Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

You know you messed up when the most neutral content creator has to make a video about mmr

Comments

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,270

Wait, your MMR rises if you get a 1k? That's absurd. The devs have repeatedly stated they consider a 2k the median result they're hoping for. 1k is still underperforming, so why would your MMR go up for that? I've been under the impression all this time that a 2k kept your MMR static, 3k+ was upward movement, and 1k- was downward.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

This is where the "1k is a win" thing comes from. The Q&A stated the MMR system views a 1k as a win.

• SeraphorSeraphor Member Posts: 3,000
    edited November 2021

No I average 2-3Ks with hatch. But I get multiple hooks, a high score, and a pip, as opposed to a 4hook 4K camper who gets neither but shoots their MMR up into sweaty hell.

edited November 2021

It's impossible to tell.

Killer MMR is based on four 1v1s. A kill is a gain, an escape is a loss, a hatch or DC is neutral. The 3 1v1s adds up.

But the amount each kill/escape increases/decreases depends on the relative difference between your MMR and the Survivors MMR.

If you kill a very high MMR survivor, and three very low MMR survivors escape, that could potentially be a positive MMR change.

You're almost certainly in the same MMR as that 4k camper, my man, assuming you play regularly.

That I can't say. But we know how the MMR works, the gains per kill, the starting and the cap. If it works as we know it and the devs have basically said, then you're going to be at that same cap they're at very quickly. My best guess is region or play times.

I don't see how.

If you 2k then you more or less break even and barely move at all. If you 3k, depending on the MMR of the survivors, you could still barely move up at all, maybe 1-5 points. It takes 800 to reach the top MMR bracket.

If you don't realise that, then you don't understand how it works after all.

• The_C12H15NO2The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 268

I agree with Otz' video. The introduction of boon totems did mess up some killer play styles (most notably hit & run). But besides some minor tweaks to how those skills work i think it's ok & didn't ruin the meta too much. Which is the problem. Of all the perks introduced over the years, there are only about a half dozen that are used on either side which give you a chance to "win". Sure you can have fun with some meme builds but you won't "win" with those.

My main issue is map balance. Maps are not rebalanced often enough. Personally I'd rather have 3 month updates include rebalancing & general game updates instead of new chapters introduced. Move the new characters to a 6 month release. It's weird that as a killer I see maps with multiple god pallets or infinite loops then as survivor i get maps that have huge dead zones with a pallet which is completely unsafe, not even able to mind game. I understand it's hard to balance a map however if the dev team put more resources into improving the game outside of introducing new characters with perks the game could be in a healthier state overall.

• emodeshortemodeshort Member Posts: 141

It's past time to create a casual mode and a ranked mode. so the sweat lords have a place to be as tryhard as they like, and people who just want a fun time can enjoy the game once again.

• WalterKEKWhiteWalterKEKWhite Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2021
    1. There are no "Neutral" Content Creators. Every Content Creator has his own agenda, to produce content that makes him look good.
    2. Due to the fact that MMR is capped the Playerpool at max MMR will increase overtime and that 500h Meghead will be capped out at some point.
    3. Maybe just maybe the Devs of the Game that have Stats of houndreds and thousands of matches know more about gamedesign than you and me.

(I dislike SBMM aswell, but i don't pretend to know more about gamedesign or balance than an actual PROFESSIONAL gamedesigner or developer, just like i don't pretend to know more about vaccines than my doctor.)

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,895

Nah, if they think hit validation needs to exist for pallet drops and dead hard but not vaults, they do not know how to design games better than I do. I must be some super genius to believe consistency is better than arbitrary changes. I never even went to game design school to get my game design degree, I am just naturally gifted, Mr. White.

You realise Casual mode would be the one full of sweatlords right? Where they can noobstomp free from the restraints of matchmaking.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,245

Dbd was fun while it was casual.

If you are good, you get high MMR, which means you go against top players.. which means games are gonna be unfun because the devs balance around casuals.

So don't get good I guess.

• MassquwattMassquwatt Member Posts: 263

I don't know why they didn't just use the pip system as a baseline for MMR.

1 pip gets you 15 MMR, 2 pips get you 30 MMR, -1 pips loses 15 MMR and 0 pips is 0 MMR.

