Why are most killer perks so underwhelming?
Lately I've been trying to mess around with my builds but most killer perks are so bad or have little impact that it doesn't even matter if you run them or not.
- Brutal strenght: 2.6s to break a pallet to 2.08. Unnoticeable in most chases as they can get to another tile in most maps (The Game map has so many pallets that it won't make any difference).
- Unnerving Presence: Only works with newer players, I don't remember missing a single UP skill check since years ago.
- Stridor: It was nerfed considering that IW is meta (and probably the strongest survivor perk), now that the Spirit has been nerfed, it should affect IW again.
- Territorial Imperative: Why is this even a perk? Better yet, why does it even has a cooldown?
- Fire Up: The idea is good on theory but in practice is useless, by the time you get its full effect you probably already destroyed most, if not all, pallets and walls. And the game never lasts long enough after all gens are repaired to actually get to use the perk.
- Hangman's Trick: A really cool but specific perk that helped counter sabo, now it's been nerfed. It won't help you, ever.
- Cruel Limits: Only usable 5 times, and in most maps you won't get value in any of those procs.
- Dead Man's Switch: This perk is just straight up bad. It blocks gens that people stop repairing after hooking the obsession, it has a 45s activation window but if someone gets off a gen after 30 seconds of the perk activated, it will only block the gen for 15s.
- Hoarder: It would be ok... maybe... if only didn't spawn more chests and it affected the entire map.
- Oppression: The cooldown makes this perk not being worth picked over other gen regression perks.
- Eruption: 6% of regression when you down someone, that's 4 seconds of gen progress. Go figure.
- Hex Pentimento: A cool perk in theory but only works with broken totems. This has to be the worst possible time to release this perk, who breaks totems now that boons are meta? #########?
- Monstrous Shrine: monstrous shrine.
There are many more perks that are garbage, these are just a few. But it's really sad cause at higher mmr you're forced to pick the same perks over and over unless you want to be genrushed. Maybe if devs actually buffed some of these jokes they call "perks" people would start using them more, making the game more fun and less stale for both killer and survivor. And keep in mind that some of these ######### perks are get only after you spend money on a character, so not only they're bad but you get them while paying for a character.
It seems like the devs are scared to release perks that are strong, but remember that this game is a 4v1, 16 perks against 4. Those 4 perks should be equal on power to the 16. Survivor perks are SO strong nowadays that they can win you games. Dead Hard can get you enough distance to loop for who knows how many seconds, forcing to drop chase in most cases. Decisive Strike can straight up make you lose a game if a survivor uses it (even if you weren't tunneling). Boon totems are a lose-lose for the killer, remember when devs said hexes were supposed to be high risk high reward? seems like they forgot to add the "high risk" part to the boons and only added the high reward. And there are so many second chance perks to the survivor side that sometimes you have to go against the equivalent of 8 survivors.
I'm not saying that survivors don't have bad perks, its just that you have less variety on the killer side and its really unfun, while on the survivor side you're able to run whatever build you like and if your teammates are running the meta, you will still win.