The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines

Can we discuss the claudette, and to a lesser extent adam, problem?

TheDarkWallTheDarkWall Member Posts: 53

Claudette should have every costume involve a bright color. Claudette visibility is a significant buff above any other survivor to the point where if you have the perks unlocked for her there is no logical reason to play as another character. Either that or...errrr the stress of being hunted for so long turns her hair white or some shit.

Comments

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Reshade is allowed 😉 and Nvidia freestyle is officially supported.

If it comes down to a sneaky claudette camping for hatch, I go for them and let the other person have it whether its david or meg etc 
  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 1,626
    Im surprised Tapp is never mentioned ecen though he can blend in better in his black outfit than Adam.
  • XxAtomicAlfiexXXxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@PigNRun said:
    Im surprised Tapp is never mentioned ecen though he can blend in better in his black outfit than Adam.

Tapp's arent the brightest from what ive seen and dont usually wear it. that or im not the brightest. maybe i should get Tapp.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@PigNRun said:

Tapp's arent the brightest from what ive seen and dont usually wear it. that or im not the brightest. maybe i should get Tapp.

Yeah I've faced very few really good Tapps but the ones at rank 1 that know how to play properly are super difficult to find. Claudettes actually aren't that hard to find once you know where to look and the same for Adam's who have larger models.

If all the people complaining about Claudette's would play them against good killers they'd stop saying they're so hard to find. Since the update where maps are brighter it's even harder to be super sneaky except for Red Forest which is still great for it.

• XxAtomicAlfiexXXxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@powerbats said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@PigNRun said:

Yeah I've faced very few really good Tapps but the ones at rank 1 that know how to play properly are super difficult to find. Claudettes actually aren't that hard to find once you know where to look and the same for Adam's who have larger models.

If all the people complaining about Claudette's would play them against good killers they'd stop saying they're so hard to find. Since the update where maps are brighter it's even harder to be super sneaky except for Red Forest which is still great for it.

i dont play against Tapps very often so im really going of what i have seen. an Adam tried to disappear on me yesterday by hiding in some long grass but his black coat stuck out in the green grass.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

If it comes down to a sneaky claudette camping for hatch, I go for them and let the other person have it whether its david or meg etc 

So we are forced to use 3rd party programs in order to make ingame character skins visible.
    Great design

Not forced to no. But if you have issues seeing them then its there to help.

It wasnt too bad before the update but I think everyone has said at one point the game is too dark in certain areas now and claudettes can at times be almost invisible. Add to that broken sound etc and it's seems like the devs haven't properly adjusted things yet to compensate.

Ignore powerbats elitist post. Its not about "gitting gud", some people just struggle to see Blendettes as easy. Either due to eyesight or monitor picture quality etc I personally am colourblind and I know others have mentioned it on here. Maybe thats why I struggle maybe not.

Besides freestyle has official support and its not just making it brighter, you can make it look nicer too. Some of the filter settings really enhance the lighting and the game looks pretty nice.
  • RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 545

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

So we are forced to use 3rd party programs in order to make ingame character skins visible.
    Great design

No, good killers don't need that stuff since they have no issues finding p3 Claudettes and Adams since they know where to look. If you need 3rd party programs to find a character in game after 2 years then the issue is obviously you and not the game.

Some people are also colorblind and find it near impossible to see characters in certain circumstances without motion. It makes it take much more difficult to actually see people when looking in said areas.

@Ryuhi said:

Some people are also colorblind and find it near impossible to see characters in certain circumstances without motion. It makes it take much more difficult to actually see people when looking in said areas.

Which is why colorblind support is needed but that's not the issue most of these people have however, it's more of a skill based and attention to detail based problem.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 653

I personally find Claudette very boring to play.

I'd rather play daddy Jeff.

• TheDarkWallTheDarkWall Member Posts: 53

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

Great design

No, good killers don't need that stuff since they have no issues finding p3 Claudettes and Adams since they know where to look. If you need 3rd party programs to find a character in game after 2 years then the issue is obviously you and not the game.

