Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions Off-topic

The Pinhead NFTs look great.

Chaotic_WretchChaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 57
edited October 2021 in Off-topic

The new Pinhead NFTs look so good. Flawless editing and totally customized backgrounds, as well as Pinhead himself being in reference pose really must make BHVR feel good about their decision to sell the Pinhead model. 💁🏻‍♂️

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 1,435

How tiresome this is.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

:>

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 2,982

Careful- unless you definitely for sure absolutely protect that with a very secure and not at all symbolic NFT, someone could just go ahead and save that image to their computer free of charge!

• AnObserverAnObserver Member Posts: 747

I mean, some NFT's actually have some design to them (But most are get-rich-quick schemes with crappy photoshops or stolen artwork)

These ones, I actually think whoever got into a license with these guys got scammed because these seem literally like low-effort model edits, likely with free art assets on whatever modeling software they're using.

Click-drap-drop-screenshot

1K$ please!

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

Yep, that's all it is. It's simply just an image of the head of the DBD Pinhead model A-posing with a wig, a hat, shades, or a cigar. As a bonus for buying the NFT you probably get that Lament Configuration thing, the Hellraiser DLC, and probably that exclusive Butterball skin.

• DeadByStreetlightDeadByStreetlight Member Posts: 150

Robbie is that you?

My understanding is that you get a chance to get the Hellraiser DLC, not that you get it guaranteed with the purchase. I'm not sure if that's wholly accurate, though- I never bothered actually looking at it on their website because I'm not the kind of mark that'd buy an NFT lol

(Also it has been confirmed there won't be any exclusive content tied to the NFTs, which is a relief)

There are literally only 10 Hellraiser DLC codes that they are releasing alongside their projected 10,000 NFT's.

Take your first step into the Masters of Horror Metaverse and be one of the first travelers to use the Lament Configuration to open this portal to another realm. Ten random subscribers to our list will receive a Legendary Pinhead NFT variant from the original 10,000 that includes an alternate costume and grants in-game access to the Hellraiser chapter of the video game Dead by DaylightTM for PC.

Each purchase should only give you a 0.01% chance at getting the Hellraiser DLC if they are projecting 10,000 NFT's sold (and depending on the subscriber requirement you might even be able to just subscribe and get the DLC without buying an NFT)

In other words, you have a 99.99% chance of spending 240$ on a few PNGs

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

that's dumb lol

DLC costs like $4.99, every NFT bought for it should guarantee the code. But eh whatever anyone who buys the NFT doesn't deserve it.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,090

What the hell? Is this real?

This is honestly just taking the piss.

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 1,794

That looks like some #########-post you'd see on reddit or something.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,012

Are these the actual NFTs because these are so low effort? Like hilariously bad. Not that NFTs are worth it anyway, but damn.

• nikodemonikodemo Member Posts: 361

this can't be real. right?

• nikodemonikodemo Member Posts: 361

i think i threw up in my mouth a little. poor Pinhead. he deserves to be treated much better than this. classic Park Avenue. blech. i'm glad Barker is getting the rights back.

I guess it's preferable that BHVR put as little effort as possible into this scam they had to deal with, but good lord do I hope nobody on their end actually designed these things...

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

I hope barker sues bhvr for this the moment her gets the rights back in january

• SlothGirlySlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

the more I look at them the more I pray this is just a bad fever dream and I'm going to wake up any minute now. Right guys? guys!?

• BeaburdBeaburd Member Posts: 815
    edited October 2021

Holy crap, I thought this was a poorly made meme made for laughs, but nope. These are Boss Protocol's actual official NFTs on their twitter for $250 each.

I wouldn't even download these for free if given the choice, and I do have that choice funny enough.

No joke, I would actually openly shame anyone I knew IRL who bought one. Thankfully I don't know anyone who would.

Literally the dumbest stuff I've seen in awhile.

---

Edit: I just noticed the tweet saying:

"Behaviour worked with Boss Protocol over several months to adapt in-game models for use as NFTs and approved them prior to the release of Pinhead in DbD."

Is literally right under one of the NFT images.

---

I'm dying, send help. The laughter won't stop.

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,435

guys, we can save this, we just have to tank bhvr so hellbent can buy the OG killers (and good devs) and put them into VHS

edited October 2021

I doubt it. Pure speculation here:

The timeline of the entire thing just reeks of "spend money to make money". Big promises with no infrastructure setup banking on high consumer demand from deceptive marketing and FoMO in order to actually use those funds to hire talent to actually make the NFT's.

Why else would their initial announcement of these NFT's have literally zero evidence of any NFT "cards"? (The only things they had shown any images of were the models given to them + a PNG blackout of an old Butterball toy), with the first released image of an NFT being only a single image, and then 3 days later, literally only 4 extra images were created by someone probably screwing around in Blender)

Also pure speculation:

The voiceline was probably removed because Clive Barker actually got movie rights back to the first Hellraiser film and script, which "You Opened the Box, I came" is literally pulled from.

So I wonder what will happen moving forward with BHVR and the Hellraiser franchise. Will they be able to make a deal with Mr. Barker and wipe their hands of this whole ordeal? (And potentially allowing use of more skins), or will they be stuck in some sort of due rights-owners limbo where it becomes an absolute arse to handle.

I do not know why BHVR decided to continue with the Hellraiser work while there was active litigation going on this franchise though, Were they jumping in on the bandwagon of a sellout? Or were they unfortunately caught in a legal battle by surprise? But if this source is believed to be accurate: http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2018/04/01/pinhead-is-coming-to-dead-by-daylight/ Then this Chapter has been in the works for years. And that at this point BHVR is being legally strangled to say nice things about everything lest they something happen to all the work they've invested so far.

Article is an April fools joke, so yeah, nvm. the above. BHVR just went into full-on cash-grab.... great...

I really hope that BHVR can come to an agreement with Clive Barker himself though and try to wash their hands of this whole ordeal.

Post edited by AnObserver on