Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Oni's 180° turn: feature or exploit?

2»

Comments

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,758
    edited November 2021

I dont think its intended, especially since it cant be done with controllers, same as old Blight turns, they should really look into some of the "techs" out there and state clearly which ones are intended, which are not but they let them to turn into features and which ones are not intended and plan to fix in the ¿near? future.

European keyboards have º and ª key left to the 1 key.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,214

Exploit. You can only do it with a mouse. He used to have 180 degrees flicks on PTB and it was nerfed for a reason.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,016

I can hit round corners on console easily. Haven't tried the 180° trick that Otz did in a recent vid.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,137

180? I can do like 90º. I guess it's just a feature like the nurse blink perma exhaustion. Until they change it like Blight's jflick keep using it.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,108
    edited November 2021

I can confirm as an Oni main that this doesnt work like that and no its not an exploit.

Turning your camera has nothing to do with your amount of the flick, its not like blight. Your camera turn has a hard cap that they implemented shortly after the PTB. How you actually 180 and you can even 360 like that is by using your keyboard movement buttons. You have to kind of do a side steb with either D and W or A and W and swing at the same direction.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,331

It's an exploit because the devs never acknowledged it as intended.

However, I say just keep it. It takes 10 times more skill than the old J-flick (which already took skill to begin with), it has counterplay (once you know he's a flicking Oni), and it's really rare to come across one because of how punishing it is to miss. When I get Oni 180'd I can't help but applaud them.

• ObscurityDragonObscurityDragon Member Posts: 687

With à little wall the survivor hugs, you can do the 180 and get past the wall and still hit

With 90 you would stop rather quickly

Otz made à vidéo about that monthes ago