Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does Jeepers Creepers have another chance to be in the game with the new movie?

Frontdoor6Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

As you guys might know, i new Jeepers Creepers movie is coming out, this one is a complete reboot with new staff, completely from scratch with no attachments to the old ones. So no bad rep attached to this one.

So with that in mind, does the Creeper have another chance to be in the game? If not, i understand, but could this work?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,467

If so, it would be amazingly horrifying to have a flying killer in the game!

The devs have said that flying killers would be very tough because the maps look weird from high up, but what if the Creeper's POV stays on the ground while the Creeper's model flies through the air?

• Midori_21Midori_21 Member Posts: 695

In order to make this new movie, screen media had to purchase the rights to jeepers creepers. Meaning they had to pay victor salva to make it. Like it or not, if you pay to see the new movie you're still indirectly supporting him, since he's already profited from the new movie ahead of time.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,324

I understand why this makes it unlikely for a developer to want to touch the franchise, but this is terrible logic.

If we discarded everything amazing that was invented by problematic people, we wouldn't have rockets, electricity or cars.

• MapersonMaperson Member Posts: 1,634

But what would be his power? It wouldn't be flying because devs said they tried to make killer that can fly but it's beyond broken, plus indoor maps, don't get me wrong, i like him, but what could he do? throw his shurkiens? (I don't know how to call that)

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,028
    edited October 2021

Until Victor Salva dies the slow, painful and lonely death he deserves, it will never happen

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,339

Stop it with the licenses

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

Never happening.

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,629

I don't think Victor being a POS should have ever gotten in the way of the Creeper coming in DBD. They should just get him already. They should've gotten him a while ago.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,602

Maybe if the new owner is into NFTs or otherwise destroying the planet? (Sorry couldn’t resist)

• Nobody_TMNobody_TM Member Posts: 34

I don't really care; seperating art from artist is like 1st grade common sense. Creepers dope. Let em in.

• NomiNomadNomiNomad Member Posts: 2,680

Media does have its uses, but it's nowhere near as important nor impactful as things like electricity or cars.

The difference is, once again, both are over a century old at this point. They were written in a far different time. Jeepers Creepers was released in 2001. Salva was convicted for terrible crimes in 1994. I think art should be separated from the author to a certain degree, yes, but to what degree is hard to say. I've always enjoyed Lovecraft's work-- But as someone who enjoys the genre of horror he helped create, I have to recognize his blatant xenophobia and racism.

I can see where you're coming from to a degree, but nothing will change the fact that Salva is a pedophile. He ruined a child's life. He did a terrible, terrible thing and it isn't collective vigilantism. Victor Salva does not deserve to have his work put in any sort of spotlight. Nothing will change my mind, and I'm not sorry about that.

It is an important topic, and I appreciate how calmly you argue your points, but it's likely best we stop here. The mods have a history of not liking this topic.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 2,188
  • MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,602

If BHVR has standards and doesn’t want to be associated with a monster like that that is actually a very good trait. Should have shown the same kind of backbone while working with the owners of the Pinhead owners regarding NFTs.

we don’t need every one of those licenses if it costs too much (not speaking solely about money)

• Rancid_DischargeRancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

I hope they keep jeepers creepers far away from this game forever. That franchise is forever tainted

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,146

We would probably still have rockets even without Operation Paperclip it would have just taken longer. We'd still have cars as multiple people and multiple companies came up different iterations of the Motorized Carriage. We would still have electric considering more people than Edison had a vested interest in seeing the technology expand and though infeasible Tesla wanted to supply people with electricity for free.

The idea of separating the creation from the creator is a valid way to address issues such as this, but becomes harder to do while the creator still lives and profits off of their creation. They are intertwined on a level that makes supporting one difficult if it supports the other and unlike cars, rockets, or electricity Jeepers Creeper isn't a creation that serves the public good, aid in exploration and defense, or improve the ability of goods, people, and services to be moved around a vast country.

So it isn't terrible logic by any means.

Its like saying I can't enjoy or want Cosmic Horror books because Lovecraft was a racist.

So what your telling me is if enough people like the art we can come up with excuses to enjoy the art and separate it from the artist.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,028

Victor Salva was a Paedophile, let me repeat, a PAEDOPHILE

elaboating further is unnecessary, detailing his crimes would probably get me banned, end of discussion

edited October 2021

Mm. We think very differently.

I worked in corrections, and - while it's not always easy - I think that it's important to leave punishments for crimes to the justice system, especially after a sentence+probation has been served. It's something that we are told as guards, time and time again - it's not for us to dispense additional punishments on people who are already in prison for a crime, and that holds doubly true after.

It's really hard when it's a crime like this, but if we make it impossible for someone to ever put their crime behind them, ostracize them and prevent them from earning a living, not only are we saying that they can never be rehabilitated, but we are making this come true.

Here, we have a man who did something horrible 30 years ago. He served a sentence, completed probation and never reoffended. I'm fine not letting him be around kids unsupervised, but that should be the end of it.

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 466

Holy crap! There's a new Jeepers Creepers coming out?! That's awesome, I used to love those movies when I was a kid! haha

Justin Long! XD Never really see him anymore, what a random actor he has been in so much random stuff.

Anyways, Jeepers Creepers would be hell of fun to play in DBD - if they could make it work I would be down, but for some reason I feel that it's doubtful.

Bad Rep? Huh, not that it was an all time favorite or anything but everyone I've ever met where the original movies have been brought up in conversations seemed to have liked the films and remembered them similarly to how I do.

• Frontdoor6Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

The bed rep is regarding what the original Dev did. You do know what happened, right?