Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.4.0 PTB Feedback

Hex: Pentimento

EntinatyEntinaty Member Posts: 74
edited November 2021 in 5.4.0 PTB Feedback

Simply put the new Hex needs to be changed before going live as it is too easy to counter because there is no incentive to cleanse totems. How about instead of working on totems that are destroyed to instead have the ability to either turn a dull or blessed totems into rekindled hexes. It can still keep the ability to be destroyed after cleansing it.

Comments

• FuzzelsFuzzels Member Posts: 403

If anything, it's just gonna help NOED users even more since people won't be breaking dull totems. But also yeah, the entire perk is countered by survivors NOT wasting time on a dull totem. So it turns into a gamble of dealing with penti, or NOED. Either way, it's a poorly designed perk as is

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,758

I have not played the PTR but doesnt Pentimento work with regular Hex totems? because if it does you still have to cleanse those.

• ObscurityDragonObscurityDragon Member Posts: 687

I like the idea

You didnt do the 2ndaary objective (aka totems) have à noed

You do them to avoid noed? There have the new hex forcing you to keep on breaking totems

• ViamontViamont Member Posts: 288

The hex in concept its good, but in pratice its very poorly implemented...the fact it NEEDS survivor intervention to eben be played its tremendously dumb. In the courent boon meta theres no point for survivors to destroy totems unless theres a NOED or something along those lines in play, the thing is survivors complain constantly againts NOED and how unfair it is...its mind bogling devs do this kind of things.

Pentimento should work instead over boon totems and be a direct counter to them.

Survivor blesses totem, killer applies hex, survivors cleans eit the totem its gone for both sides, simple as that

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 552

I like the idea behind this perk and in theory it's strong, but in practice it just doesn't work.

A perk that requires survivor intervention to the degree that pentimento does in order for it to work is not a good perk, whether it's a hex or not. As long as any survivor on the team has a boon, you are never forced to cleanse a totem even to get rid of another hex.

Even without boons, the 5-token effect realistically has no chance of happening. Yeah, devour is also unlikely to get to 5, but there is a small possibility.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 1,178
    edited November 2021

I played the perk in the PTB with PinHead. I won every game I used it with (3 games). You wouldn't believe how many games I couldn't play because survivors DC'd.

My build was Devour Hope, Hex : Retribution, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Pentimento. The strategy that I used was to wait for there to be 1 remaining Hex doesn't matter which and then ignite the 2 totems.

The secret to my success is Thrill of the hunt. If they want to boon a totem it'll take so long that I'll get value regardless because that's a ton of slow down. And if they break the totems than I get to use Hex: Pentimento.

Once I ignite Pentimento , the game slows down considerably buying me enough time to finish things off.

• EntinatyEntinaty Member Posts: 74

Ddd they have any boon totems because they shouldn't have needed to cleanse anything. Sounds like a nice build that's fun but then it only interacts with destroyed totems.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 1,178

They did have boon totems. And TotH makes placing boon totems an absolute nightmare. And when they're interacting with a totem they become oblivious. So you can imagine how much they wanted to do that.

• EntinatyEntinaty Member Posts: 74