Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why do you semi-unhook?

is that to catch the attention of your teammates? just wondering

Comments

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823

Excercise is important.

• Bug_ReporterBug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

It indicates that u wanna get saved ASAP, usually means that the other survivors should hurry up because the killer is not paying attention.

• VolantConch1719VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,143

I've usually seen it used to say "HE'S CAMPING" but (less frequently) I have seen it say "Coast is clear".

• UltraXUltraX Member Posts: 30

2 years ago it used to mean a Killer is camping. Not sure about now.

Recently, I do it because its boring being on the hook and I like to do something interactive.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,776

Warning that the killer is still close.

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

so we see both contradictions, whether killer is nearby or far away, classy~

@BACKSTABBER said:

I'm not wanting to read it any other way than To say the killer is near by since even the wiki, which calls it hook gymnastics, says it's a warning that the killer is near.

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Rebel_Raven said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

I'm not wanting to read it any other way than To say the killer is near by since even the wiki, which calls it hook gymnastics, says it's a warning that the killer is near.

it makes more sense if killer is far away and needs unhook ASAP, as I do

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter was just trolling you, it means that killer is camping. Although some survivors do it just because they are bored.

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

it makes more sense if killer is far away and needs unhook ASAP, as I do

Unless you're about to go into struggle, needing unhook asap isn't mich of a thing for me. Unless the killer is still nearby and will double back soon, or something.
    Immediate unhook, just before struggle, kobe, it's all the same to me.

In the end there is only one way to find out. Approach careful.

• Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    When im a survivor i tend to do it multiple times to say killers near. One time if i saw him go off on his hunt for another
  • redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    I think people should stream a new way to use it two long holds means he is camping 1 means I'm in tr 3 quick taps means grab me now you ass
  • Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited December 2018
    But if you just mean when someone comes to save you, and they dont pull you off but just tug on you, i have seen many saves gone wrong because of weirdness. So it vould be cautious survivors.
  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Because hanging of a hook is boring and semi-unhooking is the closest thing I'll get to fun.

• Bug_ReporterBug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

@Vietfox said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter was just trolling you, it means that killer is camping. Although some survivors do it just because they are bored.

Im not trolling, its what i do when i play survivor and its what i expect ppl to do when i go for saves, if they are still i'll consider that the killer is PROTECTING THE HOOK AGAINST SWARMS/CAMPERS and will keep reparing the gens and ignoring them.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,421

Bump