Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Can you dead hard into a window vault?

When I watch streamers play it seems like they can Deadhard into a window vault. When I deadhard and try to vault a window I just hit the window and have to wait a second for a prompt to come up. Can you vault while deadharding or do you have to space it perfectly so your deadhard ends right at the window?

Comments

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,124

I think you need to time it well so your dead hard ends at the moment you can vault, otherwise you will just dash to window and get little stunned or medium vault.

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

It's better to time it perfectly otherwise you can get vacuum'd into a pallet or window. This could sometimes get you vacuum'd into a killer's lunge when you're already safe lol

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,288
    edited November 2021

You should dead hard whilst leaving yourself enough space to perform a regular fast vault. You don't even have to time it to perfection, you can easily (i guess...) pre-dead hard to the window if that makes sense.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,648

It is possible to time the dead hard correctly so you vault the window while at over 100% momentum, allowing you to fast vault over medium vault.

You can also just dead hard for distance and profit.

• stvnhthrstvnhthr Member Posts: 624

This is what I am trying to do, but no matter how I space it I still have to wait the half second to a second it takes for a prompt to come up to perform a vault. It also happens when just fast vaulting, but the delay is not as bad. Can lag cause a delay in vault prompts or are window vaults handled on my computer instead of the server?

• GrayEyesGrayEyes Member Posts: 379

Your DHing to close to the window do it further back where your still running after dh ends and not just running into the window instantly

Just leave enough space where you are at least running for 1 or 2 secs

• BadLooperQBadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

I'm doing that but the killer always end up over the vault and then I can't use it.... it's like he passes through myself with the invincibility from it and then end up on the vault blocking It.