Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

survivors need to understand why killers camp/tunnel

Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,077

It's already hard enough to get kills right now without doing any of those tactics.

Comments

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,077

I'm not talking about feelings or wanting to make one side's game fun. That's not the point I'm making.

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

Swf is biggest problem, not gen rush.

It's day and night when u compare Swf and SoloQ.

I can get multiple kills against solo almost every game while against Swf with map offerings and coms it feels like it's time to surrender.

If anything needs to be changed it's swf. 4 man squad shouldn't exist.

Thing is we know nothing is gonna be done about SWF. And my killer matches during the day also seem a little more chill but after dinner hours it's all sweaty matches.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 726

Its ok we know why and we understand, all i will say is hopefully one day you can become a more skillful killer. Praying for you.

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069
    edited November 2021

I just avoid 4 man squads as much as i can. I don't mind going 2+2 because there's bunch of funny things can happen, but 4 man is usually very boring. It's either I 4k them because i find weakling, or end up with 0-2 kills with completely boring game i regret playing. Because it becomes full time hide and seek which is boring.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,362

You're acting as if the average killer player is any better

Majority of the player base is new, meaning the majority of both sides are inexperienced.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I am still having fun with killer. If I play 10 games a night 8-9 are 3k gave hatch. I used to think it was because I played so many different killer that my MMR was going up slower than it should. However they all should be really close to the same MMR. I rarely have to proxy or quickly remove but I will if the situation is too good to pass.

Yesterday played 5 games with Nemesis only losing 1 game which I played terrible on a terrible map and they were good. Just took to much time to build up mutation and couldn't hit with tentacle to save my life this game. Played one with Clown which was a 3k gave hatch. Played one with Doc (not a fan) one of my lesser played killers and got a 3k last survivor escaped on his own.

Switched to survivor after this and first game was a tunneling Nemesis. Turned my game off after that.

• Killer_NPCKiller_NPC Member Posts: 36

Dude, in like last 100 games i played with survivor i maybe came across entitled killer once or twice that said ######### like "nice genrush you guys are cringe af, toxic flashlight clickers" which is not what happens when i play killer and even if i don't facecamp or tunnel they still feel that i didnt play the way they wanted me to..

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,487

Never said otherwise, but the thread is more about survivors understanding of camping and tunneling and I was posting from my experience.

It took me a long time to dabble in killer and see the game from their eyes. It’s just there is a huge survivor echo chamber here in the forums that like to drown out opposing views by lumping them all out as “killer mains” wanting easy games.

yeah that's fair. But when you're camping for a kill you'll have those survivors who will do anything at all to get everyone out and it all ends up backfiring on them.

• Killer_NPCKiller_NPC Member Posts: 36

Solution to all this is just to ignore it, after the game is over press continue and move on, dont read chat.

Survivors can't stand killer getting 1k even, they do all they can to try to save 1 person and never care about killer's experience of the game so neighter should killers , there is like so many arguments for it out there, here is few:

1. If 1 person is repairing the gen and gen is at 70-80% and killer chases the person away, do you go to finish that gen or do you start a new one? Ofcourse you go to finish it same way the killer will go for person that is dead on hook or easier to kill or worst at looping to secure 1k and slow game down since it is much much harder to kill someone than it is to hold m1 on a generator.
    2. If killer can't get a kill by the endgame did you ever feel the need to go and give yourself as a sacrifice to killer to make him feel better or to make his experience at the game better ? NOPE . you probably felt the need to teabag him at the gate while spaming flashlight and type something among the lines of "ggez baby killer" in the endgame chat so dont expect any mercy on some unwriten survivor rule book.
    3. How about get better at looping and escaping chases so maybe you can make killer less likely to focus you since you are easy down to counter that tunneling action.
    4. Facecamping killers take huge punishment if you genrush them , they get 1k and 3 people escape through door so that is -20 MMR, they get Entity Disspleased endscreen so that is -1 pip , and they get under 10k bloodpoints. Wont feel good when it happens to you but they will understand why facecamping is bad idea. BUT SURVIVORS BE LIKE "oH nO wE CaN'T LeT tHe KiLleR geT 1K lEt's gO FoR SaVE anD MakE thIS 1K inTo A 3K , tHaT wiLL TeAcH hiM !!! "
  • VicThorVicThor Member Posts: 347

Why is it healthier? Trust me it's not something I enjoy from killer side.

• KyxlectKyxlect Member Posts: 230

Yeah and it's implied that they're actually going to give solo queue Survivors a buff to "bridge the gap" according to their most recent Q&A. So in other words it's just gonna get worse.

But eventually you get destroyed. At least survivors can give up the game, killer can't. I do play survivor as well but face camping with 5 gens happens like only 10-15% of my games.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,118

Likewise, genrushing happens only 10-15% of my killer matches.

And you wouldn't have to give up the game, because the entire problem with genrushing is that it ends the match so quickly. You're not stuck idling for 2 minutes.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2021

I honestly think the complaints about both sides are pretty much equal, except for the usual Nerf NoeD or monthly Sluzzy post.

I agree that tunneling and camping aren’t fun, but what can be done to discourage killers from doing them while still keeping their player agency? I never thought about it until another player explained it to me.

I don’t think anything other than encouraging the killer to leave the hook, by providing incentives, would work. Trying to have the game force the killer away against their will will just be more hand holding and make the survivor role easier and killer role more difficult, which will kill the game.

As far as balance goes, unless the devs decide to grow some balls and change core mechanics, this is the best we will ever be at.

*Off topic, I love your name.

You are right gen rush is not as common, however survivors can stretch the chase so long, that you can't stop gens popping. (It feels horrible as killer)

Neither the survivor has to wait 2 min. As far as I know the first hook stage is 60 sec, then you can miss two skill checks. Camping is an issue if Bubba is the killer, hard to counter. Most of the other killers can be countered.

By the way do you consider camping unfair, if 1 gen or no gen left?

• OscarnatorOscarnator Member Posts: 307

Killers need to understand why we go with SWF and use only meta perks. There are only like 5-7 “good” perks and escaping is already hard enough with dumb, room temperature IQ solo Q teammates.

I can win plenty of survivor matches without second chance perks. It actually makes me feel like I earned those escapes.

• OscarnatorOscarnator Member Posts: 307

I can win many killer games without meta perks or killers. Huntress and Trap main btw.