Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Hex : Pentimento Description was corrected (it's not as strong as we thought)

13»

Comments

• eleventbheleventbh Member Posts: 243

It made sense to me to have decent slowdown at minimal value... this is just worse.

• JacksonWiseJacksonWise Member Posts: 570

The new scourge hook perk is probably the best of the three then. Might be decent combined with Pop.

• FreshCoalFreshCoal Member Posts: 174

Pentimento should allow the killer to break boon totems when you step on them.

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 440

This shift in focus to totems and totem/boon perks recently is making me vomit.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,699

It really depends what you mean by 'good'.

There are a lot that can be good in some builds, some maps or some situations. '9' actually sounds generous for 100% good perks that don't have a significant drawback, risk or dependency.

There are definitely more unequivocally good survivor perks than killer perks.

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,187
    edited November 2021

BBQ & Chili

Tinkerer

Corrupt Intervention

A Nurse's Calling

Hex: Devour Hope

Pop Goes The Weasel

Discordance

Hex: Undying

Hex: Ruin

Thanatophobia

Franklin's Demise

Infectious Fright

Oppression

Starstruck

Lethal Pursuer

There's 15 perks that are good. If you can't make them work - that doesn't mean the perk isn't good. Just because YOU don't think they are good doesn't actually mean they aren't good. If you can't use a variety of perks to get kills - that says more about you than the perks.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 1,000

Ah. Great way to preemptively curtail any counter argument with the ole GIT GOOD schtick. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Thanat is a dead perk on every killer but plague. Survivors do not stay injured long enough to be impactful.

Infectious is only good on killers with one shots or snowball potential- harder and harder to find in these grim days. Someone full health screams. So what? On most killers you still have to find and hit them twice.

Oppression has an eighty second cooldown and is mostly negated by passing a skill check. You're kidding me.

Starstruck is only good on killers that can bypass loops with their m1 attacks- namely nurse. Survs just m1 away from you or stealth for the duration. Next.

Lethal pursuer only really shines with killers that have the mobilty to capitalize on the information given at the beginning of the match. Blight, spirit, huntress, etc.

Nurses calling is yet another outdated perk. By the time you're within range to get the benefit the survivors are already healed.

The others speak for themselves, you're correct. They are decent perks with few caveats. All eight of em. That's good variety right there. I'd even argue that Corrupt is overrated, but that's a conversation for another time.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,119

Good luck trying to keep 2 up. After they see the effects of the 1st totems the perk is dead. Besides survivors have boons which Trump the need to cleanse all totems.

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 309
    edited November 2021

on average how many kills do you have? I know, I know, survs are bad and you need to camp/tunnel, but how many?

• ObscurityDragonObscurityDragon Member Posts: 691

Yeah they gave it the twins treatment

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,119

Can't camp because I don't use hooks, kills usually range based on skill & altruism, this is with slugging but intentionally not downing all 4

0- strong teamwork

1- if they continuously botch despite altruism

1-2 if altruism is lacking

4- if everyone is out for themselves and consistently make mistakes

If I'm feeling generous, I'll play "chill" to let 3 go and only target the obsession in end game with rancor

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,563

It starts regressing too as far as I'm aware so I wonder if you can time it with dead lock.

• ShenaniganShenanigan Member Posts: 208
    edited November 2021

Yeah ugh. Nah devs changed it to 2 totems immediately after 2 days it was on the ptb. That's a red flag already for me.

Tbh playing both sides it's fun to use boon totems I won't lie, but as killer I feel the annoyance as well. I've gotten 4ks but I always let the last guy go. The only 4ks is when I go against a optimal team and runners with boon totems lit already and one generator left with pop and eruption since ruin has already been found. It's not even a win. It was just stressful.

Along with the notice of something being immediately changed on ptb after a short amount of time like that?

It's not like with the addition of boons that survivors are going to break totems. People wanna use their boon perk. Why would they want to break it? Only people without boon totems with inner strength and MAYBE small chance of clairvoyance will break your totems.

At best once survivors saw the gen speed reduction and the pentimento icon pop up on their UI they would've gone totem hunting for it. So, you'll be getting at least 1 or 2 tokens no where near the other 3 tokens.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 373

Pentimento is never going to be active, there is literally no reason for survivors to cleanse a totem with Boons being so OP. Complete waste of a perk.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 4,806

Now they're just gonna see the hex appear and simply push through the healing speed debuff via staying injured or just healing fast using their perks/items, so that they don't give the killer a 2nd stack, which is where the perk actually gets good.

• XLbuffXLbuff Member Posts: 8

I think this perk should work on Boon totems. That would make sense. Or survivors should not be able to bless Hex totems.

• farawaxyfarawaxy Member Posts: 1

Am i dumb or just confused cause it doesnt seem like a bad perk with just one of the rekindled ones you get a 30 percent decrease to gen progression which is good and 2 is a 30 percent decrease to heal progression. which doesnt seem very bad

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 612

The idea behind this perk should be that rekindled totems can't be destroyed, then it would actually be somewhat fun and it could complement a full Hex build that pressures survivors into cleansing.

But these days you barely get to see the second effect, yet alone any higher one.

I genuinely doubt that anyone will EVER make it to tier 5 in a natural game.

• NOEDENJOYERNOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 158

lmfao bhvr nerfing yet another killer perk that was actually decent/good in a specific build.