Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is this game so toxic?

2»

Comments

• MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,327

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/141-game-ban-escalation It's done on a sliding scale, so from one day up to a permanent ban.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 525

Simple.

You don't act the way you're being expected to.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 525

I get zero toxicity because I'm smart. I close post game lobby chat.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

That's not good. That is literally the response players got for the growing toxicity in World of Warcraft, and we all know what happened to them later on.

Is that what we should of BHVR? Is it just a smaller version of Blizzard right now?

Or would BHVR rather be like Square Enix.

The comparison is really good, and pretty damn real. Dead by Daylight has two ways to go, and right now they are on the Blizzard path.

• ArtemishaArtemisha Member Posts: 401

This game encourages toxicity and bad manners on it´s own design.

Bully one guy not allowing him to play is the best strat in game as killer and the way to go (camp tunnel).

This game don´t encourage good manners or any type of kindness. As surv, u are more rewarded being selfish than helping your teammates indeed.

So it´s what it is. When u want your community play in a certain way, u reward them for it. But we have no in game reward for having interaction between players, neither for distribute the hook. Besides that this game doesn´t reward people for their high skill on high difficulty actions like looping. On the contrary, killers feel forced to not loop on strong areas or with strong survs.

Game is toxic on it´s own design, what provokes more toxic players and community.

• CluelessWandererCluelessWanderer Member Posts: 940

I first started playing DBD last January as survivor when a friend suggested I try it. l had NO idea what I was doing, and my friend promptly stopped playing entirely so I had no help. Needless to say, I was a true n00b. I remember getting my first salty message from a survivor team mate (and it was literally maybe the 5th match I ever played lol); "You lost the entire match for us, you stupid expletive".

I didn't even know people could message me on PS4 LOL. I quickly learned to make my messages friends only. Problem solved.

That being said, now that I'm a more seasoned player, I've fully learned the heights that bad manners, pettiness, and unsportsmanlike conduct can achieve in the playerbase now, and I recommend you just grow a suit of armour, roll your eyes and move on. I don't care what some basement dwelling 15 year old spews at me after school in a fit of rage. I have a life. But I'd suggest you resist going to streams to explain yourself. Turn off your messages/chat and just send the screeching into the abyss.

If it makes you feel better, I've been running Plunderer's Instinct for fun recently and open every chest I see lol. Not sorry about it.

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

do the devs actually read the reports or are they like roblox and ignore everyone's complaints

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 1,046

Maybe it's about their pride and ego, so that's why they are toxic I guess.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,552

Honestly, I'd prefer post-game chat toxicity to survivors playing hide and seek on their final gen to stall out the game forever.