Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Main event is kinda bad

jamally093jamally093 Member Posts: 718
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Now I'm not saying it pure garbage I mean it's bad because survivors can counter play it to easily by entering lockers or simple hiding behind objects blocked by pallets like near killer shack.

I get the point an easy down of multiple survivors but it's not easy to use and once you miss those first couple shots your screwed I don't think i've ever faced a Trickster who used Main event.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• SasukeKunSasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

You gotta wait and watch your bar, when it's like 80%+ i wait until im in a spot to use it. I heavily agree it's bad and shouldnt have a timer to begin with.

• k0reant3ak0reant3a Member Posts: 133

I agree with this 100% I love this killer, with main event you can’t get a proper use of it because the timer goes I think there shouldn’t be a timer because it’s hard to get anyways

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,661

I've not used Main Event to any decent effect once.

It shouldn't have a timer. Hell, it shouldn't even have fatigue.

I fully agree like his movement speed makes him hard to get around the map anyways he shouldn’t be punished for getting main event it’s fairly hard to gain 🤷🏻‍♂️

• AVoiceOfReasonAVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,390
    edited November 2021

I have used it and had it used against me in the basement. Trust me, neither person is getting out of their alive if the Trickster is remotely accurate. Worst feeling in the world. The timer is there to prevent you from keeping a survivor from rescues like Bubba. That's mainly it.

Survivors can just wait out the timer and he has to wait longer to get it again

• Tricksters_WifeTricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I agree. I've always said the power should be able to be held like Oni's power. You would get more value out of it this way when survivors are out in the open and/or unhooking.

I agree tricksters wife 100% love the name btw 🤣

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

Trickster as a whole is kinda bad.

• BeaburdBeaburd Member Posts: 815

I like the concept of main event, but hate it's execution.

Change his main event from its current iteration to a simple buff that empowers his regular knives by giving them free bounces and maybe other effects based on his add-ons.

Tada!

Now he's an ACTUAL trickster with his base kit knife plays, you can add cool new add-ons for him to change what his event does (aura on bounce hit? mangled on injure with main?) and the power is less oppressive so you can use it whenever you want.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

Main event is truly awful. I can't count the number of times it triggers on the last dagger when I down someone, then I just have a shiny effect and a power bar that ticks down to zero with no effect.

What do they want? Just switch to being a 110 killer trying to basic attack for a down so that you MIGHT trigger it later to get a down that you probably would have got with basic daggers anyway?

Why does it tick down when I don't use it anyway? Oni doesn't lose his blood charge when it's fully charged unless he uses it. Stalk meters don't go down until you proc the full effect. So why do I have to charge up a power which is just going to disable itself before I get to choose to use it at a useful time?

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,458

Yeah it's pretty bad. The fact that you are slower then survivors while in it means that the survivor needs to be in a real bad spot for it to work.

I wouldn't recommend jumping in a locker to counter it though. I don't know about other trickster players but i like to run Iron Maiden as a QoL perk and it doesn't end well for people who use lockers to avoid Main Event

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,449

Oh, yeah, to do the challenge in this tome, I needed to bait them into the open just to secure the down. I was not about to use it near a loop because I already know how that goes from extensive experience. Lol (I am not really laughing, I am dying inside).

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,854

You'll have to take my lockers out of my cold, dead hands

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,854

Watch me Head On and Flashbang your ass into oblivion and just when you think you're safe out comes the Blast Mine