I don't buy into this logic. Nobody is saying claudette is impossible to see. Just that she has a significant advantage when you're scanning an area quickly or from a distance (obviously being as super amazing of a killer as you are you understand time is a factor here) compared to almost anyone else in the cast. Obviously map experience will teach you where the hiding spots are if you really want to comb over an area in depth and hopefully she won't sneak away while you're checking one area or another.

It is not that it is impossible to see her, it is that her color pallet grants significant camo to her that other characters are not afforded. That is how camo works in real life as well. You can't be like "Man, those soldiers must have sucked for not seeing the guy in the bushes with camo, they should have known to check there and if you have good attention to detail to THAT bush as opposed to all the other ones, you can see that he was hiding there"

So again, given the template nature of survivors, while not insurmountable, claudette, and to a lesser extent adam and tapp, have a significant advantage in hiding over other survivors in a game where stealth plays a large role.

• JammyJewelsJammyJewels Member Posts: 597
    But what about all of the other survivors? Do they get a pass in terms of being allowed darker clothing?
  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 967

@JammyJewels said:
    But what about all of the other survivors? Do they get a pass in terms of being allowed darker clothing?

Claudette is small and dark. She can sneak around most maps with ease and not be seen unless it is the snow map or the Game. All other survivors are not camouflaged because they can be seen from a mile away. Can’t tell you how many times the ol’ bushes in front of the Myers house has work against killers.

@MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

Claudette is small and dark. She can sneak around most maps with ease and not be seen unless it is the snow map or the Game. All other survivors are not camouflaged because they can be seen from a mile away. Can’t tell you how many times the ol’ bushes in front of the Myers house has work against killers.

That's why you look in the places there most likely to be or bring the proper perks that help you and Bill on Autohaven from a distance is a royal pain. The entity aka Nea is super hard to spot and P3 Quentins while rare are really hard to see as well on some maps.

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,363
    edited January 5
    I can think of a few killers that are incredibly hard to see from a distance Myers, hag, you can’t even see where Freddy is, oh and wraith. Unless they are close enough. Should we change their pallet as well so survivors can sneak around them Bc they can also can’t easily spot them from a distance? Claudette , Tapp and Adam are fine. Just Bc they don’t stick out like a sore thumb doesn’t make their pallet op. I have a p3 Meg that unless I’m standing out in the open a killer doesn’t see me , she’s incredibly easy to avoid detection with. I have a Feng Min in a green shirt and when she squats she blends in really well with grass. Stealth skins and cosmetics are for stealth players. Run some perks that help detect survivors if it’s that big on an issue for you.

i hid in a locker once from a Myers who had whispers. I got crows Bc he wouldn’t leave the area. You’re welcome.
    edited January 5

@powerbats said:

@MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

That's why you look in the places there most likely to be or bring the proper perks that help you and Bill on Autohaven from a distance is a royal pain. The entity aka Nea is super hard to spot and P3 Quentins while rare are really hard to see as well on some maps.

I rarely run into P3 Nea players. They are more than likely P3 but they wear the bright neon pink hair pieces and the zebra pants acting like No0b3 wannabes except they lack the skill at even a simple loop. However lower rank Neas will use Urban Evasion throughout the ENTIRE match being useless to the team, yet when they are finally caught they go down super quickly.

Claudette isn’t an issue if you actually look hard enough, although on some maps it is a pain like any Coldwind map or Swamp. I dread getting the Swamp with a Claudette. Just because certain survivors have stealthy clothing doesn’t mean they need to be changed. They’re acting as if all survivors should be wearing the brightest outfit yelling “HERE I AM KILLER, PLEASE CHASE ME!”

MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

Her default design isn’t dark. It has a rather bright colouring to it. You must be mainly complaining about her optional cosmetics. Prestige clothing for her does what it will to any other survivor: darken them. I don’t think it’s about her clothing but I’m starting to get the impression it’s because she and Adam are black characters. They are finely designed. As are all of the other characters. If you truly think her clothing is the problem then why not ask for darker clothing for the other characters?
  • HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,363
    MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

Her default design isn’t dark. It has a rather bright colouring to it. You must be mainly complaining about her optional cosmetics. Prestige clothing for her does what it will to any other survivor: darken them. I don’t think it’s about her clothing but I’m starting to get the impression it’s because she and Adam are black characters. They are finely designed. As are all of the other characters. If you truly think her clothing is the problem then why not ask for darker clothing for the other characters?
    On everything I thought the same thing but didn’t want to come out and say it Bc I didn’t want to pull the racism card on an assumption.
    HeroLives said:
    MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

On everything I thought the same thing but didn’t want to come out and say it Bc I didn’t want to pull the racism card on an assumption.
    But given how people word themselves it certainly seems that, no matter how you try to explain how other survivors can be equally as dark, they only seem to complain about Claudette and Adam, a.k.a the only two black characters that aren’t licensed.
    edited January 6

@JammyJewels said:
    MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

I’m not personally complaining about Claudette’s design because I play her almost as much as I do Meg and I seem to be found with ease a lot of the time. I wear the green fitted shirt with brown pants and the dark violet hair.

Sure the prestige clothes with darken them but none other than Claudette. Are you trying to tell me that Kate is going to be just as hard to find as Claudette?

It’s not a matter of me complaining about Claudette’s design but making a clear observation that she is the hardest to find. You’ll find Kate and Meg clear across the map.

Other characters can have all the dark designs they want. Meg has an all black outfit, Feng has a dark green Sci-Fi shirt, Nea’s P3 outfit is dark. They still can’t hide in plain sight like Claudette.

I like Claudette’s design and think she is really good for stealthing but A LOT of people play her and to some players it is frustrating to see four P3 ninja Claudette’s in their lobby. I’m just a potato and suffer from corn blindess so I normally lobby dodge if more than two Claudette’s join.

• MegChickenMegChicken Member Posts: 155
    powerbats said:

@Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

Great design

No matter what rank, you’ll never notice a P3 Claudette, who knows you probably passed one without you knowing. It’s annoying to deal with a Squadette, Claudette is a problem. 

@MegChicken said:

No matter what rank, you’ll never notice a P3 Claudette, who knows you probably passed one without you knowing. It’s annoying to deal with a Squadette, Claudette is a problem. 

I mained Claudette when I 1st started playing her because I liked her backstory the most and good or better killers always found me when I was wearing my P3. They would run whispers and or just knew where to look and the same can be said for other characters.

I've literally walked into other P3 characters and couldn't understand why I couldn't move until I looked down and saw the Feng or Bill etc blocking me.

You're blaming Claudette because you can't find her but if you think she's such an issue go play her non stop with her darkest clothes and face good killers.

When you get destroyed and found often because they know how to counter you you'll change your mind.

MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:
    MegMain98 said:

@JammyJewels said:

I’m not personally complaining about Claudette’s design because I play her almost as much as I do Meg and I seem to be found with ease a lot of the time. I wear the green fitted shirt with brown pants and the dark violet hair.

Sure the prestige clothes with darken them but none other than Claudette. Are you trying to tell me that Kate is going to be just as hard to find as Claudette?

It’s not a matter of me complaining about Claudette’s design but making a clear observation that she is the hardest to find. You’ll find Kate and Meg clear across the map.

Other characters can have all the dark designs they want. Meg has an all black outfit, Feng has a dark green Sci-Fi shirt, Nea’s P3 outfit is dark. They still can’t hide in plain sight like Claudette.

I like Claudette’s design and think she is really good for stealthing but A LOT of people play her and to some players it is frustrating to see four P3 ninja Claudette’s in their lobby. I’m just a potato and suffer from corn blindess so I normally lobby dodge if more than two Claudette’s join.

