Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

This needs to stop - the dcs

douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 1,309
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Can you please all stop your dcs its unbelievable and it ruins others experiences when you dc cvos you get downed. Is there a way devs can just remove the leave the game button on the pause menu. So that when ur in your in. Killers and survivors cos apparently the penalties don't phase the rage quitters they continue.

Comments

• Leatherface1990Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 618

They tank your MMR and once you are there and not in a SWF or LFG group it's an endless cycle of being matched with DC'ERS.

• hikenhiken Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2021

true, but at the same time if people arent having fun they will kill themselves on first hook immediately. is impossible to fix, unless they remove the try button and the perks working around it... and still if they dont want to play they will go afk and open other game, so in the end there is nothing you can do to stop a player from not wanting to play that game, if survivors could vote to kick a survivor out would bring other problems to the game aswell especially in solo q mode, making the game unplayable unless SWF with at least 2 survivors...

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,055

You are never going to get this community to not DC whenever they feel like it, nor are you going to stop people from getting disconnected by bugs or bad wifi

unless you have a metric ######### ton of money and a mind control device, DCs are a fact of life in this game

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,466

Yeah, it can be pretty damn miserable at times.

Yesterday I had 7 DCs in 7 games, back to back.

They could if they wanted to.

LoL dealt with the issue perfectly with their LeaverBuster system.

One DC every so often won't even do anything.

A few DCs - you get warned.

Several DCs in a short period of time - you'll get a penalty, but it'll be up once you've fixed your internet.

Consistently DCing - you'll start getting bans, which will eventually escalate into a perma.

I don't think I've seen a single incident recently where someone seemed to DC because of a bug/internet. It's always:

• When I find them early and they notice I'm playing 'x' killer (it can be literally any killer).
    • Almost as soon as the match begins, when they notice they've got a specific map.
    • The second I down them.
    • The second I hook them.

I seldom see killers DC, and then it's usually because of an offering, but survivors...woof.

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,055

Never thought I’d say this, but LoL did something right and honestly LeaveBuster should be implemented into this game

now excuse me while I go vomit for saying LoL did something right

Haha - LoL actually did a great deal right.

The Tribunal was one of the most effective and original ways I've seen of taking among the worst communities of any game I've ever played and massively improving it.

The game itself I'm...incredibly tired of. But Riot was pretty damn creative once upon a time.

• BabuDweetBabuDweet Member Posts: 553

Unless people literally dc every game. I don't get bothered by dcs on either side. People are entitled to at are more justified things.

Just my opinion, don't need to argue with me lol

I do.

I really do.

Especially if I'm playing killer. I hate to win like that, which means either I need to give them a chance and get yelled at in postgame for 'not ending/holding the game hostage' or crush them ASAP to move onto a proper game and get yelled at in postgame for 'l2p scumbad tryhard can't even give us a break u need DC to win lulul'.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 844

It’s a video game. People get mad and want out of the game. Not much more too it. Cant force someone to stay in a match they no longer want to be in.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,974

You can’t prevent them from disconnecting, but you can make it more difficult to do it without getting a temporary ban before being able to go to another match. Yeah, someone can try to die as quickly as possible on a hook, but that takes longer and gives the sore loser a chance to cool down before actually quitting.

So the automated DC penalties make it harder to just hop from game to game disconnecting every time you get downed. It makes it take longer for someone who ragequits frequently to get into a new match after quitting.

• GenJockeyNanceGenJockeyNance Member Posts: 581

People are rage quitting for so many small things like getting downed first or getting caught in a locker by a gen which is where your aura was when I looked at BBQ sooo.. I had a Nea the other night DC because I found her via a crow flying off. A crow is what made her DC. A crow.

I don't think removing the DC option will be of any use, survivors could rage quit via force restart their game. Or sabotage the match (i.e, fast jumping in and out of a locker, following the killer begging to be hooked, killing themselves on hook, etc. You get the picture).

You could make the penalty harsher but the only issue I'd see with that is when the game has its crashing parties and people would get punished heavily unfairly for it.

Maybe the game needs distinction between a disconnect via the button and its servers crashing / crashed. I don't know if this would even be possible but if it could, that could be a thing. With the disconnect distinction system, rage quitting would cost you a pip, the BP you would've earned, a penalty and maybe a punishment of double reduced bloodpoints for a short period of time after your penalty has been removed.

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,096

I agree.

The LEAVE MATCH button should be removed.

If you need to leave for an emergency, just leave your game running and step away. It won't hurt anymore to have your Survivor standing there doing nothing than it would to have your character vanish under a DC.

If you are held hostage by a hacker, do the old ALT-F4.

The button itself isn't needed.