Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Why I think Boon perks are not as OP as people think

2»

Comments

• VerconisspVerconissp Member Posts: 1,284

If you did a heal with a medkit with sloppy, it takes about 14-16 seconds i believe,

Healing with boon is 9 or 10 seconds,

Sloppy didn't affect the time it took me to heal,

Kinda a weird thing..

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

We don't have time to deal with these perks, is the point. We can't juggle gens, survivors, AND totems along with keeping track of all the information associated with those things. Playing killer just feels like an overwhelming game of chance now. Maybe I win, maybe I don't. Who can tell?

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,073

I haven’t played much with them because I have been taking small breaks from this game.

I did experience it for the first time the other night (CoH) and I did not feel it was that helpful. It felt very situational because of the location of the totem next to gens. Where the killer kept passing through, and seemingly did not care that the totem was right in front of him.

I realize this is only a single experience with it, but I personally didn’t feel like it affected our match that much.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 3,787

Could be a bug. FYI I think the formula would be

16 / (1 - 0.2) (1 + med kit type bonus)

So I think it’s 20 seconds reduced by the med kit speed if you have both a med kit and Circle of Healing. (Circle of Healing cancels the penalty from self caring).

• MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 697

The boons will not always be executed smoothly though. As others have mentioned, some survivors will prioritize their totems over generators which I think is a better thing for killers. Though this does add onto the killer's plate, the severity shouldn't be dramatic, snuffing out takes a second or two and if the killer has map awareness, they'll easily know where it is.

Yeah, I feel you. Boons do have the potential to do something great, but other variables can apply to make it less impactful.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 373

If only one survivor runs both Boon Perks then they effectively give the other three survivors an infinite supply of three free perks without cooldown or prerequisites (Distortion, Lucky Break & improved Self-Care) for zero investment in time or perk slots.

That's a far more likely and far more disruptive scenario than all players taking all Boon Perks, especially in a SWF. One player is designated as the "Safe Zone Creator"

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

It wastes 1 survivor's time of about 20 seconds to keep relighting a totem, and the killer 2 second to destroy it, but meanwhile the other 3 survivors are doing gens. So "but they're not doing gens" just doesn't work for this.

• VizikkVizikk Member Posts: 115

Correct my math if I'm wrong here but even 2 seconds to stop and go snuff a totem takes away that 2 seconds from what your initial plan was correct? So this is an positive 4 seconds for a singular survivor. BUT there are 4 survivors so a total of 16 seconds of collective time. This is if you snuff the totem before you get into a chase. If you snuff a totem mid chase, you can go ahead and chalk another 5-10 second chase time for a mediocre survivor.

So being fair here, it's about 30-40 seconds worth of progress getting done to snuff one totem IN CHASE. For something that took 14 seconds to do seems like way to much value not including the time saver on healing throughout a trial.

• MazoobiMazoobi Member Posts: 697

That's if you're not chasing a survivor which in most case scenarios you are, so two survivors are on a generator (unless they decide to do something else) and the other two are being occupied due to you and their boon totem.

Once you start getting hooks & hits in, that's your slowdown for ya and if you find the totem which is fairly easy in most cases, the boon-user may feel the urge to re-bless it.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 440
    edited October 2021

The problem is 1 person can give 3 survivors a 5th perk.

The fact is that generators go so quickly and you have SO much time to work with as a survivor, that the time it takes to bless a totem or run to one to heal does not make the game easier for the killer. Objectively you are wasting time to run to a place to heal, but you are also equally wasting even more of the killers time by healing yourself, and quick.

This frees up a teammate to just stay on a gen as opposed to healing you. They're not busted, but to say they're fine is.. disingenuous