Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Perks aside. what is not balance in the game?

2»

Comments

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,670

Objectives: 5 gens for 4 survivors in comparison to 12 hook(stage)s for 1 killer. This only creates pressure for the killer. When the survivors should feel pressured.

• AnniehereAnniehere Member Posts: 1,188
  • AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 1,220
    • SWF: They can't just have free advantages with comms without any drawback (Perk limitations, gens speed)
    • More depth on weak or basic powers: Like a secondary power (Manual trap activation from distance each 30s for Trapper...) or a passive ability ( Each successful chain decreases the chain hunt activation by 3s) It would reward you for good plays.
    • A good level designers Maps: I think every map should give at least a little chance to every type of killer (Grass for Trapper, some short loops for projectile killer...)
  • RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,379

Yea... that's true

But we probably have differing opinions on what unhealthy

• JohnWeakJohnWeak Member Posts: 854

I think that perks are just a detail everyone can work with. Some need changes but the 2 big deals concerning balance are the maps and the number of safe pallets/windows.

• TheDuhJTheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

I think survivor movement is the real problem in the game. The degree of movement options makes survivor way too unpredictable as killer and it feels more like a fighting game then a chasing game. So Killers have to make lightning fast predictions while survivors smash spins when they don't know what to do. So I would change survivor movement where they have more realistic movement and killerss have a better expectation of what a survivor can do in movement. I think anything that can be labeled as "Tech" needs to be patched out and make every option a survivor has intentional. For example: I would make it so a survivor has a stopping animation for when they slow down and manipulating movement by rapidly destroying your A and D keys doesn't maintain flow. I would replace this bizarre movement with step keys. So you would have a bit of acceleration to your movment, so a survivor takes like 1 second to get to max speed from walking. However if you hold "F" while running at max speed you can shift that momentum by pressing "A" or "D" into a Step animation that allows them to make a sort of leap to the side and they have to ramp back up to max speed after. A sort or dodge w/o the I frames. Think something like a Lane change you would see in like running games, and the cooldown is the movespeed. This would narrow their overall movement so that its more of an intentional outplay as opposed to being this braindead spin to win thing. This clearly makes it simpler for killers to understand survivors options (Especially when playing a ranged killer) so they can apply pressure more consistently in chase and have a better expectation of what a survivors movement will be. Killer movement is very stiff and akward and the plays a killer makes (especially at loops) are intentional and should pay off without having to stand still to follow this guy trying to get spin highlights for his YT channel.

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 1,160

Luck and fog offerings. Egc is so killer sided