Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The "Go home chat filter, you're drunk" mega thread.

2»

Comments

• DatFastBoiDatFastBoi Member Posts: 452

Literally had two dudes telling me to kms yesterday but these are the words they censored ?? Tf 😭😭

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 21,017

We start the journey with the word Deutsch, which is German for the word... German, being blurred by chat

For some context here, the Nurse was from Mexico and I was playing in Germany.

Next on our tour, Nazi is left completely alone, despite the fact that it's (minorly) worse than German.

For context behind this one, there were about 13 previous screenshots of Felix ######### talking me and my friend because he decided to run into the Huntress instead of following me around.

And last up on our quick stop tour, SUICIDE screamed in all caps.

Some more context here, a Huntress who was slightly tilted after we said gg, to the point where we were told to Kiss In Song (because I guess the Y key was a bit far away) and thought that suicide in all caps was supposed to be intimidating.

• Tranquil_BlueTranquil_Blue Member Posts: 328

Does anyone have any idea how this chat filter "works"? How does it decide which words to filter? I'm genuinely curious how it was programmed to get such ridiculous results.

• Leatherface1990Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Sad game for sad people.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,124
    edited November 2021

Multiple of the survivors names are censored as well for some reason.

Tunneling and Camping is censored.

Chat filter is one of the worst systems they've added. You can choose to turn off the chat box if you want to be in your safe space. The fact that we can't choose to turn the filter off has forced it on all of us. I'm a big boy, I can handle mean words, I'd like to have it turned off.

• ThunderfrogThunderfrog Member Posts: 216

Can't say "butt."

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 4,424

"Last Name" and "Surname" are all censored

Filter, buddy

Why?

• TheDuhJTheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

How like an indian chief?

• The_KrapperThe_Krapper Member Posts: 2,635

I typed "gotta love dead by daylight " and it censored dead by daylight, lol imagine censoring the name of the game you're currently playing