Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reporting
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

Infinite Loading Screens

Comments

• PurgatorianPurgatorian Member Posts: 1,133
    edited October 2021

I had a really long load time to get into a match yesterday evening. It was autohaven wreckers, I thought somebody had dropped out but once we finally got in the game progressed normally with everyone present. It was about a 3-4 minute load time.

I am on PS5, normal match, solo queue, crossplay enabled, but I can't remember which survivors were there with me. I played Kate Denson.

It's only happened the once so far, fingers crossed. Normally loading into a match doesn't go over 30 seconds though unless someone disconnects.

• Frontdoor6Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

I was solo survivor, nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. The loading screen came up and the loading bar filled up, then nothing happened, it just stayed there while the DBD logo at the bottom right kept highlighting

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,235

Seconding this, i believe it may have something to do with mikela. I don't recall this bug happening when she's not in the lobby.

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 691

Loading into a match, killer ps4. At start bar goes good, but at the very end (pratically full) the match will never start (waiting 5 to 10 minutes, 3 match in a row now... But before I have 2 game with no problems to start... But with tremendous lag with survivor teleporting) .

• whereismykebabwhereismykebab Member Posts: 175
    edited October 2021

Two of the games today (so far) had a very long loading screen that resulted in Error code 500. Yesterday or the day before there was actually a player that disconnected during loading, however the match started, the killer found me and chased me for 10-20 seconds before the match got aborted.

• SzarmanSzarman Member Posts: 223

I think I found a way to fix this issue when you play as a Killer. Not forever, but it works for some time. If you have infinite loading screen you need to:

• Turn off the game
    • Start the game again
    • After you start the game, you need to search for the lobby without new survivor (Mikaela)
    • When there is no Mikaela in the lobby just ready up
    • The game should load up without problems, and after this game every game should load.

I think that should work for you guys. :D

• plusmooreplusmoore Member Posts: 2

has happened three times via solo queue. cross platform play via PS4 and all three times i was a survivor.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Just had it again. Mikeala was one of the survivors.

• MachineMachine Member Posts: 3

Long load times, mainly as killer loading in match using matchmaking. Game just froze and kicked me out two killed Mori, and the game crashed when a survivor was rescued and I hit her she had the white outline when they’re invincible. Sorry new don’t know all the perks.

• LecardeLecarde Member Posts: 3

I had this issue a lot yesterday and few times today. I am playing on PC, through Steam.

• The issue occurs when loading into a match. Loading into lobbies is fine for me.
    • The loading is initiated through starting the match and waiting for it to begin.
    • It does not happen in every match. I could have 3 matches that work back to back, then 3 infinite load screens.
    • I am a survivor main so I have not tried playing killer to see if the issue happens there too.
    • Accepting or giving invites is fine. Loading into lobbies is fine. For me the issue is always when you are about to load into the match.
    • The issue happens if I am solo, in a group of 2, or group of 3. (have not played in a full premade survivor group)
    • It did not matter what survivors were in the lobby, whether Mikaela was there or not, the issue would happen.
    • Cross-play had been enabled for all of yesterday and most of today.

I was just playing with my friend 5 mins ago before he had to go back to work. We had issues loading into 2 matches. I found this thread and I seen the comment about cross-play. We both disabled cross-play and tried to play again and it worked.

So with cross play disabled we both got into a match on our first try. I am going to attempt more games after I post this message with cross-play disabled and see if it still works.

• McNadyMcNady Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

I believe it is happening for us when someone is running a heal other survivors challenge

crossplay:on

just tested this and it seems to be true while in a 4 man group

• RogueNOTHRogueNOTH Member Posts: 55

PC/Steam Crossplay Enabled

I have this problem the most when I play as a Killer, I also experienced it as a Survivor. As a Survivor, I am a solo player and I usually have this problem after first entering the game and playing 1-2 matches.

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,235

Is anyone in your lobby mikela? Because i was able to do that challenge today with no issues

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,546
    edited October 2021

Crossplay off on Xbox One X.

Happened when loading into a match. Killer was Myers, 3 Mikaela's and a Jonathan, map was Temple of Purgation. No Offerings were burned.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,643

It usually happens to me whenever I tab out of DBD during the loading screen. But it can still happen even if I stay in the game, but not as often

• KorghanisAgainKorghanisAgain Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2021

It happens more than half the time for me - so "sporadically" is a vast understatement. I basically can't play the game.

