Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What one fix improvement or change would you implement immediately.

There are many but I think a good place to start is with the MMR.

Comments

• Wampa1Wampa1 Member Posts: 138
  • El_GingeroEl_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Make NOED base kit.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,003

Make medkits actually work

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,955
    edited November 2021

I’d like to see the end game screen changed so that instead of seeing everybody’s Grades (which aren’t used for matchmaking) you see 5% percentile brackets for the hidden MMRs. It would give a more accurate picture of where the system estimates you and your opponents are skill-wise, plus it would allow you to see how your own rating varies between different killers. And it would clear up some of the confusion on the boards when people talk about Grades being out of whack in a match thinking that the Grades are used for the matchmaking.

I have no strong opinion on good or bad the MMR is. Personally my own matches seem fine under MMR, but I have no objective dataset to look over from the game to declare what issues the MMR has or doesn’t have on a broad scale compared to the system it replaced. Mismatches can happen for all sorts of reasons, not just a problem in the algorithm, but also due to things like swfs and ragequits lowering ratings and brand new players maybe being initially set to be “average” which could put them too high initially, etc. It can also be caused by a lack of enough very high skill or very low skill players online to reliably match against each other in a reasonable timeframe, or by just dumb bad luck. Without a way to actually see your own relative rating bracket and your opponents and a way to set up a database of randomly selected matches at various skill levels it’s extremely difficult to make objective declarations about how balanced matches are or should be.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,492

Remember when dailly missions used to give 100 000 bp

I remember

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,589

Remove the blood point cap in each category.

• MichealMicheal Member Posts: 288
    edited November 2021

Put mettle of man to its formula glory

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 7,426

im being genuinely serious with this

Make feral frenzy a lethal power again

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,848

Nuke the grind from orbit, my first change is...

... thank you, we're on the same page here 😄

• BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Make killers 5% faster (except for nurse), baseline kick naturally deals 5% gen regression and regression after that is now the same as tier 1 ruin minimum.

These changes are mostly aimed at:

• Dealing with how safe some pallets are as equally as possible for all killers
    • Dealing with larger maps
    • Creating a better back and forth over gens naturally
    • Make gen tapping a more strategic choice instead of always the best choice (because the perks that are meant to punish gen tapping are so laughably garbage, looking at you overcharge.)
  • KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,495

Yea, MMR would be first to go. SWF in public matches would be second. They can get a 5th and do KWF.

• Lochnload_exeLochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,255

If I could change anything instantly, I would try to do big that has been a large problem for a while. I would shorten and shrink all maps by a good margin, a little bigger than Dead Dawg Saloon. This would not only make Killer much better, but is a change survivors also would enjoy.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited November 2021

Can I get two?

BattlEye level anticheat with appropriate game logs, and if I get that second one let's change Escape-Based Match Making to Emblem-Based Match Making - you can still have an MMR, but based on how well you actually do.

• TurboTOneTurboTOne Member Posts: 263

i actually made a Post about that. Take a Look and tell me what you think about it ;)

• Wampa1Wampa1 Member Posts: 138

Very well said.Don’t totally agree but like some of the idea your putting forward.

• Khelendrose2020Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 187

Remove MMR immediately.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,100
    edited November 2021

I’d fix performance issues.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,392

I's make a market to turn in things used less...

Like BP offerings... 4 Brown for 1 Yellow and so on and so forth