Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Bhvr is pushing killers to camp and tunnel

It seems like every patch lately they are coming out with something to shut down killer strategies. Killers try to snowball nope CoH will take that, ok well we will slug then yeah we're releasing a anti slug boon. So now the only strategies a killer has is camp and tunnel for pressure or end up with 4 hooks and a 4 man out. I don't understand what they are thinking severely wearing killer strategies but not giving us anything to make up for it. I don't like camping or tunneling but it seem like lately its the only consistent strategy to apply pressure.

Comments

• Bennett_They1ThemBennett_They1Them Member Posts: 1,784
    edited November 2021

I wasn't accusing, and tunneling and camping are legit strategies, but, I think it's best to focus on just having fun.

(honestly, my main issue with facecamping is that it's boring)

I like to get in character to avoid getting tilted, but I mean facecamping.

applying pressure to the hooked survivor is fine and legit, I just meant the strat of "I'm going to hit you on hook so I win our 3m staring contest".

I think the game would really benefit from a casual mode, or, at least alternate game modes. (to help differentiate shared storytelling from esports, since both are present)

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,420

I so agree I can't sit still in a game like that it just drives me crazy. I was just pointing out I get what you mean about not going for the 4k.

edited November 2021

I'm glad we're on the same page. :)

Maybe matchmaking is just busted for me, but, whenever I play and go for scares, I usually do better than just playing for a 4k.

Edit: however, whenever I switch archives, I always get a game that would've gotten me the one I just switched off...)

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 2,826

Job? Yes

Competitive or party game?

win or have fun.

It's just how you want to look at it.

I'm not telling anyone to relax play how you want but, I'm tired of players saying that their forced to camp and tunnel when nobody is forcing them they choose to camp and tunnel.

But, if you would relax and not take it as a job you will see that you play a lot better more focused then taking it so seriously and getting stressed out.

I'd recommend getting in character. I love getting in character, and it's my best advice for avoiding getting tilted. also, keep in mind, a clicking/tbagging survivor is a survivor who's losing distance in chase.

I won't lie i do have my days i go in trying to 3-4k as much as possible but thats just my competitive nature lol.

Playing huntress and going for shots i find even if I got 2 hooks I had fun trying to hit crazy snipes and stuff like that.

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 1,839

See, this is why I'm glad I accidentally started maining Legion when I started playing Killer.

Legion can use Frenzy and inflict Deep Wound to counter BT, DS, and UB because you can leave them in a third alternate state and have like... the equivalent of 16 stacks of STBFL on a successful Frenzy stab so body blocking with BT doesn't slow me down. Now boons have come and like... sure CoH makes healing vs Legion less of a waste of time but it still is a waste and you do still have to mend (though Thana has permanently left my build). Shadow Step doesn't block Killer Instinct and I can't see scratches anyway while in my power. Boon: Unbreakable is countered the same way and for the same reason as normal Unbreakable... I didn't slug you I just left you with Deep Wound.

Don't get me wrong, Legion has other weaknesses, but I can bring fun and interesting perks to mitigate them. I don't know of any perk or perk loadout that counters DS, BT, UB, CoH, and SS the way Frenzy can.

I do want to say that I don't think the new boon is as powerful as CoH but I do think it has the potential to be almost as strong in the situation but ill have to see it myself to know

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 618

I focus on keeping my sanity while enjoying this game so blood points are my only goal. I go with the flow and hook 'em and book from the hook. I stay on the move and change targets often. It is so much more fun to just focus on blood points and outplaying them during a chase than trying to confirm kills at all costs.

I try but you get them teams that are gen jockeys and end the game in 5 minutes and you can't stop it. My biggest problem lately is I've been waiting about 10 minutes to find a game and I end up with these guys like half the time so I sit in q longer than my game last plus I get like 12k and the best survivor got about 17k.

I always use BBQ or Live forever if survivor. I no longer run generator slow-down perks. I still defend gens but I don't really care if they decide to rush gens as I am confident in my ability to hook them all at least once and get some decent blood points in the process. If killer queues are taking long I just switch to survivor and try later.

Those are both staple perks for me as well sometimes I just find survivor boring so I end up switching to a different game I've actually been doing that alot lately. I just be jedi fallen order instead of playing dbd

DBD is best taken as a shot of whiskey. In moderation. The name of the company has always made me suspect this game is just a study of human behavior. How altruistic or selfish we choose to be when presented with different circumstances.

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 2,826

I just try to play chill I don't like to play competitive when I do I make mistakes and I let it get to me. So I remember Mr. Miyagi's breathing exercise breathe in, breathe out and I start playing better 8-9 hooks and unless they make mistakes more then likely they all escape.

I never felt the need to camp or tunnel teabagging never bother me if they did it at pallets I just leave and go hunt someone else I don't go to the exit gate unless it was an all around fun match. Flashlight warriors I never had a problem with look at a walk or I would try to bait them out. And they always seem to help me out more then their team.

If more survivors would just chill out, stop acting like Halo players circa 2011 and realize that everyone gets more BP if you play at least somewhat to have fun, this game would be a lot healthier.

I agree with you on this.

If both survivors and killers

• Alphasoul05Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2021

They're making the game unfun for everyone with their current direction. Your mentality as a killer needs to be going into every match expecting to lose and not caring because if you don't have the mindset of a general disconnect from the current meta you're going to be disappointed.

That isn't even just a killer thing. Imagine being a survivor and every game is just boring M1 holding while the killer camps/tunnels one person, resulting in you getting like no points, no fun, no anything.

Do you have any idea how many times I've played killer or survivor and the killer fails to do much all game, but gets several hooks and then 2 kills by the end of the game because the survivors just stop doing gens and mess around with the killer? Because guess what? No one gains anything from actually escaping or getting more kills, so you're actively encouraged not to. Evidently 2 survivors throwing themselves to death so commonly means the game you played and got absolutely destroyed in goes in the "balanced" statistics pile.