Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is Beast of Prey an underrated perk?

2»

Comments

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,602

It's okay to be wrong, OP. That's what you are, and that's okay. If it helps you, cool, but maths, sense, and the experience of others each do not agree with you.

• Leonardo1itaLeonardo1ita Member Posts: 1,491

Give it a try! Yes, Ruin undying deadlock corrupt probably better.

But worse than enduring/brutal? I wouldn't say immediately, let's see

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,079

There's one thing I want to try with it but keep forgetting to which is run it on ghostface and see if survivors assume I'm back in my regular stealth and start paying more attention to trying to break me out than the chase. Other than that I don't see much point in it.

I'm not saying it's strong, I'm saying it's underrated. Maybe a 3 star perk, and in some particular maps even 4 stars. In some maps tho it's 1 star because they can see you at almost every loop

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,602

Yeah, we hear what you're saying.

What we're saying is you're over-rating it - by the metric you just gave, by about 2 stars.

Despite what you seem to think, Terror Radius isn't a primary function in chases from the survivor end. The best part of the Undetectable status is the loss of the red stain, but the reality of the situation is that any and all bloodlust dependence is a technical loss on the part of the killer; it's one of if not the most counterable mechanic in the game, on top of requiring a time investment which killers simply can't afford even in mid-tier play.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,369

That doesn't really address the problem of what I'm saying. You don't get to choose when Beast of Prey goes online. When you do get it to trigger, you gotta hope that you're in a position where you can take advantage of it. If you aren't, your options are to either let it go to waste or deliberately wait until a situation for you to use it comes up (neither of which are good).

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,214

I can see the point you make. It can definitely be an underrated perk to end chases that are already taking quite long (considering Bloodlust), but I just don't know if it's worth the slot instead of other chase perks.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 6,637
    edited November 2021

Ever been chased by a killer when Tinkerer prompts? Not much changes. Chase music pretty much takes the place of the terror radius. Red stain hiding is already widely used so survivors are already adapted to not relying on it.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 3,703

In fact having the red stain can allow you to sometimes mindgame a survivor by intentionally showing the stain at an entrance, then backing up in the other direction. Without that stain that kind of bluff is slightly harder because you have to actually walk all the way up to the entrance.

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,369

Personally I run it all the time for the Bloodpoint boost! :D

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 966
    edited November 2021

Beast of prey: Now randomly becomes undetectable while in a chase for 3,4,5 secs each 5 secs

Once it's activated it's activated. You don't lose chases that easily, if the survivor is near even on the other side of a wall.

Terror radius takes place in a chase.

If it's so counterable being undetectable, how do they know in which direction you're going when behind a wall?

They don't, simply.

Most of the situations where you can see over a pallet are mindgamable, mostly.

So if it's a god pallet you break it, if it's a classic mindgamable pallet you mindgame it with skill and prediction, if it's a big thick long wall jungle gym you use beast of pray once they forced you to at least bloodlust 1 using the window.

With the new jungle gyms introduced "recently"( actually it's been a while now lol), even there there is always the same trick of changing direction you can pull off

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,369

You don't lose chases that easily, but that doesn't mean that you'll be in a good position to use it when you activate it. What are you going to do then, wait it out in a single chase and lose gens in the process? The effect is not bad in a vacuum, but IMO you severely underestimate how restricted the perk is by being tied purely to bloodlust.

Fair enough, maybe if used in maps like autohaven maybe you don't get a chance to use it, and since pallets in the centre are almost 50/50s perhaps unrelenting unrelenting could even do a better job at risking swings that if failed give distance to the survivor (again, this on killers like legion/pig/wraith/Myers/Oni (to secure that first hit) where you don't have a chasing power (not Freddy because when they're asleep they don't hear the terror radius so you just have to hide the red stain)), but even on maps like Cowshed where there are a lot of safe pallets other than the jungle gyms, if they don't expect that when you're at a jungle gym, that's a free hit.