Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Twins are a dead Killer. Please BHVR, at least acknowledge their existence....

I'm almost certain that someone in BHVR absolutely despises this Killer because holy ######### almost every single update since they have come out has screwed them over in some way, especially with boon totems. As if COH wasn't bad enough the new boon totem that is unbreakable for everyone within its radius is going to completely ruin the Twins. Unless they receive a buff or even better yet a rework they might just become the first Killer in DBD to not be played at all.

Comments

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,230

Twins are the new Legion.

...they even released in the same time slot.

• FrostySealFrostySeal Member Posts: 506

Doesn't change the fact that in high MMR the Twins are awful. If this was before boon totems were released then yeah, I wouldn't have put up this thread since I've always managed to get a 4k with them but now that boon totems are a thing it is really difficult to snowball.

Fair enough, I absolutely hate going up against the Twins because of how they need to be played but they at least deserve to get acknowledged by BHVR with the state they're in now.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Honestly only a Freddy/Doctor level rework can save Twins. I don't see any way to make them an enjoyable killer while with their current power.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,333

Twins aren't that bad, their camping potential its still good. There are far worse killers that are really outdated like Legion, Myers and others that has been gutted by the devs like Billy (RIP) and Pig.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

Pre boon totems they were doing quite well. However boon totems have completely destroyed their only viable play style and it’s about to get worse once the new chapter gets here. We at least need better boon counter options. Currently all we have is ToTH which is quite mediocre itself. Honestly ToTH shouldn’t be a hex perk itself. Then it would actually be decent boon slow down. The even better fix to boons without requiring a band aid fix of wasting one of our perk slots would be to make totems break after snuffing out a boon. This keeps them strong but on a limited supply. I really dislike the continuous hits to Twins when they’re already the least played killer in the game. Aside from myself I don’t think I’ve played against a Twins in over a month and I literally play all day, every day.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 4,285

Twins have massive cooldowns for virtually everything they do. Succeed, fail, switch, you're on a delay when you do it. They're insanely clunky to play and it's what makes slugging a necessity - they have more trouble hooking their downs than any other killer in the game. In fact, if you down a survivor with Victor in the newest boon zone, if Charlotte is more than 32m away, they will get back up before you can reach them. And CoH makes it so that survivors are rarely wandering around injured anymore, which was necessary for their playstyle to work.

They're virtually unseen in the wild and despised when they do make a rare appearance. Trickster's had 4 times as many new outfits as they have despite being released half as long. Easily BHVR's red-headed stepchild, which is... sadly appropriate for their lore. Reviled wherever they go.

They need a full rework. Possibly making use of the relatively new AI to make the other twin function while idle.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,333

Yeah that problem already existed before boons, so i can imagine how CoH just makes it even worse for Twins. Obviously bad design although CoH is literally the new MoM, the devs needs to do someting about boons. Infinite relit needs to go.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 7,739

My only wish for the Twins is to have a legendary skin where Victor is an animated evil ventriloquist dummy in a tuxedo.

Come on, that possessed ventriloquist dummy slasher killer thing is classic! 😄

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,956

In conclusion fix Nemesis

• AltarfAltarf Member Posts: 1,043

Kind of wish Victor was able to snuff Boon Totems. Would give them a niche and a counter to them, considering how Boons currently annihilate the Twins and they're so inefficient that they physically do not have time to find boons.

Would also be nice if you could switch back to Charlotte during Victor's successful pounce animation, and that Charlotte's wake-up animation was faster/movement during it faster. Ironically their "anti-slugging" measure just makes you want to slug more because downing and picking up with Victor takes like 30+ seconds between down and hook.

• Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 520

Wait, we can't have a Twins discussion without the Lore Guy! @PixelBush , I summon thee!!!

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,570

I'd say they need a full Freddy level rework, *especially* considering boon totems. Their level of inefficiency can only be made up via slugging/pressuring multiple survivors, and boons don't really allow for that.

Not to mention, I can't recall a killer so rarely played as the Twins. I think I've seen one in the last two or three months. Generally not considered fun for either side.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,395

I can't say ive ever escaped a twins. I play solo and we get destroyed by twins every time. Probably faced her 10 times if that.

• BadLooperQBadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

Nice

• RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 641

I play Twins from time to time and for me it's all the time you lose from playing her correctly. 8 second stun on successful pounce and then switching over to Charlotte, Then Walking over to the downed survivor to find they're healthy again in a boon zone or some other survivor has picked them up before Charlotte can physically get there. Some sloppy effect is pretty much required on her once you start climbing MMR, and that's before boons came out. They've essentially destroyed Twins with this new Boon that's about to be released. They either need to go back to the drawing board with Twins or Make Boons Temporary / Limited in the amount of times it can be used or simply allow a killer to destroy a totem.

• PassarinoTPassarinoT Member Posts: 903

Did they not get reworked since they came out? I haven't played in a long while, but I recall seeing a leaked add-on that hinted at a rework. The add-on suggested something like Victor's pounce being fully charged would trigger a new action of some sort.

Nope, they didn't get reworked at all. Not sure whatever happened to those changed addons but I do remember it was a really long time ago.

• BaldursGate2BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

If camping is mandatory, the killer sucks. It sucks for the killer to use this cheap tactic and it sucks the fun out of the survivors.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 4,914

They won't be getting a buff anytime soon. I think it's obvious enough noone wants to buff them because then they would be a good Killer again and we can't have that

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
  • TeabaggingGhostfaceTeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 2,240

They need to make it less punishing to use the goblin

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,189

Hm.