Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Medkit Op Since When?

Comments

• ExultExult Member Posts: 97
  • BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 888

Well its pretty simple, flashlights were never as powerful as a medkit, ever. (Except for that very brief time when you could blind killers any time during a pick up for the save.)

Toolboxes were dialed back a bit. (Although it wasn't enough, base mechanics need looked at there to do anything)

Keys have been, and are going to get nerfed again.

That leaves only medkits.

Just like how now that spirit is getting nerfed people started complaining about blight and wraith.

In fairness, it probably doesn't help that there are youtubers like Pebsie putting out videos where you can get 75 heals out of a crazy medkit with 4 *new* built to last(s).

Personally I think built to last would still be strong if it only had the 66% then the 33%, without the full 99% first. Even if you could built to last back to back to get 99% total from both

• NozNoz Member Posts: 130

Medkits are just a extremely time-efficient thing. Killers first objective when the game starts is to get some pressure rolling on survivors, hooking and injuring as many survivors as possible is usually the best thing for that. Medkits counter the injured part of this very well. There is nothing worse than injuring 4 survivors ( outside of legion ), just so that they use their medkits and all your pressure goes poof. Yes they are one ( or two or three ) time uses, but that is enough for a match of dbd.

• botraxbotrax Member Posts: 633

I believe healing need to be nerf. It could be with a nerf to medkit or a nerf to a survivor healing someone else but something need to be done because chasing a survivor with a medkit is worthless unless you commit to the chase whatever the consequance.

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,593
    edited October 2021

Me as Hag sees Medkits: Brings Franklin’s, Sloppy, and Blood Echo

Post edited by WishIcouldmain on
  • PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 10,624

Since forever.

Now that Keys are being nerfed it isn't even a discussion of which item is strongest anymore.

Since forever.

Now that Keys are being nerfed it isn't even a discussion of which item is strongest anymore.

• AfiusAfius Member Posts: 538

Never heard people complain about medkits until now. Honestly people stretching like Mr. Fantastic to get things nerfed on both sides.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,978

... but the whole point i was making was that Survivors will be placing it in an area the Killer does NOT go to, due to the gens there already being finished?

currently Killers will simply drop chase when someone leads them there, as any such area is a huge time waste if they do commit to the chase. With CoH that will literally no longer be possible, as the Survivors will be able to heal up and return to the contested areas much quicker than the Killer could injure and push them away from them, creating a literal lose - lose situation for Killers.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 357

And of course the new Boon Totems bring ultra-fast healing to all players, effectively giving one or two free perks to the other three players. If you've taken both Boon Totems then Nurses' won't alert that you're healing either.

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 1,833

I have BEEN saying this community gives WAAAAAY too much power to streamers. The fact a streamer can say one thing and the entire community suddenly agrees and it gets changed is genuinely a scary thing. Everyone I’m begging you to just form your own opinions.

I’ve never seen a single person complain about medkits (only styptic agent and needle) until Otz decided to say how overpowered they are.

I’m sorry :( here you can have an orange 🍊(only popular people get cookies)

• MissKitty95MissKitty95 Member Posts: 725

They already nerfed healing a while ago I think people forget this I hope they don’t butcher the only item in the game that is somewhat helpful,

• MarcoPoloYoloMarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

This isn't new. They're just getting heat from big content creators just now or again.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 460

So I guess you've never seen someone lose because 4 medkits before huh... being able to have old self care in an item that can be enhanced through perks to increase its charges and healing speed for a single person...

It's been a longer than a while. I'd wager that most people weren't even playing when healing was nerfed almost exactly 3 years ago.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,382

They've always been this strong. The knowledge of their extreme strength just wasn't as mainstream as its become recently.

• KillmasterKillmaster Member Posts: 387

Give someone an inch and they will take a mile on both sides. There was a time when Self-care, Brand New Part, New Moon Bouqette, Instaheals and D-strike were the end all be all of things that need to be nerfed for the game to be fair. But look where we are now, I can guarantee that perks/items will get nerfed so hard that the meta will be to avoid chases all-together as survivors and just urban evade away from gens the second spine chill lights up...suddenly Spine Chill is the new OP perk that has to go...and the cycle continues.

Also Streamers make money off their "insane plays" and what have you, of-course they will complain about skillbased matchmaking since I'm sure players that "survive" in those high mmr lobbies have to bring items and meta builds in order to stay there and work in direct opposition to whatever builds/killers killers use. Hell just removing Bamboozle from my Ghostface build led to me going from 3-4k's to being lucky to get 1 survivor. The game is far too perk/item dependent at this point and needs an entire rehaul of the bloodpoint economy, items, whatever.

• SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,077

Anything the streamers cry about will be parroted by hordes

No one said a damn thing until the actual problems got nerfed. Salty killers immediately diverted their gaze to the next-best item, because despite the game being easier for killer than it ever has been before, they need something to blame their losses on.

I've never in my life dodged a medkit lobby or thought any differently about a player with a medkit. The things I had a problem with are gone. There are over a dozen medkit counters in this game, people just don't want to give up one of their 4 slowdown perks or pick an instadown killer.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 4,337

Scott and Otz often have weird survivor centric opinions despite being killer mains, but then they go on these weird tangents where even a straight OG Killah like myself wonders what they are on. Items are fine... Like, I just can't even.

• OniHatesSWFOniHatesSWF Member Posts: 68

Yeah. Since SBMM go lives and lots of streamers finally get how terrible this game balance can really be.

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 718

Before keys, now the medkits lmao. Just remove them already lol

• XpljesusXpljesus Member Posts: 391

Medkits have been incredibly OP for years, nor is this a new sentiment. The reason you are seeing it more now is to do with issue priority, not many people are gonna complain about medkits when things like keys exist (although I've always thought medkits were stronger anyway ultimately), aswell as a number of major, more impactful imbalances that have gradually been removed throughout this time, if medkits do get nerfed (which I do anticipate as for me they are OP as ######### and once investigated due to community noise, stand no chance of surviving) then you'll hear more about something else which is still likely problematic, just to a lesser state