupt and Dying Light.
    • Legion: Thanatophobia, Corrupt and Pop.
    • Demo: Corrupt and Pop
  • FeelsBadManFeelsBadMan Member Posts: 325

If I use a gen perk, I only use Corrupt.

I don't like Ruin cause even with Undying or Haunted it lasts for maybe 2 minutes and then I gotta play with 2 perks for the rest of the match. Pop I don't like cause usually it goes like this: I hook someone, go to the gen I know that's being worked on, gen gets finished when I am halfway there. Pop runs out without me getting any use out of it.

I apply pressure by ending chases quickly/having at least one person hooked all time.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,441

Usually two. Ruin + Pop is my go to.

Sometimes I stack more, sometimes I don't, it really depended on what my matches were like

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,113

Depends on the killer. Most of mine have corrupt and pop at least.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,306

I dont use any slowdown Gen perk related. But either full Expose (Haunted ground, make your choice, dragon grip, Star truck, devour hope, Noed), or End game (Remember me, Blood warden, No way out, Rancor, Noed). But I use mostly End game build.

I dont kill before 5 Gen done. I dont care about Gens fly or hook. My rule is to put a final challenge on survivors and make it tense before they escape. Though sometimes other 3 just leave freshly hooked survivor : (

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,596

1 sometimes 2 on weaker killers but ever since sbmm, I dont really care since theres no point in winning or playing normally.

So now its either none or corrupt for some killers

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,796
    edited October 2021

Depends on the killer. 1-2 on most of them, usually pop, sometimes ruin if it's all I have, often surge or oppression on killers who I don't want to waste time kicking gens on. I find a lot of killer players invest too much in gen slowing perks then get caught in long chases which negates most of their effects. I'd rather use a combination of slowing perks with chase boosts like enduring + spirit fury to get the most time value.

I loathe corrupt and I will never run it unless I specifically have a tome challenge to do so.

The only killer I go absolutely all out on slow is Plague. I run BBQ, Pop, Thana and Dying Light. It means they're constantly fighting into a crippling slow from thana which gets worse with every non-obsession hook. The drawback of dying light is negated by broken, and I don't feel the need for many chase perks when her chases are generally half the length of other killers, and corrupt purge can lower that further.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I've been trying to not run regression perks on my killers.

But if I do, I just use Pop and nothing else.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 806

I only run slowdown when it fits the Killer and yes, I will take a lower MMR for a more fitting perkset:

• Ghostface: I only run Surge. Pop is to brutal for him, Thana to ghostly, Ruin to hexy and I do not have Eruption.
    • Myers: No slowdown perks. Sure I get genrushed but I take it, low MMR Myers incoming.
    • Bubba: Just Pop. the guy has the legs to give the gen a gentle kick in the balls.
    • Billy: Pop/Tinkerer, Same a Bubba, Billy did not skip leg day.
    • Pinhead: Scourge Hooks: Gift of Pain, Deadlock and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt. Enough slowdown with his passive, no need to wast slots for more, I take the opportunity to run a more fun build.
    • Spirit: Surge, as it fits her ghostly image. Sometimes Ruin and Surge, depending on my mood.
    • Wraith: Sloppy, Thana, Surge, works well with his ambush hit and run.

Over all I mostly only run a single slowdown perk. I dislike using Hex: Ruin as I am unlucky and dislike the perk for ruining the game without me doing anything. At least for Pop and Surge I have to work.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,459

Depending on the killer, it can be anything from none (Nurse with Agi/Starstruck/Haunted/BBQ) to three (Legion with Pop/Corrupt/Thana/BBQ). My main build on my main man PH is Corrupt/Pop/I'm All Ears/BBQ)

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 839

I don't tend to just use the same perks all the time. Gets dull fast

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 1,997

On my main I don't run any but I'll usually throw on corrupt and pop on other killers

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,211

I run Corrupt Intervention and/or occasionally Ruin. I don't like to fully rely on slowdown perks, but I'm still a bit bad at gen guarding so I have to have at least one in my build.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 952

Corrupt and Deadlock. Nothing feels worse than going on 1 chase and 3 gens pop.

The last 2 depend on the Killer, usually BBQ and some staple perk on that Killer, like STBFL on Demo

• Dilif69Dilif69 Member Posts: 147

on nurse i use corrupt and surge

• apathyincapathyinc Member Posts: 368

I'll run Surge or Deadlock sometimes because I'm pretty lazy and can't be bothered to kick gens. Lately I've just been running a dumb obsession chasing build that I find a lot of fun: Furtive Chase, Nemesis, Hex: Plaything, Rancor.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,513

I always run Corrupt. Imo you need early game pressure against good teams to stand a chance. Corrupt and Ruin are the best for that, and I don't trust Hexes, so Corrupt it is. Alternatively, you could run Lethal Pursuer and hope to snowball to victory, but only mobility Killers really have that option.

The day that they implement an "early game collapse" like they said (if ever), then I might finally use something else.

• MilesMiles Member Posts: 455

i dont like them, but i have seen myself obliged to use them.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,094

At least 1. Usually pop because it has no totem attached to it. I feel it rewards me for playing well. Ruin can get cleansed. Adding undying just means they need to cleanse it twice. I dont like having half my loadout determined for me. I use corrupt on certain killers like my trapper but once its gone i need to be hooking people fast.

What do you use for your other two trapper perks?😊

Even if they clean ruin and undying it buys me some extra time to place traps near a 3 gen area.