At least that way MMR is somewhat based on the personal skill of each player and not just totally random conditions like escaping and getting 1k's.

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,400

Honestly, my experience has been that MMR sometimes gives me better matches than I used to get before, often gives me matches that are just as bad, and hasn't really given me matches that are worse. So, there are higher highs, and the lows are still the same.

The one thing I agree with, though, is that my experience was much better during the first couple of weeks after the MMR launched, and then it gradually got worse.

I am kind of curious about whether the system is polarizing people by rapidly moving them up or down instead of spreading them out across the whole scope of the MMR. Like, I wonder if everyone is clustered at either the top or the bottom.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,293

I've not enjoyed the game as much since MMR has been added. I've hardly played any killer since MMR has been added so I won't comment on their experience (but from what I heard it's pretty bad).

Since I like to play with different friend groups on this game, with massive variations in skill the game has become really unfun. For me it seems to be mainly based off the "win" requirements and how it doesn't include items/add-ons or perks in it's matching.

When I play in my main 4 man team we face Nurses more often than any other killer. Regardless of whether we're playing with a good build or a meme build. If I then play with my real life friends, it feels like the games are slightly tougher but nothing massively different from before.

Solo q is extremely random. Some games I get good killers + good teammates. Whereas others I have terrible teammates vs a good killer. I'm getting teammates who are found in a locker within 30 seconds of the game starting.

I also don't like how when I play with my friends who aren't as good at the game that I'm punished for dying, rather than getting rewarded for the amount of work I put into that those games.

Lobby times from what I've been told have been extremely bad. I haven't been able to play at all really the last month but when I have, it's been 5+ minute wait times.

Tbh is MMR a massive improvement from the previous system? No.

Does it negatively effect me in certain ways? Yes.

I just don't see any real massive improvements it's given us over the previous system.

edited November 2021

Which is 40 2k's. Woah super hard to get. I really don't care how you think MMR works since the data mine video exists. 2k is not breaking even.

edited November 2021

Your math doesn't quite check out...

Yes I saw that data mine video. I've also read the explanation BHVR put out in response to it which was completely different, and makes a ton more sense. So I'm inclined to believe you're the ignorant, uninformed one here.

It is not a case of win = +20, no matter what your streamers tell you.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,577

Did OP watch the video? Otz openly says that he does not dislike MMR system. he says in the video that he is mostly used to it and his matches are fine.

In comment section, most of posts do not necessary talk about disliking MMR system. instead complaints are that BVHR does more poor job of balancing killers, therefore killer have lack of fun in their games when playing weaker killers. as a result, the game is very survivor-sided. Hopefully they stop making negative changes towards killer as it discouraging killer players to play killer which otz describes as longer queue times.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,287

I just want maps to be balanced so Im not miserable facing survivors I should be facing. When you don't kill anyone. You end up facing not great survivors and that's just as boring.

• gammatsunamigammatsunami Member Posts: 545

Theyd have the numbers of killer dropping out, and id love to see them

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,574

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

I feel like I'm playing a different game than you all. My killer queues during the day takes ages, and survivor queues instant. At night, it's the opposite since a lot of people play with their friends at night. It's been this way even before I stopped playing in 2018. I don't think there's a killer shortage at all because if there were, I'd have instant killer queues no matter the time of day.

Something tells me that the comments in that video and in this thread aren't very truthful.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,189

Not always.

How much mmr you gain or lose also depends on how big the difference between you and the survivor is.

If the survivor you sacrifice is much higher mmr then you then you get more points

So if you sacrifice a high mmr survivor who for example wants to make sure their their low mmr friends who they are swfibg with makes it out then the mmr you get from them could outweigh the ones you lose from the other 3 resulting in a small net positive.

This is nowhere near the norm but not really uncommon either with people who swf with different mmr ratings

• MyelinXCVIIIMyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 66

My games got less consistent, funnily enough.

Playing as my most played killer (legion) I almost always get 3 games in a row of stomping survivors, followed by one sweaty game where I almost always get stomped. That cycle then repeats.

I've since stopped playing but not because of MMR or boons, I just got burnt out.