Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Which killers deserved better ?

2»

Comments

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,581

Billy and Deathslinger. They both got nerfed in a bad way.

• TheDuhJTheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

I just hate how long victor takes to recover after downing. After you down someone you should have a chance to get after someone close by, in which case you likely jump on their head or you miss and get kicked while they potentially get up whoever got downed. It's fair except if feels like getting DS'd every time you down a survivor with victor. They should have just fix these areas charlotte can be left, because you can crouch around victor (for some reason people don't know this). Also if you drop a pallet on an inactive charlotte it kills victor. If I were to redo the nerfs it would be after a survivor removes or kicks victor make that have a longer cool down, like 20 seconds as opposed to 5 (or about as long as legions power to recharge). After that I would make it so you can't put charlotte in the basement, and make it so victor doesn't have hit detection while he is inactive (so you cant just block windows from one side during chase. They are not trapper ffs. But then make the downs feel fluid and less awkward and clunky.

• El_GingeroEl_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Wraith. He was always a pretty bad killer, then he finally got buffer to mid tier and nerfed swiftly thereafter in the recent patch.

According to some forum goers and the devs, he was “a wee bit OP.”

The sad thing is, the people who influenced his nerf are going to struggle just as much as they did before, whilst Wraiths and other survivors who knew how to play vs. him get screwed over, all for nothing.

Rather lame.

• ion_eyesion_eyes Member Posts: 46

That's how I described him when I played him as well: molasses.

However, you get used to it, and moving more quickly while aiming encourages staying in your sights around loops, and the reduced stun time when a chain brakes makes "Save the Best for Last" a much more viable perk.

(for those who don't know, you can break your chain when reeling and injuring your obsession so you only have to lose 2 stacks before downing her/him)

• AkiTheKittenAkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

Trickster needs actual buffs. 115 movement speed like a regular killer

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,950

In my opinion he needs to feel more like Nemesis more faithful to RE I’m thinking about making one.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,333

Most of the cast

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 928

A neuter on elm street

• lav3lav3 Member Posts: 395

Hillbilly, Freddy, Deathslinger.

• clowninaboutclowninabout Member Posts: 71

His chains need to be sturdier, they break if a light breeze wafts through.

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Hillbilly

• AnaraAnara Member Posts: 1,271
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,613

Pig's EGC nerf is still BS IMO.

• ManOMakerManOMaker Member Posts: 284

Deathslinger, poor guy.

But a nerf that was deserved was spirit. She was way too op as we all know and now she actually feels like a more balanced character,

• Another_LegionMainAnother_LegionMain Member Posts: 385
    edited October 2021

Trickster, Deathslinger, Legion, Pig and Trapper.

Trickster has recoil for some reason, Leg and Pig have been nerfed so many times, Trapper needs an update to make him the face of the game again and Deathslinger was murdered.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,495

He certainly got the FASTEST nerfs. But there have been killers who've been nerfed into virtual unplayability before PH. Legion was totally changed for the worse, same with Hillbilly, same (now) with Spirit and Deathslinger.

The PH problem was that they jumped down his throat so fast that you'd get whiplash if you were trying to track it all. And that was on top of the pre-baked nerfs they put on him. Can't put trails anywhere you'd want to, unlike trapper, hag, demogorgon, plague, or Nightmare. Rescuing from a cage removes TWO instances of his power instead of just the one, unlike Pig, Doctor, Legion, Plague, or Nightmare. He's got a short-ranged attack, but it projects a big red beam telling the survivor where it's going to hit, unlike Huntress, Trickster, Deathslinger, Doctor, Nurse, Clown, Nemesis, or Cenobite.

When you go through all the limits they put on PH, it's wild. And, once again, that's all on top of having the worst AddOns of any killer in the game. His powers have been nerfed multiple times, his perks have been reworked, other killers have had their addons nerfed/buffed, and FIVE new killers have all come out since, but there's been no touch to PH's just atrociously useless addons.

Yes I know the PH story, I played him since the release. And after the nerfs I just left him, he doesnt feel strong anymore.

He used to be fun and interactive, now its just a pain to play him.

Silent Hill and Resident Evil are my favorite licences in dbd, I wish I could enjoy Pyramid as I enjoy Nemesis..

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 634

I agree with all the reasons above but I have to mention Trickster for a reason that hasn't been discussed yet:

MAIN. EVENT. SHOULD. NOT. BE. ON. A. TIMER.

You get it 1-3 times in a match and being forced to use it or lose it feels more like a sideshow rather than something strong that should be feared.

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,495

PH is a lesson on over-reacting to community feedback. On the one hand, it's useful to respond to ongoing concerns, but on the other, "fixing" things as quickly as people start complaining, before people have a chance to learn how to play with/against them is an awful, knee-jerk response that leaves middling powers far, far weaker than they ought to be.

They always listen to survivors but never killer complains 😂

• Powder_KegsPowder_Kegs Member Posts: 66

Cowboy, because he wasn't broke. Why fix what ain't broke?

Clown, because buffing survivors is silly. Why speed up survivors when you could have honked the clown nose instead?

Pig, because all of her buffs were actually more nerfs. Why the pig abuse, bhvr?

Wraith, because all seeing blood shouldn't be a thing. Why isn't this iridescent if it's gonna be a thing?

Michael Myers, because we spend one night in haddonfield and Freddy has five nights at badham. Is this a joke to you, BHVR?

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,747
    edited October 2021

*Literally no reason

They even explained that he already was punished enough for using his chainsaw, and then added another thing to nerf him.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 882

Freddy