Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Hemorrhage Status Effect Buff?

Hello everyone! A user by the name AliveBySunrise shared an idea with me, which I was skeptical about at first, but I wanted to see what others think about it. So basically, the idea is that when the Hemorrhage effect is applied, healing progress slowly drains. We couldn't decide whether only Self-Care progress should be drained, or if all healing progress should be drained, so we're handing that discussion over to you guys. We also couldn't make up our minds on if the effect should have value tiers (Slightly/Moderately/Considerably), so we're giving you guys that task as well. So please let us know:
1. Should this even be added into the game?
2. If not, why? 2a. If so, would you change anything before adding it or leave it how it is?
3. Should this affect only Self-Care healing, healing from other players, or all healing?
4. Should this effect have value tiers (Slightly/Moderately/Considerably)? If so, what should the drain rate be for each tier?
At first, we weren't sure if this was good, because your worst case scenario is maybe a Billy with Carburetor Tuning Guide and Primer Bulb on Rotten Fields running Ruin, this new Sloppy Butcher, BBQ, and Nurse's Calling on Rotten Fields. That'd be deadly. But we're not sure. So please, let us know what you think!

Comments

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Mangled already exists and already affects healing speed.
  • PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,750

I can't think of a whole lot of times where I have been getting healed only to be interrupted and then later finished that heal without going down. The closest situation I can think of is getting unhooked and having the killer return, but usually if that happens they'll just go for the unhooked guy again anyway so you're probably going to go down before you could finish that heal anyway, making the effect pretty negligible. Also:

@The_Crusader said:
    Mangled already exists and already affects healing speed.

I share the same feelings. I don't think it would be different enough to warrant the change, and I feel like mangled would just be more consistently useful in all scenarios. The situations where regressing healing would come into play are very niche.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Some players, including me don't even run Self care so it'd be kind of worthless against them. So if you make it fully decrease over 10-15 seconds that's something that would work.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 991

Both hemorrhage and mangled were both significantly buffed in recent updates. There is absolutely no need to buff either, any further. I play both survivor and killer fairly equally. As killer, blood is so bright now, there is no possible way that a survivor can lose me. As survivor, this would absolutely destroy solo players, and have no effect at all on SWF. This is counter to what BHVR is currently trying to do by bringing solo players up to the level of SWF groups.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Kaelum said:
    Both hemorrhage and mangled were both significantly buffed in recent updates. There is absolutely no need to buff either, any further. I play both survivor and killer fairly equally. As killer, blood is so bright now, there is no possible way that a survivor can lose me. As survivor, this would absolutely destroy solo players, and have no effect at all on SWF. This is counter to what BHVR is currently trying to do by bringing solo players up to the level of SWF groups.

Hemorrhage wasn't buffed though. A couple patches ago, the devs made the change for it to apply even after being healed from dying to injured, but that wasn't really a buff.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

Hello everyone! A user by the name AliveBySunrise shared an idea with me, which I was skeptical about at first, but I wanted to see what others think about it. So basically, the idea is that when the Hemorrhage effect is applied, healing progress slowly drains. We couldn't decide whether only Self-Care progress should be drained, or if all healing progress should be drained, so we're handing that discussion over to you guys. We also couldn't make up our minds on if the effect should have value tiers (Slightly/Moderately/Considerably), so we're giving you guys that task as well. So please let us know:
    1. Should this even be added into the game?
    2. If not, why? 2a. If so, would you change anything before adding it or leave it how it is?
    3. Should this affect only Self-Care healing, healing from other players, or all healing?
    4. Should this effect have value tiers (Slightly/Moderately/Considerably)? If so, what should the drain rate be for each tier?
    At first, we weren't sure if this was good, because your worst case scenario is maybe a Billy with Carburetor Tuning Guide and Primer Bulb on Rotten Fields running Ruin, this new Sloppy Butcher, BBQ, and Nurse's Calling on Rotten Fields. That'd be deadly. But we're not sure. So please, let us know what you think!

Hello, I brought this up to the developer Q&A team but my idea was that it wasn't a status effect and only affected SC. I like this idea as it gives the hemorrhage status effect more value to the killer while being balanced for the survivor side!

Hemorrhage Tier 1: 100% progress to 0% progress in 32 seconds.

Hemorrhage Tier 2: 100% progress to 0% progress in 16 seconds.

Hemorrhage Tier 3: 100% progress to 0% progress in 8 seconds.

Status effects should be stackable, meaning if you're tagged with Fine Stone from a Huntress Hatchet then you're affected with the Hemorrhage status effect tier 1 for 60 seconds. If you are tagged again, the timer will reset but this time you are affected by the hemorrhage status effect tier 2.

Sloppy Butcher can work with this mechanic as well until you heal.
  • KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 991
    edited December 2018

@Kind_Lemon hemorrhage was buffed when they significantly increased the visibility of blood trails. Add Bloodhound to that, and it is ridiculously easy to track a survivor. Why do you think so many killers are using Sloppy Butcher now? Previously, it was a crappy perk that only worked on Wraith. With all of the recent changes it is now a viable perk for all killers, and only less viable for Spirit. This is how it should be. Not all perks should be viable for all killers, but they also should not be so limited that they only work for a small few.

P.S. if I were to make any change, I would make Sloppy Butcher and Bloodhound a single perk. They really should be a single perk, but that’s for the devs to decide.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 7,020

Sloppy would be even more meta than it is now