Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.4.0 PTB Feedback

Am i the only one who thinks the artist is weak?

Maybe I just didn't understand her power but apparently she can only down from behind walls if they already have the swarm effect? I only played 2 matches against her and 1 match as her, so I can't be completely sure. Also the cooldown is too long after u hit a survivor with a crow, I don't want to sound entitled or anything but please teach me how to play this killer or something because everyone thinks she's really good. Or is there a specific trick for her power or something, please educate me

thank you.

Comments

• JamppandeerusJamppandeerus Member Posts: 31

also i think the crows were super easy to dodge

• luvcraftluvcraft Member Posts: 742
    edited November 2021

How can you say she's weak when she's identical to huntress but it takes 3 button presses to throw a hatchet and they're telegraphed for 2 seconds so the survivors can dodge? That sounds like a tier 1 killer to me!

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 3,485

I think she is alright, she denies loops and gets tons of information with her crows.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

She's pretty weak, yeah. Pretty good at 1v1, not at 1v4

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

She has insane synergy with aura perks and has quite the tracking ability. Her 1v1 is solid, it takes 4 hits to down a survivor but if you get the aim right you can counter W meta and even hit through walls. She might be high B tier or low A.

• RagingCalmRagingCalm Member Posts: 407

I notice that a lot of times, when I send a crow flying it will pass right through the survivor and not do anything - not even killer instinct. I feel like if they insanely increase the size of the hitbox she will be fine, but as is, there is a very small chance to injure survivors with her crows. Survivors can see the idle crow when you set it, so they can very easily dodge out of the way. She also suffers from Pig syndrome, where the best counterplay is to just run to the next tile and you are invincible.

i agree, the tracking is really good, but yeah as RagingCalm said, there is a very small chance to injure survivors with the crows especially through walls.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 4,713

My first impressions are very positive honestly. I just went against a player that seemed to be really good with her already.

Survivors do have the possibility to dodge her crows, but they have to predict where exactly they will fly along, and when she sends them flying. The former doesn't have to be predicted if you've got line of sight on her crow that is summoned, but even then you'll still have to try and predict when she sends the crow flying if she cuts your way off with the crow.

Not to mention that she can place up to three big crows at once.

And she actually has some good map pressure despite not having any mobility, because her ability has unlimited range, and she can send crows towards gens, anyone sitting on one of the gens then has crows flying around them, and they need to remove them first, otherwise they risk getting hit by the next wave of crows.

So she seems to have some strong chase potential while survivors also have some counterplay themselves, which is a good thing. If her chase does feel too weak, or the other way around, if her counterplay feels to slim, they can easily tweak certain aspects of her to improve that.

And on top of that, she actually has some decent map pressure.

• legacycoltlegacycolt Member Posts: 1,348

She’s incredibly good at 1v1 AND 4v1. She needs to be toned down a lot!

• madradfoxmadradfox Member Posts: 188

She is insanely strong...the only thing that's weak with regards to the Artist is how she makes survivors feel.

Not only are loops a death sentence, but so is leaving them. She is like huntress except that her hatchets can go through walls for recon, and she can plant and release them from the craziest angles and a place she doesnt have to be standing in herself.

yeah maybe i just gotta learn to play as her, but she seemed like not that op when i played surv but we will see

now that i think about it, yeah i think she is fine at the moment, just gotta learn to play her.