Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Decisive Strike and Noed is getting out of hand

SpEzSpEz Member Posts: 70
So the two broken things in this game atm Noed and d strike aren’t they a pain in the balls atm YES they are!! Like when I pick up a survivor I get punished for doing my objective like just who thought of this? And Noed I get killed just because I’m doing the objective? They both need to be changed ASAP people are leaving this game because of these two broken problems. The devs need to realise this and change them it would make the game a lot better. So here’s a few ways on how I would change both of these perks: 

Decisive strike
1.Rework decisive strike so that if they succeed the skill check 50% of the wiggle bar will be complete and the killers movement is decreased to 40% for 4 seconds. 

Hex: No one escapes Death:
1. If there is a dull totem remaining and once the exit gates are powered all survivors suffer from the exposed effect for 60 seconds after the exposed effect ends the killers movement speed is increased by 4%.
«13

Comments

  • SpEzSpEz Member Posts: 70
    Ik right? They still haven’t fixed them like I would have expected these to be changed ages ago 
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Both are fine can someone drop a GIT Gud Meme!
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    Just break the totem.

  • MasonHugsCatsMasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Noed is usually broken before the exit gates open. At rank 1-5 my NOED never activates. DS is bs tho. The DS once the exit gate is open is a free kill.
  • CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,411
    edited January 2019
    fcc2014 said:
    Both are fine can someone drop a GIT Gud Meme!
    Done 


  • CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,411

    @EntityDispleased said:
    How do you even go down to noed just break the totem lmao.

    It’s like a child who is told no candy. They will turn in there brother/sister who has some just to deny them.(wanna say I have no issues with both perks)

  • ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,159

    I see both sides of the coin here. DS might not be an issue against casual players, but it has potential to really screw you over in a match. NOeD isn't much of a problem if your teammates know to break totems, but if you're playing solo and the killer is applying a good amount of pressure, you can't take all of them out by yourself. If your teammates fail to do any totems, you could be the one getting punished by it.

  • CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,411

    @ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I see both sides of the coin here. DS might not be an issue against casual players, but it has potential to really screw you over in a match. NOeD isn't much of a problem if your teammates know to break totems, but if you're playing solo and the killer is applying a good amount of pressure, you can't take all of them out by yourself. If your teammates fail to do any totems, you could be the one getting punished by it.

    Idk man honestly I consider noed weak. Like u take that with the plan of Them getting gens done. I run ruin,iron grasp,nurses and discordance/ franklins and normally get at least 3 by 1-3 gens left.

  • ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,159

    @Cardgrey said:

    @ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I see both sides of the coin here. DS might not be an issue against casual players, but it has potential to really screw you over in a match. NOeD isn't much of a problem if your teammates know to break totems, but if you're playing solo and the killer is applying a good amount of pressure, you can't take all of them out by yourself. If your teammates fail to do any totems, you could be the one getting punished by it.

    Idk man honestly I consider noed weak. Like u take that with the plan of Them getting gens done. I run ruin,iron grasp,nurses and discordance/ franklins and normally get at least 3 by 1-3 gens left.

    It's incredibly weak against SWF, but against solos, it can be devastating if you're playing a killer that can apply serious pressure, like the Nurse or Billy. If you don't give the survivors time to do anything but gens, it can net you a 4k.

  • DwightsLifeMattersDwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

    I see both sides of the coin here. DS might not be an issue against casual players, but it has potential to really screw you over in a match. NOeD isn't much of a problem if your teammates know to break totems, but if you're playing solo and the killer is applying a good amount of pressure, you can't take all of them out by yourself. If your teammates fail to do any totems, you could be the one getting punished by it.

    Couldn't agree more. Noed stomps solos, and DS in hands of decent survivors stomps the killer. And in hands of good swf groups even more
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited January 2019
    @Orion said:

    Just break the totem.

    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me
    @Nickenzie
    Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
    Vietfox said:
    @Orion said:

    Just break the totem.