Actually, yeah, I do think they’d be as hard to find. I think it’s not only the cosmetics but good players leaving no trail to where they are hiding. Claudette is not a problem if the player behind the character is terrible. But I don’t see what differentiates Claudette or Adam from the others. They are just as invisible as the player can make them.
  • MegChickenMegChicken Member Posts: 155
    powerbats said:

@MegChicken said:

I mained Claudette when I 1st started playing her because I liked her backstory the most and good or better killers always found me when I was wearing my P3. They would run whispers and or just knew where to look and the same can be said for other characters.

I've literally walked into other P3 characters and couldn't understand why I couldn't move until I looked down and saw the Feng or Bill etc blocking me.

You're blaming Claudette because you can't find her but if you think she's such an issue go play her non stop with her darkest clothes and face good killers.

When you get destroyed and found often because they know how to counter you you'll change your mind.

The comparisons are weak, Claudette is already hidden with her skin tone, the P3 just adds a level of BS. The rest are easier to see and have something that gives them away. Claudette doesn’t have that.
    powerbats said:

@MegChicken said:

The comparisons are weak, Claudette is already hidden with her skin tone, the P3 just adds a level of BS. The rest are easier to see and have something that gives them away. Claudette doesn’t have that.
    So this is about her race. Okay then. What on Earth could you propose? That we remove any black character? That’s another level of garbage and it seems like people only complain BECAUSE they don’t learn how to find darker survivors regardless. Stop complaining about a non-issue. Claudette is fine. You just need to get better at finding her, instead of giving off hints of racism in your rants.
    edited January 8

@JammyJewels said:
    So this is about her race. Okay then. What on Earth could you propose? That we remove any black character? That’s another level of garbage and it seems like people only complain BECAUSE they don’t learn how to find darker survivors regardless. Stop complaining about a non-issue. Claudette is fine. You just need to get better at finding her, instead of giving off hints of racism in your rants.

She has a dark brown cosmetic, she is small, and most of the maps are dark. calling her invisible is a stretch, but she has, by far, the biggest blend factor in the largest number of situations in the game. I honestly don't know why anyone would bring adam into it, as his frame and his coat make him much more visible by comparison. That said, he's a great example of the types of changes that could fix claudette. Since her size can't really be changed, having her clothing be brighter and less form fitting is the best way to put her even with the rest of the cast.

When it comes to visual and auditory issues, different people will always have varying levels of difficulty with them. Since this game has no colorblind option (and probably never will at this rate,) there will always be situations that will put some players at a disadvantage due to visual issues. Its kind of like how many killer players are rightly agitated by the slew of audio bugs with this patch, making many tracking methods near useless.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,862

It can be very frustrating for killers for sure. But think of it this way: when playing killer, you can decide you're using someone top tier (Nurse, Spirit), or some more challenging killer like Freddy, Wraith, etc. Same goes for survivor: want to have an easy time, at least when it comes to stealth? Play black characters with dark clothes. Want a challenge? Put those pink t-shirts on and show them pesky killers who's gangsta!

@George_Soros said:
    It can be very frustrating for killers for sure. But think of it this way: when playing killer, you can decide you're using someone top tier (Nurse, Spirit), or some more challenging killer like Freddy, Wraith, etc. Same goes for survivor: want to have an easy time, at least when it comes to stealth? Play black characters with dark clothes. Want a challenge? Put those pink t-shirts on and show them pesky killers who's gangsta!

The problem with that mentality is that it is directly impacted by an impairment, vs choosing a unique character with unique abilities/strategies/etc. The majority of the skins and cosmetics in the game go from well rounded to very noticeable (even some of claudettes bright clothing,) but there are a few that are abused specifically.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 1,862

@Ryuhi said:

there are a few that are abused specifically.

I understand what you say, but disagree. Used, not abused. To some extent, you can decide what challenge level you want to play.