Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I have never seen such a selfish survivor before

Okay this player was playing as yun lee and used

1. open handed
  2. left behind
  3. self-preservation
  4. sole survivor

all she did was wait for the 3 survivors to die and jump in the hatch. I have never seen this before in all my dbd matches

Comments

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

Is there a rift challenge for this like escaping through hatch? I don't do those anymore but they usually encourage a lot of stupid crap.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

Lore-accurate gameplay right there.

• AceinaHoleAceinaHole Member Posts: 27

I.. I don't know? Maybe she is completing old rift challenges but to think that a person is so desperate to get a hatch is beyond disappointing.

I quit dbd after that for a while out of shame lol

• AceinaHoleAceinaHole Member Posts: 27

i cant type names here but she was definitely a troll because she had a very racist name

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,848

Immersed yun jin

• Voodoo101Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

Come off it, you are telling me that you have never seen selfish players on DBD?

I can't remember how many times I have done gens, saved a survivor to see them crouching round the map, then when all five gens are done, they are out like a shot, leaving anybody down or on hook without a care in the world.

This is DBD. Sometimes you get good teammates, sometimes they are bad but try and sometimes they are selfish. Sometimes killers face-camp and then stand hitting you on hook, sometimes they hook and leave.

It could be that they was really new at the game and scared of getting hit, then happened on the hatch. I say could be, but unlikely.

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,177

Left Behind is a bad perk now. Personally I’d rather gamble trying to get the win going for an exit, than falling back on a crutch draw perk like Left Behind. Before MMR, Left Behind & Open Handed were so rewarding if you played well but had bad teammates.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,203

Left behind became even more of a joke after they added hatch to clairvoyance.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

That's Escape Based Matchmaking for you. You escape = you did good = your MMR goes up. You die - it goes down. And it never matters what you did the whole game.

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854

MMR is only based on self escapes, sure it will brings selfishness...

Another bad decision from BHVR that brings toxicity...

MMR win/loss for survivors should be team result related : 2 escapes = draw for everyone; 3+ escapes = win for everyone. It would force the survivors to play as a team and it would reward the survivor that got tunneled and had to loop the killer for 5 gens before dying on hook while his/her teammates escaped.

It's funny how there is a cheaply made Chinese copy of DbD that does exactly that. Also there are ways to communicate with other survivors in solo using quick preset messages like "I'm doing a gen" (and it says the exact percentage done), "I'm going for the unhook!", "The killer is near!", etc. That feel when a cheap copy did a much better job than the original, while the latter can't even implement anything like this for 5 years and counting.

Lower MMR for solo survivors means worse teammates. Nobody wants to lower their MMR as a soloQ survivor.

• GillyBeannnGillyBeannn Member Posts: 317

Oh geez, I didn't expect that. Did you report her by any chance?

• LeonxJiwoonLeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

Yup never surprise me how selfish solo queue are, like me for example running a killer for about 2 gens finally escape and come up to someone on a gen to get some heal they literally still insisting to finish the gen and the killer is no where by us then just run off and your like seriously, or your two hooked injured and the person whos healthy with 0 hooks not taking a hit or try get chase yeah this why people will 90% swf/family for such reasons.

• BeaburdBeaburd Member Posts: 815

What a disgusting person.

To think she used Open Handed over Self-Care with that build - gross.

I wonder if she even realizes that she was inadvertently helping her team with that?

---

Honestly though, at least it's a new build lol props to her for that.

I kinda dig the ingenuity.

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,000

Yun-Jin was your boss in this scenario

• LeonxJiwoonLeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2021

Nah brining self care is a must in solo queue, ever unhook someone while your injured and your both safe from killer as someone else is being chased ?You heal them and they run off without healing you back? I will take self care 100% of the time in solo, I only swap it out for bt/coh if with SWF. Besides open handed is a garbage perk lol , there way better perks for aura reading like good old bond.

• BeaburdBeaburd Member Posts: 815

Normally I'd agree with you, but after the introduction to CoH I just feel like Self-Care is the greedy alternative now. Though I suppose not everyone has access to CoH, so I guess that can be true.

But c'mon man...

You're speaking to one of the only people who runs Open-Handed on a regular basis.

Have mercy on me.

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,177

For me personally, it was never bad. It helped me out a lot whenever I had terrible teammates, & made the solo Que experience more bearable. Some may argue that Wake Up is also a bad perk. I disagree. Wake Up has saved my as soooooo many times. But I will admit its creeping towards bad now since No Way Out was introduced and is gaining popularity as of recent weeks.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 4,886

Then you never saw survivors cancel unhooks on you until you die or teabag at the end when killers are miles away refusing to save you even if you saved them before and did your objectives.

Not neccesarily more selfish but disgusting as hell.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,253

I've seen similar things from time to time - a survivor refusing to unhook (despite me being nowhere near) with their bum poised directly over the hatch and the like. And that's...fine - it's something that you do sometimes see in horror media.

What really grinds my grapes is survivors who will throw their allies under the bus deliberately for the sake of dropping their MMR. Suiciding on the first hook, DCing on the first down, even sometimes deliberately leading me to people doing gens.

Extremely frustrating. I'd rather get stomped by a SWF than win against a griefer.