Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Are killers having fun anymore?

Comments

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,489

The last part is a big problem with things and why balancing for low level survivors is incredibly unfair to the other side and makes it unfun. The game is designed in a way so that low skill survivor players basically always have a chance even if they are extremely bad. But the mechanics that cause this exist at the high level, too, so the really really good players also have access to all these second chance and "help the survivor" changes that have been made. It's not fun to learn to play a killer when the game is designed in a way that you are handicapped and the survivor will be given preferential treatment (such as how basically validation favors survivors) even if you are really good at your killer and skilled with them. This makes it feel like getting good at a killer is pointless, since survivors don't even need to learn how to loop or get good to beat high level killers. The game has been balanced in a way to elevate the bad players to a level they aren't at and let them compete against far better players. But what is put in the game to give these bad players such a chance can equally be used by the actual good survivor players. And when they use those tools made largely for the bad players, it makes said good players basically unstoppable.

• shyguyyshyguyy Member Posts: 297

Is anyone having fun anymore? I'd like to think the answer is probably not.

• Wampa1Wampa1 Member Posts: 152

Not if you realise you won’t get a 4K every game and have fun,I think killers actually earn more BP on the whole but get less pips which should probably be looked at.

• ImposeImpose Member Posts: 400

No. Not really. With the legion of Nurse bugs in the game. Deathslinger reduced to ashes. Boon totems now in the game. Medkits surging in popularity. Massive map reworks that just blatantly favor survivors. I used to play Killer to relax, now I play survivor to relax from having to try hard in my killer games. Survivor is an absolute joke in difficulty

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 832

Depends on the day for me.

• themoobs1984themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Having a lot of fun. I don't let the teabagging or flashlight clicking bother me. It's a pixelated character crouching... Rubbing their taint on a dirty ground. I also turned off my messages to only friends a long time ago so no hate messages from emotionally challenged people.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,401

can someone add you as a friend and message or do you have to add them do you know??

• I still play killer and have plenty of fun

• KharKhar Member Posts: 640

It's gotten dull. It's just gens getting done super quick unless you use slow down, and even then you have survivors running the same overused perks. Both sides are really growing stale, honestly. At least with boon totems I've switched to survivor to have fun using those. Killer, though, just is a sweatfest.

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

i got 0 seconds killer ques, and 10 minutes survivor ques

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,489

Depends on the hours you try queuing. If I try queuing right now for survivor (10 pm my time) the average wait is about 3 and a half minutes. For killer it's about 10 seconds. This changes after about 2 am and then goes back to long killer queues and short survivor ones until like 6 pm.

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,149

I enjoy playing games that challenge me.

Dead by Daylight no longer challenges me.
  • lordfartlordfart Member Posts: 538

I am. Mostly because getting a 4k usually isn't my aim when playing, it's to have fun. Those few matches where I do try to kill everyone has been admittedly harder than I'm used to lately, but then I just go back to having fun and messing around instead of worrying about the results.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 816

Depends on the situation. I've accepted that im mostly never going to kill them all, sometimes none. Is killing more annoying now...yes it is especially on the killers i play with. I used to be 50/50 surv/killer but nowdays im more like 70/30 surv /killer.

Honest though i find survivor to be boring nowdays. It feels sometimes too easy with boons and 500 pallets on some maps.

Survivors attitude has a lot to do if i have fun. If you are toxic tea bagger yeah im not going to have fun but if you are nice i dont care if lost i say gg and move along.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,709

I think the killer queue time is horrible due to MMR because it hasnt changed since they implemented it. It takes too long everytime even every part of the day for me.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,416

Not really unless I'm playing nurse(learning) or running decent killer full meta. Gens just fly and pallets fall. Any time I try to mess around and try non meta my matches last like 4 minutes with like 2 hooks.

I think prove thyself needs to be kill switched there's no reason for the survivors to make gens go any faster than they already do and then there's toolboxes which are ever thanks to CoH.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,887

I don't think many are jumping to survivor as much as they are just downright quitting and playing other games at the moment until something changes.

• FilthyLegionMainFilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

I am monke brain. I just want stab. No care of hooks.

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited November 2021

No.

And when playing survivor, i have noticed a huge skill decrease in the killer population. So from what i can see, it's obvious that the majority of high skilled killers have stopped playing and SBMM working as it is matches my high MMR survivor against lower MMR killers as there are less and less high MMR killers playing.

Dunno if my experience is shared among the whole high skilled EU community. Last good killers i have played against were True and a well known french streamer, both lost the trial...

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

I don't know about french guy, but Tru3 with all his complains about MMR is playing more for fun rather for 4K. If u mute him and watch his game. He is not perfect and don't sweat to win. He is trying to make his games entertaining but problem is his auditory is so huge Ego boys that he has to talk about MMR over and over.

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Ye he didn't camp nor tunnel that game but he has played perfectly in chases and map pressure, still he couldn't win.

With camping/tunneling it would have been different but not being able to win when you play perfectly without using broken mechanics is a big flaw in the DbD design.

• Unicorn_scarecrowUnicorn_scarecrow Member Posts: 62

Agree that being killer isn't fun anymore.

I haven't played the game since last Thursday. I had just had surgery the day before and was still really tired from the anesthesia.

I chose to play killer so that I wouldn't have anyone relying on me the condition I was in and I didn't plan to take the matches seriously as killer. Just playing for fun.

I was bronze and kept getting 4 man iridescent teams. There is no longer any fun to be had in matches with iridescent players (based on my experience).

Before the update, people would have fun when given the indicators that I wasn't there to win. None of the indicators worked in these last matches I played, they simply didn't care to let me farm too.

In each match the gameplay was very similar. The first 3 gens popped super fast, then they would come find me. I would be flashlight spammed and body blocked when in chase, and they would essentially take turns trying to run me for then BP then take off. They popped the last gens then pallet spam if one was near the exit, then they stand at the gate until the last second ran out.

I purposely never hit anyone in any of these matches but in each match they were all playing as if had been a toxic killer.

In my 5th attempt at a fun match, I dc'd.

I haven't played again since. The game just feels so unbalanced for the first time since EGC. It just isn't fun anymore. Playing solo survivor like I do isn't much better either tbh.

• DangerScouseDangerScouse Member Posts: 944

Yes. Having lots of fun now as insidious Bubba.

Lots of camping hooked survivors or even waiting by an exit gate (my favourite). Gens all get rushed in no time now anyway, so you don't have to wait it out at a gate long to surprise some poor survivor and face camp them. Add some NOED for extra spice.

I sincerely recommend the exit gate strategy.

• ThytuzThytuz Member Posts: 47

I'm rank 1 both killer an survivor and i can tell you that since the MMR update this game is not fun anymore (don't even get me started on boons).

Playing a survivor? Prepare to get camped/tunnel from the very beggining.

Playing as killer? If you don't use the meta killers/perks just prepare to lose the game in 5 mins (if you dont camp/tunel).

It's really not fun every match having to run the same perks (both killers and survivors) or play just like 3 killers out of 25 because they are the only ones that can do anything in the game right now.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,401
  • douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Not enjoying the game as killer anymore like I said in another post I prefer playing solo q survivor than I do killer.

• coley_219coley_219 Member Posts: 310

no, i am not having fun. My killer mmr is too high for my real skill and my survivor mmr is too low. They totally got it backwards for me.