Should Resilience affect generator repair speed?
So, for those who don't know - Resilience is a common perk that all survivors have access to at the start. The perk permanently speeds up basically everything: repairing, vaulting, cleansing, unhooking, healing while you are injured.
This perk seems to be quite common place, mainly because it speeds up vaulting in a noticable way (Especially when paired with the perk Spine Chill) however I'd like to pose a question:
Should the repair speed part be removed?
Why am I asking this question? Quite simple really:
- This perk makes an 80 second generator take 72 seconds which is a deduction of 8 seconds total but it is also factored into things such as Prove Thyself, Toolboxes and so on
- The developers have recently stated they have no plans to change overall generator speed, therefore the things that affect gen speed right now are worth looking at (IMO)
- The developers have been extremely cautious in making perks that affect generator repair speed - Prove Thyself might be annoying but it requires survivors to group up which in some ways is beneficial towards the killer.
- Due to the strength and prevalence of medkits, the stipulation of staying injured to use this perk is barely a downside. Clever survivors also run Adrenaline along side it to further negate the downside
- Survivors should have strong perks, I 100% agree with this notion and I have no issues overall with Resilience on its own but I still want to ask this question regardless.
- Ultimately, changing this perk wouldn't suddenly make killer 10x more bearable over night but it might help make the game a bit healthier overall. At least, that's my thinking. Let me know if you agree/disagree.
- I'm also making this poll because I'm not quite sure where I stand so I want to gauge some other people's viewpoints