Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Brainstorm - What would you want Character Prestige to improve on?

A little post that wants to ask what you would like to see come from Character prestige, to make it more enticing to do rather than simply being a "checklist".

Personally, I'd like to see:

• Prestige of a Character permanently unlocks the T3 version of one of their Core Perks for the loadouts of all other Characters of the respective role. (As in pre-unlocked, no Bloodweb chase needed)
  • Discarded Offerings/Items/Addons converted to an Iridescent Shard amount
  • Event Offerings/Items/Addons are not discarded
  • A Charm for that specific Character prestige (possibly dynamic to allow for infinite scaling?)

I'm curious as to what others would want to see from prestige reworks?

Comments

• apathyincapathyinc Member Posts: 368

I would like each level of prestige to make all the base perks available. For example for survivor, prestige 1 would unlock level 1 of all base perks (Kindred, Small Game, Slippery Meat, etc.). Prestige 2 will unlock all base perks at level 2, and P3 all level 3. That's it, just give the stupid base perks with each prestige.

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

I want every character to be unique after prestiging. Some little passives like WOW race abilities to spice up gameplay

• VerconisspVerconissp Member Posts: 1,293

....Hmmm

• Prestieging a Character Grants 5% / 10% / 15% More Bloodpoints Per trial I.E Instead of like 32k it goes up to like.. maybe 40k or sumthing..
    • Having a discount each prestiege, I.E 2.500 for Common 3.500 for Uncommon 4.500 for Rare 5.500 for Very Rare and 6.500 For Ultra Rare and it's lowered by 500 per prestiege,
    • Less commons in your bloodweb, More actual addons. I.E Rares Very Rares Ultra Rares and Uncommons, Some Commons here and there but not As much.
    • Custom Markings on your Character that shows you committed a full Prestiege, I.E Like a Small Glow spot on a character that isn't concealed by Cosmetics,
  • AnObserverAnObserver Member Posts: 747
    • Prestieging a Character Grants 5% / 10% / 15% More Bloodpoints Per trial I.E Instead of like 32k it goes up to like.. maybe 40k or sumthing..
    • Having a discount each prestiege, I.E 2.500 for Common 3.500 for Uncommon 4.500 for Rare 5.500 for Very Rare and 6.500 For Ultra Rare and it's lowered by 500 per prestiege,

These two seem a bit redundant together.

• Less commons in your bloodweb, More actual addons. I.E Rares Very Rares Ultra Rares and Uncommons, Some Commons here and there but not As much.

Eh, sure.

• Custom Markings on your Character that shows you committed a full Prestiege, I.E Like a Small Glow spot on a character that isn't concealed by Cosmetics,

This is where Charms can come into play, and can be used cross-role and cross-character to show "prestige" of your favorites.

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723
    edited November 2021

I think it would be useful and incentivizing if you got the ability to craft better addons/items/offerings from ones you didn't want. Something along the lines of

Prestige 1: You can discard 3 unwanted addons/offerings/items for a random addon/offering/item of one rarity higher

Prestige 2: If there is a directly better version of an addon/offering/item one rarity tier higher, then sacrificing 2 or 3 of the lower level versions will give you the one tier higher version

Prestige 3: Unlocks certain crafting recipes such as all yellow bloodpoint offerings combined together make a survivor pudding or escape cake.

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

Charms sucks. I prefer something like crown which you can use with all cosmetics

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

Don't touch it. It's currently not worth doing and I don't want it to be grind to X before u play. Or maybe give something like steam cars or cosmetics. Anything that has nothing to do with gameplay and grind.

• AnObserverAnObserver Member Posts: 747

The concept of a prestige system is literally about grind. You are not going to be able to avoid that.

But yeah, I don't think it should offer core-gameplay stat-sticks either.

Perhaps then they can expand on more "accessory" slots outside of simply charms. The only bugger being trying to keep an aesthetic in-line with DBD's atmosphere.

IMO that would probably be better of on a generic bloodweb/blood market rework instead of being tied behind prestige.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,367

Add a 4th prestige. Once unlocked all perks in the web start at level 3 and purple/green items are more common

What you unlock: A bloody version of the Chibi charm for said survivor/killer