    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me
    @Nickenzie
    Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
    That's a dilemma, you won't get emblem points for destroying dull totems. If the developers add a small bonus to destroying dull totems, count me in.
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Orion said:

    Just break the totem.

    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me
    @Nickenzie
    Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
    That's a dilemma, you won't get emblem points for destroying dull totems. If the developers add a small bonus to destroying dull totems, count me in.
    @Nickenzie
    Honestly i dont care about the emblem system.
    Personally i got 2 main goals:
    1 - to not give 4K to the killer
    2 - try to save as many teammates as i can
    And to survive ofc, but that's my 3rd goal. 
    It's so satisfying to remove noed before it triggers :)
  • SlayerSlayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Both are fine .
    1.1 Just break the totem.
    1.2 Just keep it stealth after gens are fixed.
    2.1 Just dont pick up or dont chase first.
    2.2 Just dribble or dont carry long ( there are hooks everywhere)


  • FacelessFaceless Member Posts: 120

    Ds is not broken
    and noed go to destroy totens.

    Yes this perks is noob friendly. Especially noed.

    Killer do nothing in the whole match and in the end kill all in one hit.

  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
    Vietfox said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Orion said:

    Just break the totem.

    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me
    @Nickenzie
    Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
    That's a dilemma, you won't get emblem points for destroying dull totems. If the developers add a small bonus to destroying dull totems, count me in.
    @Nickenzie
    Honestly i dont care about the emblem system.
    Personally i got 2 main goals:
    1 - to not give 4K to the killer
    2 - try to save as many teammates as i can
    And to survive ofc, but that's my 3rd goal. 
    It's so satisfying to remove noed before it triggers :)
    @Vietfox
    If destroying dull totems gave you a 5% bonus to the Lightbringer category with Hex totems being worth doubt the points then we might have something here! :)

    Perhaps they can buff NOED with this change?
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Orion said:

    Just break the totem.

    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me
    @Nickenzie
    Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
    That's a dilemma, you won't get emblem points for destroying dull totems. If the developers add a small bonus to destroying dull totems, count me in.
    @Nickenzie
    Honestly i dont care about the emblem system.
    Personally i got 2 main goals:
    1 - to not give 4K to the killer
    2 - try to save as many teammates as i can
    And to survive ofc, but that's my 3rd goal. 
    It's so satisfying to remove noed before it triggers :)
    @Vietfox
    If destroying dull totems gave you a 5% bonus to the Lightbringer category with Hex totems being worth doubt the points then we might have something here! :)

    Perhaps they can buff NOED with this change?
    @Nickenzie
    I think survivors should aim for the greater good, no matter if they get rewarded or not. At least that's what i do.
    I don't need/want any emblem to tell me i did well, i just wanna see my teammates escaping.
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
    Vietfox said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    Nickenzie said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Orion said:

    Just break the totem.

    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me
    @Nickenzie
    Then do what i do, run small game and cleanse all 5 totems by yourself. Most randoms will focus on gens, do what most randoms wouldnt do and you'll succeed.
    That's a dilemma, you won't get emblem points for destroying dull totems. If the developers add a small bonus to destroying dull totems, count me in.
    @Nickenzie
    Honestly i dont care about the emblem system.
    Personally i got 2 main goals:
    1 - to not give 4K to the killer
    2 - try to save as many teammates as i can
    And to survive ofc, but that's my 3rd goal. 
    It's so satisfying to remove noed before it triggers :)
    @Vietfox
    If destroying dull totems gave you a 5% bonus to the Lightbringer category with Hex totems being worth doubt the points then we might have something here! :)

    Perhaps they can buff NOED with this change?
    @Nickenzie
    I think survivors should aim for the greater good, no matter if they get rewarded or not. At least that's what i do.
    I don't need/want any emblem to tell me i did well, i just wanna see my teammates escaping.
    I guess. :(
  • SpicybarbecueSpicybarbecue Member Posts: 183
    edited January 2019

    Notice: It's not a Hex

    that's because it didn't used to be tied to a totem it used to be even more broken..you just got it and it had zero counter.
    both ds and noed need removed or changed

    edit-apparently I have no idea how to quote.

