Boons aura should only work on one floor level

Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,096
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Do you agree or not?

Comments

• DangerScouseDangerScouse Member Posts: 874

Agree

• aknitusaknitus Member Posts: 124

Does not make much difference other than the Game map. NHL is going away soon I think.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,096

Just played solo survivor game and someone:

#Balanced

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 2,945

Also makes a huge difference for buildings with 2 floors like Ironworks or the Temple

While theyre not nearly as much of an issue, they still cause problems

He has no ds. Tunnel the crap outta him, get him out of the game first. :P

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,165

Pretty sure they can't change that

All area of effects apply multiple floors. If boons only worked on single floors then terror radius and doctors shock would also only work on one floor unless they made a completly new code for boons.

There are easier ways to fix boons. If they even need to be fixed at all.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,796

Yeah, just needs to be changed from a sphere with radius 24m to a cylinder with radius 24m and a small height to account for slight terrain differences.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 2,940

It matters on Midwich, as well as many maps with extreme elevation. Also... Nawkins Hational Laboratory lmao

I do think this is a pretty reasonable suggestion, honestly. The big problem with boon totems as a mechanic (not counting CoH being way too overtuned) is that the time investment from the killer can be way too high for the intended back-and-forth to function; this change alongside an overhaul to totem spawns would do wonders.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,514
    edited November 2021

It makes a difference on other Maps as well. Basically every Map which has a two-story structure with a Totem spot on the upper floor.

E.g. Asylum, Coal Tower, Chapel... All of those take extra time away from the Killer to snuff out the Totem, while Survivors benefit from it on a different floor.

IMO this is a Nerf which is acceptable for Boons.

• Nos37Nos37 Member Posts: 2,455

Sure, but the following perks need the same change:

• A Nurse's Calling
    • Barbecue & Chili (the aura reading part)
    • Bitter Murmur
    • Blood Warden (the aura reading part)
    • Claustrophobia
    • Coulrophobia
    • Deerstalker
    • Hex: Blood Favor
    • Hex: Retribution (the aura reading part)
    • Hex: Undying (the aura reading part)
    • I'm All Ears
    • Jolt
    • Lethal Pursuer
    • Nemesis (the aura reading part)
    • Overwhelming Presence
    • Starstruck
    • Unnerving Presence
  • Plsfix369Plsfix369 Member Posts: 316

i'm not seeing any survivor perks in there, are you per chance a tryhard survivor main? just asking...

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,763

I disagree in as much as I think Boons should work exactly like all other perks and abilities which have a radius of effect, and all area of effect abilities work through floors currently. Terror Radius, Doctor’s Shock, all survivor and killer perks which work on a radius around the player, etc. I think it even uses the same calculations for hook distances and placements. There is no reason for Boon to work differently from any of those.

Now if you think the devs should change how areas of effect are calculated to make them not pass through floors that’s another topic entirely. It may or may not be a good idea to change how areas are calculated to consider floors, but I’m pretty sure it’s not a trivial task to do it since it involves changing a fairly fundamental underlying function of the engine that touches on practically the whole game.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 3,000

All radial areas of effect should be spherical, instead of cylindrical.

This goes for boons, terror radii, aura reading distances, the lot.

It would reign in powers like the Doctors over multiple floors, and make it a bit easier to judge if the terror radius that's right on top of you is really next to you or on an entirely different floor.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,580
    edited November 2021

I thought they were talking about the National Hockey League for a second.. 😂

• Voodoo101Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

Indoor maps are just wrong. Boons should work on one floor, unless it is in the house on an outdoor map, in the same way that the heart beat of a killer should work on one floor only. It is so annoying when you are working on a gen and then somebody runs below in chase. If the killer is nearby then that's fine, but if it is going to take the killer to run round the map, then find stairs, to try and come back to you, then they are not close.

The problem with boons is that on indoor maps, they then double in places to heal, this is why some swf teams have two of them and put offerings for indoor maps, it basically makes fours area's of healing, two on each floors. Add in some tool boxes and prove they self, and you have no chance. These are the players that often teabag because they think they are good, but only when they have the boons and three other teammates to protect them.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,580

also I agree.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 2,945

Ill be honest for at first it took a second to click in lmao

Lol my bad, I was thinking it was called National Hawkin's Laboratory. 😁