Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Which Killer was the greatest failure?

Comments

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,468

Trickster in terms of his power was pretty lame. The twins had the worst chapter, but Legion? Legion hardly has a power and are literally BHVR's dress up doll nothing else. Legion's addons still haven't even been updated to match their current "power".

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 2,698
    edited October 2021

I see a lot of Trickster here, but the bulk of the complaints boil down to 'doesn't look like a killer in this genre' and 'uncreative gameplay.' The first is at least somewhat subjective, even if I see the point, and the second is true for a lot of killers.

The Twins, on the other hand, have all of those issues and more. They're terrible to play and they're terrible to play against, which is a sort of fascinating magic bullet because usually frustration in an asymmetrical game ends up being at one side's expense and the other's gain. But nope - the only creative way you could use their power, using Charlotte as a wall and using Victor to herd, is no longer possible, and it's hard to tell who's being punished more; Victor, who now gets stunned and yeeted no matter how well he aims, or the survivors, who spend half the game on the floor and are allowed to move exactly three steps away from the hook before Charlotte wakes up and slaps them back down.

Trickster has dedicated fans and is more than viable nowadays, so you see a lot of him. Even if there's people that love him because he's sleek and conventionally attractive, which isn't exactly genre ground... they still love him, and, well, that doesn't work in reverse. I've yet to meet anyone who thinks the Twins are a cool or scary kind of ugly; the consensus is just sad ugly. I don't think any killer was more dead on arrival than Twins. Ambitious idea, terrible execution. The crippling number of bugs they were released with is just the nail in their coffin.

My second pick would be Legion, mostly because it feels like BHVR didn't know what to do with them when the initial power turned out to be such a horrible idea and they gave up as soon as they'd managed to staunch the bleeding. They're pretty far down the totem pole in terms of killer design, but I'd still rate them over Twins.

• Bennett_They1ThemBennett_They1Them Member Posts: 1,784

Legion. Wraith, Twins, and Trickster have fun powers. legion's power is kind of just disappointing.

also, why wasn't this a poll?

• MarcoPoloYoloMarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Legion has a sizeable fanbase. Twins do not. A character meant to entertain people entertains practically no one. Legion might have sucked for survivors, but was at least entertaining for those that played them. That automatically makes Legion a more successful killer design than Twins, whom appeal to no one.

• Frontdoor6Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

I liked the Twins. The character had creativity that none of us thought of

Unless your talking about the bugs that come with the chapter. I don't remember them, but i heard they were a bother

• Definitely Wraith for me... hard for them to balance so they just buff him beyond repair.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 1,788

Trickster has to be their greatest failure. He doesn't fit in design wise, his power is just a weaker Huntress that somehow got nerfed, his name doesn't fit with his power or even lore and his lore, for a Kpop idol going mad, is really bland

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 785

It seems like some people are only considering how well they currently function, rather than how well they could function if the devs actually spent some real effort figuring out their flaws and reworking them. All they seem interested in doing is changing some numbers around, as minimally as possible. I don't think any of them is a failure, but some are just not good...but could be fixed if the devs gave a #########.

• ryseterionryseterion Member Posts: 414

Twins by far

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,022

Trickster.

For me he does not fit in this game. Looks too much like a survivor and also his power was not very well thought out IMO.

• ManyAchievablesManyAchievables Member Posts: 545

Nemesis.

Unbelievably unfaithful to the source material for the most part and quite possibly the least fun Killer to go against, but still manages to feel weak and reliant on certain things such as Marvin's Blood and Save The Best For Last (which is ironically the opposite of what Nemesis does to his "obsessions" in the lore).

His zombies are incredibly stupid too. You should never be able to win a chase without doing anything whatsoever. Don't say that you're herding the Survivor into your zombies when the zombie goes one of two directions, while you go to the other. They create lose/lose situations in chase and are additionally incredibly frustrating when you're just on a chase.

His addons are pathetic as well, apart from a few cases, like the aforementioned Marvin's Blood.

They built all of the Resident Evil Chapter up for the 5th Anniversary Celebration, and yet we received a horrendous map which spent most of the chapter's release disabled, a Killer who suffers from the BHVR design syndrome of "good 1v1, terrible 1v4" and Perks as a whole that are too specific, undermined by better perks, or just generally not a strong effect.

Every aspect of the Resident Evil Chapter, apart from Eruption and Lethal Pursuer, is a complete and utter failure. Nemesis is the forefront of it.

• WraffWraff Member Posts: 130

I mean they were not exactly gonna give Nemesis a rocket launcher or flame thrower.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 1,138

Legion. They've been nerfed a lot and their current power is useless.

• Sandwich_JesusSandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 248

hmmm, gonna go with Legion.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,682

Trickster.

All the hullabaloo. All the cosplays. All the fanart. All the winking. All that crap.

Soon went awfully quiet.

Still laughing. 😂

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,058

Twins, the best way to play them is the most boring and uninteractive one

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,975

Legion on release was by far the worst addition ever made to this game.

currently it has to be Twins though.

amazing and creative concept, but incredibly horrible execution - and honestly, i doubt a couple of small buffs / changes are enough to fix that mess.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,016

Legion should have been a 4 man twins. But trickster is the worst imo. Doesn't fit and looks well out of place now that the kpop train has left.

• MilesMiles Member Posts: 447

Until last patch, yeah he was perfect. Rn, it hurts my soul

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 518

twins

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 6,950

“The last buff made Wraith a weeee bit overpowered”

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 938

Hag. Nothing about Hag is enjoyable. Nothing about Hag and her playstyle supports the game she is supposed to be played in, and her only redeeming quality is her perks.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,758

Twins by a long margin, they are designed around one of the worst aspects of this game (camping and slugging), doesnt matter how weak, annoying or unfun other Killers are, theyll never be as unfun as Twins for both ends.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,523

Trickster I mean what even is that thing? Like being chased by some angry Biden supporter throwing blades at you.

• ManyAchievablesManyAchievables Member Posts: 545

I know that, but still... Just a Tentacle and some poorly-executed zombies?

• TerrortotTerrortot Member Posts: 418

First thing that comes to mind was Freddy's release 🙄 Using your power and waiting like 5 seconds for them to fall asleep so you could actually injure them was painful.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 777

Legion

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 2,441

No, Legion.

At least Trickster gets slowed down with cover

Legion at first: You couldn't run, and you couldn't hide.

And some PTB's have had HUGE oversights that thankfully never reached live. Here's a couple of them:

They wanted to test how applying Deep Wound worked, if you were injured, your timer would be at 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Sounds like a harmless change until you paired it up with Stab Wound Studies and Franks Mixtape and you essentially had an insta down. As the first hit would apply Deep Wounds, and thanks to Stab Wound Studies the timer would automatically go down to 15 seconds, and Franks Mixtape removed 15 seconds off the Deep Wounds Timer after stabbing some one who already has Deep Wounds.

November 2019, Cursed Legacy's PTB was up for testing. This of course included Oni and his perks, Nemesis, while a pretty underwhelming perk, was damn strong when used by Legion. Why you may ask? Because Deep Wounds was tied to the Terror Radius, not running (in fact the very reason why its tied to running nowadays is because of this). All a Legion had to do was get stunned and apply Deep Wounds. And as long as they kept following the survivor to make sure they didn't mend, they were guaranteed to go down.

With all the gimmicks and with how poorly thought out Legion's power is, its almost impossible to make them a healthy and balanced killer without making MAJOR changes