  • N_oN_o Member Posts: 28

    Both are fine. Ds gives you what an extra 10 seconds vs decent killers. If its a really big deal use enduring to mitigate some of the stun timer
    Noed is countered by killing totems.If you feel like they have it kill the totems. Whats hard about this concept.
    Both perks are situational tbh, and can be huge or not.
    As for people leaving the game because of these 2 perks? Lmfao NAH

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,468
    I see far more SC than DS or NOED. But I guess SC isn't broken, right?
  • FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,044

    @Tsulan said:
    I see far more SC than DS or NOED. But I guess SC isn't broken, right?

    Just because you see one perk more than another, it doesn't mean it's completely broken. Survivors take SC more often, so they don't have to rely on their teammates or chest rng, when it comes to healing. But I rarely see survivors healing themselfs, since the healing changes. Only if necessary, because it takes quite long.

    DS on the other hand is more broken, considering how much it can lengthen a chase, which is much more devastating for a killer.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    @Nickenzie said:
    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me (ironically they escape with me facing the punishment). Basically, it's a 1v1 situation (since I'm the only survivor cleansing all if the totems) when the game is built around a 1v4. Knowing this, a single survivor will struggle to find 5 totems since that task is meant for all survivors.

    Your rework would make NOED completely broken. 10% speed increase is a big difference. If your teammates don't break totems, you can also use Dark Sense and hide.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,468

    @Tsulan said:
    I see far more SC than DS or NOED. But I guess SC isn't broken, right?

    Just because you see one perk more than another, it doesn't mean it's completely broken. Survivors take SC more often, so they don't have to rely on their teammates or chest rng, when it comes to healing. But I rarely see survivors healing themselfs, since the healing changes. Only if necessary, because it takes quite long.

    DS on the other hand is more broken, considering how much it can lengthen a chase, which is much more devastating for a killer.

    OP argued that DS and NOED must be broken, because he sees them every match. 
    Just following that logic. 
  • FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,044

    @Tsulan said:
    Freudentrauma said:

    @Tsulan said:

    I see far more SC than DS or NOED. But I guess SC isn't broken, right?

    Just because you see one perk more than another, it doesn't mean it's completely broken. Survivors take SC more often, so they don't have to rely on their teammates or chest rng, when it comes to healing. But I rarely see survivors healing themselfs, since the healing changes. Only if necessary, because it takes quite long.

    DS on the other hand is more broken, considering how much it can lengthen a chase, which is much more devastating for a killer.

    OP argued that DS and NOED must be broken, because he sees them every match. 
    Just following that logic. 

    Ah ok my bad.

  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050
    edited January 2019
    Orion said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    This isn't exactly fair to the survivor role. Hear me out, I can cleanse every totem I see but still have NOED activate because my teammates didn't help me (ironically they escape with me facing the punishment). Basically, it's a 1v1 situation (since I'm the only survivor cleansing all if the totems) when the game is built around a 1v4. Knowing this, a single survivor will struggle to find 5 totems since that task is meant for all survivors.

    Your rework would make NOED completely broken. 10% speed increase is a big difference. If your teammates don't break totems, you can also use Dark Sense and hide.

    I been using a map to track totems and then use it to find the hatch. It's basically a crutch for me because I don't have to waste time finding totems.

    Edit: You know the 10% haste effect only last for 30 seconds, right?
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    @Nickenzie said:
    I been using a map to track totems and then use it to find the hatch. It's basically a crutch for me because I don't have to waste time finding totems.

    Edit: You know the 10% haste effect only last for 30 seconds, right?

    Playing in any way except perkless, itemless, and add-onless is a crutch.

    Yes, I get that. An increase of 10% to the Killer's base movement speed is slightly higher than Bloodlust II.

Sign In or Register to comment.