Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

When you say the devs favour survivors, remember this patch

Comments

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,947

Maybe because when a killer dcs its an automatic escape for survivors, and if all 4 survivors DC its an automatic loss for the kilers

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 3,333
    edited November 2021

The devs can still have a bias when buffing/fixing things for the one side (I don't think they have a conscious bias personally but they absolutely have a bias to buff/nerf for lower level play, which is almost always going to be buffs to help baby survivors and nerfs to hurt killers who stomp said baby survivors).

• cantelopecantelope Applicant Posts: 343

I find any that are between two things are a pain in the ass, specifically between two barrels, two trees two rocks etc.

One was finicky enough that even though I could see the prompt for a millisecond I can't mash the button hard enough to force it.

I also main clown so maybe it's his ######### gut again.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 6,715

Yeah, the one I couldn’t snuff was when I was Clown on the Game. Guess he couldn’t fit his jiggly belly in there. 🤷‍♂️

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,745

They fixed the Clairvoyance bug, big sad. :c

• StrykerStryker Member Posts: 220

coff decisive stryke and hatch/keys coff coff, welcome tot he club, these were huge, HUGE problems....that killers had to bear over the years..

a mechanic that doesn't work due to a bug is one thing, but a broken mechanic implemented by the devs, that destroys the game balance and people start over-abusing it, it's another matter...

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited November 2021

Oh no, the devs did a bare minimum change for the better regarding killers during a QoL pass, alongside 5 survivor-side improvements - and following some hefty nerfs to killers and boons (not the perk type, though the Boons are a boon) to survivors in the latest real updates. All while leaving a potentially moderate killer, moderate survivor, and potentially severe survivor issue in play.

These passes trend toward mild nerfs toward killers or fairly even to both sides. It's the bigger updates which trend toward more heavily favouring survivors - but all killers really need is for lower tier killers to be buffed, rather than nerfs and lateral moves which seem to be the dev's forte. Survivors need a lot of tuning to get everyone up to speed, and deserve some decent QoL too.

EDIT: also, sad to see the "pushing with Clairvoyance" bug gone. It was a funny soft-counter to camping :P

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,552

Can you blame people here? There are plenty of issues being called out on specific mechanics or perks, and you have people say "doesnt matter, killer is weaker in so many different locations to compensate for worse mechanics".

As long as killers keep whining that survivors dont deserve a Quality of Life update, like a ping system, survivors are never going to be happy for killer changes. Just like survivors who keep whining that killers dont need any changes, like perhaps a basekit Fire Up for all killers, killers are never going to be happy for survivor changes.

Just look at the last patch alone, people are still complaining that boon totems are too OP because they can be reapplied. I mean, would you be happy if you could reapply Ruin by standing next to a totem for 6 seconds? Ofcourse not, that's going to take away more time than you can gain unless that totem can survive for long enough, let alone that survivors wont really be affected untill you personally go to that totem, it simply wouldnt really be worth doing in the vast majority of cases. Same reasoning is applied to boons, except that survivors are given the option to infinitely reapply it so that survivors can make more mistakes. That is literally what boons are: creating more oppertunities for survivors to make mistakes. It is in 95% of the cases better to heal someone under a hook than to run to the nearest boon totem to heal up. It is in 95% of the cases better to look in a chest and hope for a medkit than it is to go for a boon totem.

Yet, people still claim it is broken(aka, stronger than meta), when it is not.

So ofcourse survivors are going to be salty when boons, which arent actually that powerful, instantly recieved a fix that allowed killers to snuff them, when survivors had to deal with 5 years of uncleansable Ruin, uncleansable Devour, uncleansable NOED and more recently uncleansable Crowd Control. It sometimes took 5+ months for these spots to be fixed, maps not even being disabled even if there was an uncleansable totem.

So the point of "when you say the devs favour survivors, remember this patch" is a very correct point, just like there are patches that point out "when you say the devs favour killers, remember this patch". The devs dont favour any side, the devs favour what is balanced. Spirit wasnt touched for nearly a year after most of the mechanics that made her high A tier(bigger maps, toolboxes being stronger, prove thyself and leader being stronger, etc) were nerfed. Making her equally powerful to nurse, if not more powerful in a lot of other circumstances. Why wasnt she touched? Perhaps because the reason why she wasnt touched, was because there were 30 cosmetics for her that needed to be sold?

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 3,524

"It seems you have played 20 survivor games in a row, please play at least 5 killer games to re-enable survivor games."

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 3,524

Btw, the only uncleansable Hexes ive ever known of where on the new Coldwinds when it released, and they were fixed within one patch cycle.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326
    edited November 2021

The hex totems that couldn't be cleansed as survivor are a myth as it was really rare to happen. Nothing compared to the issue with boons. I can't remember the last time it happened to me, probably 1 or 2 in 2k hours...

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,995

I have seen the error of my ways, clearly they only care about killer mains because they fixed a bug that was supposed to already be fixed. Thanks for talking some sense into me, Duck.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

Try dying on hook when you are slugged and the killer intentionally lets you to bleed out.

• VicThorVicThor Member Posts: 341

Slugging rarely happens. Which reason do you play at?

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,191

I remember coming across maybe 1 uncleansable totem, never an uncleansable hex. But I have seen several unsnuffable totem spots since boons came out. So this is a double standards situation, but not for the reasons you're thinking.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

Took them like 3 days to disable dead dawg again due to an uncleansable hex. Took, what, two weeks to do much about unsnuffable boons? They didn't even disable the maps like they did dead dawg when it had an uncleansable totem. They just made it so you couldn't spam offerings for the busted spawn maps. If they were even fair they'd disable both boons with the killswitch until they figure this out. Wasn't that the point of the killswitch? Turn off broken stuff so we aren't forced to deal with it?

• DarKStaR350zDarKStaR350z Member Posts: 604

Didn't see you mention this but its an important distinction - Hexes aren't placed by the killer, nor can they be replaced.

So if a Hex is in an uncleansable spot, its totally random and really just bad luck.

If the match happens to be on a map with an uncleansable totem in the right spot, survivors can choose to bless that spot knowing the killer will be unable to cleanse it.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,471

I'm glad they fixed it. That would cause more issues mainly being able to push the killer into pallets or away from hooks. That bug would also cause alot of people to get banned for exploiting a known bug to gain a advantage over others

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,831

slugging does happen very often when going for the 4k. but not to let survivors bleed out intentionally. That's a waste of time for the killer and survivor.

• cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 1,092

Happens literally all the time, but I'll leave it there since this wasn't even the topic of the discussion.

• VicThorVicThor Member Posts: 341

Based on my survivor experience it’s not that common at all, maybe because my friends are lower MMR. Except if someone goes for the 4k.

If slugging would be common, I would see 4 deadhards all the time on the endscreen.

Communicating through memes is not so productive and sophisticated.

• ObscurityDragonObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

If you wanna make it us vs them...

Remember that when à hex totem cant be cleansed the devs deactivate the map to fix it à fiew days/weeks later

For the boons tho they only deactivated the offering, you can still Play on the problematic maps

But yeah having one solution of short time makes the game now killer qided i guess lol