It happens for both Surv and Killer games.

It happens regardless of chosen character or offerings.

It happens with cross-play on - which I cannot turn off for my region.

It only happens when trying to load into a game.

It happens with and without Mikaela in the group of chosen survivors.

Post edited by KorghanisAgain on
  • HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 560
    edited October 2021

Infinite loading screens has been happening ever since you released Mikaela.

Has happened to me for 2 days now.

Everytime it happens i lose my offering and i have to alt del control out of the game

Been playing with SWF teams, usually 2-3 man.

Played as Mikaela, Meg, Cheryl , Still the loading in the game screen was infinite.

Happens on PC/steam, we tested both crossplay on and off still happened.

Post edited by Hannacia on
  • VideoGameMageVideoGameMage Member Posts: 21

Happening on playstation. I turned cross play off and it helped a little but now I'm getting the infinite loading screen again. Playing mostly solo survivor.

• Owl_UwUOwl_UwU Member Posts: 4

PC - Crossplay off. most recently I was oni in the pregame lobby with 2 mikaelas, 1 feng and 1 meg.

It's happened for survivor as well, with crossplay on.

Just 10~ minutes of loading into the match before it cancels and gives error code 500 because players close their game to get out of the loading screen

• DaWeezerdDaWeezerd Member Posts: 255

Wait until they add skillchecks to the loading screen

Just played a full match with 3 (annoying) Mikealas and a Jill.

I was Doctor and loaded in to Hawkins.

At this point, I can't see any obvious pattern for the infinite loading screens.

• oberon880oberon880 Member Posts: 3

First match of the day, never stopped loading, trying to do the midnight Grove challenge, survivor

• Regulus47Regulus47 Member Posts: 148

For killer, it only seemed to happen when I burned the new Cursed Seed event offering. Five times in a row I used that offering, and each one triggered an infinite loading screen. The two matches I had after that I did not use it, and those were fine. The one match after that I burnt a Cursed Seed and got another infinite loading screen.

This doesn't seem to happen when you burn them as a survivor. This could be coincidence but i would have needed to be astronomically unlucky.

• Seiji212Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2021

Literally every killer match for me. I’m giving up. Xbox, crossplay on, can’t say with it off since matchmaking takes way too long to bother that way.

It would seem to me that this is an Xbox problem- only consistent thing I see in the reports is that cross play is on for everyone who’s bothered to confirm, with the sole exception of a couple of Xbox users.

Guess I’ll go play for honor since that’s apparently the only reliable way to get a game with the trapper.

Edit: this isn’t due to Mikaela- I’ve had matches load just fine with four of them.

It isn’t any offering- I’ve had the bug with no offerings burnt and it was doing it yesterday before the event went live.

not entirely certain here but I don’t think it’s any specific map either- yesterday I managed to play on each of them even if it took forever. Also if you wait for the error to resolve it usually tells you which map it was and I’ve gotten several.

• adirgeforthedeadadirgeforthedead Member Posts: 347

Playing on Steam. SoloQ or with 1 or more friends.

Loading into a match.

Crossplay is on.

• GorgonDorgonGorgonDorgon Member Posts: 94

I was playing as the new survivor on ps5 with my friend on PS4 who was Nea. Happened while loading into a match with cross play on :)

• GibberishGibberish Member Posts: 857

Steam, cross-platform on.

Happens when loading into the match, after the offerings are displayed. Have not seen it happen with any other loading screen.

Can happen both as Survivor and as Killer.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,142
    edited October 2021

It has been happening to me at least half of my games as killer. Haven't experienced with survivor yet. Happened to me with Trapper, Huntress, Nurse and Spirit already.

I can load into lobbies normally, it's just the loading match part that becomes excessive. I always end up closing the game so I don't know if it's truly infinite, but longest one was 10 minutes so I guess it must be.

The loading was on normal matchmaking.

I'm playing with cross platform on PS4.

edited October 2021

Well crumbs, this is a real pain in the bumhole.

Have to restart the game after every match.

Event extention and regular bloodpoint drops? 🤗

This discussion has been closed.